Profile for Kibbler > Reviews

Content by Kibbler

Kibbler

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Offered by Shop4World

2.0 out of 5 stars Online only review, 28 Jan. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I like the different way prestige works, how you can prestige at max level and once you unlock the guns, they are just as you left them. And also how you can prestige (reset) guns individually as the hit top level.

I have had some fun with this game, but it is so much more frustrating than any other game I have played....

If you like clearing an area, then getting killed because the player you just killed has spawned right behind you, then this it the game for you.

The map sizes run from tiny to medium, and the respawns the game chooses run from chuckles to idiotic.

At least, at times you can say, 'hey! ive just walked round the corner, no team mates are there, ill spin round and get a kill as an enemy respawns'...although this kill ends in a death as 2 other enemies respawn there too.

If you like to snipe, then this game tries to take away any advantage you might gain:
Always visible with a UAV up.
Most spots to snipe have multiple entries.
Protecting these entries with explosive/electrics is very random. People walk through them without setting them off, and if they are destroyed or 'hacked' it sometimes tells you, many times not.

Its good in the daytime here in the UK, but past 10pm it can be horribly random (I play XBOX)

Overall, it is the spawn issue that ruins the game for me. Ive gained from it, dont get me wrong. But its no fun for me when I spawn next to my dead body, the instantly die again and I guess its no fun for the guy Ive just killed who spawns next to me and gifts me another kill

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you like playing games on Wednesdays?, 22 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
If so, dont bother buying this game. Wednesday is patch day and your single player game is unavaliable because it must be online all the time you want to play....And its not enough that your internet is working, if Activision/Blizzards servers are not working, you cant play!

Now if you still think thats ok, then get this game! it is a good game, but really let down by money grabbing. The whole point of the game is to grind through dungeons to improve your character, which is good fun but a lil repetative at times. This grind is then circumvented by the auction house, where you can buy items for in game gold, or actual (real world, hard earned) money.
Because this extra revenue stream is built into the game - which defeats the object - Activision/Blizzard need to watch you at every point while you play. You are guilty until witnessed innocent, to make sure no dollar is lost to the 'man'!
Also you will automatically join a chat channel when you play the game. This chat channel will be spammed by companies trying to get you to buy 'in game money' for cash.
THIS IS NOT A SINLGE PLAYER GAME, ALTHOUGH IT IS A SINLGE PLAYER GAME

Confused? So am I!
I think this is a good single player game, but it tries everything it can to annoy anyone who wants to play it solo.

Although the review is all negative, the base game is very good. I am playing it still, although ignoring very obvious flaws, it is still good fun
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2012 12:54 AM BST

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but......, 22 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game, the campaign is good, and full of excitement and challenges. Some levels took lot of reloading from save points but never enough to put me off. The multi-player is brilliant, good on your own, but but if you have 1 or more friends it is great with team work. It also caters for different styles, i like running in shooting, my friend likes taking a step back and waiting for a sniper shot.

The big problem, though, is....

I live in England, and once it gets to 11-12pm, the multiplayer becomes a lag fest. I am in the north of England, my friend in the south, with different internet providers. In the day we rarely have problems, but when we try to play at night the game becomes a joke, where there are one or two people who are invincible to us. This never happened on the older MW games, where I uesd to work shifts and played late, but now the multiplayer is a joke late at night.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2012 12:51 AM BST

Modern Life Is Rubbish
Modern Life Is Rubbish
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, great memories, 8 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Modern Life Is Rubbish (Audio CD)
this album changed my life! when britpop kicked off, being in a cheshire school, oasis were the big band...so of course, i chose blur's parklife as the album i would champion! i wasnt really into music then, it was kinda the big thing at time, everyone was doing it! but when i wanted to hear more, i bought modern life is rubbish, and it all changed. no longer the easy chart music, but catchy songs that wouldnt get played on the radio. this introduced me to looking for other music that didnt get played often and helped me discover so much more music!

if you are thinking of getting a blur album, or a brip-pop era album, start here! im listening to it now, and i can still see images of sitting on a bus through france, while listening to this on my old casette walkman!

an album that changed my life.

A true brit pop record that doesnt sound cheesey or dated.

long live modern life!