Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "coops1959" (Brandon, Suffolk, UK)

Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars Works eventually, don't give up if you are having problems, 28 Dec. 2014
This really should have been a 5 star rating as once working it is a super bit of kit.
Out of the box, and completing a quick set up, you will get connected to the built in web browser via WiFi.
If you then want to connect to the Sony Entertainment Network, (SEN), to connect to Netflixs etc you may well be in trouble.
I have a Sky router, and was unable to connect to SEN, "Network unavailable".
On doing a Google search there are hundreds of people who have had similar problems, Mainly with Sky routers I believe.
Reading other reviews on here since, there are many people even returning the item due to not being able to get it working.
The workaround:-
A manual set up is required.
Allow for an automatic ip address, but when you get to the DNS settings, here you require a manual set up.
Use the following, primary = 8.8.8.8 and secondary of 8.8.4.4
If anyone is interested, I could try to write a more comprehensive, "How to", on here, please just leave a comment.
Once set up as above, all works fine.
I did load the latest software update with a hope that there would be a fix to the problem, but there isn't.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2015 8:52 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Although there are some less than complimentary reviews on here ..., 28 Dec. 2014
Although there are some less than complimentary reviews on here about this lock, personally, I think it is superb.
I have 4 of these locks already and have just ordered another 2.
The 4 I have, i have had for about 2 years and have never had a single problem with them.
Some people have said that they have had problems locking/engaging the key....
Same with any key, if not fully engaged they won't work.
All 6 locks are different combinations, (they were bought in 3 lots of 2), comment made as someone here has reviewed they received the same key combination on their order of two locks.
It is a big lock and is quite heavy but what price for security????

Cycle Touring - Your Guide to Everything Bike Touring
Cycle Touring - Your Guide to Everything Bike Touring

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide, 17 Oct. 2013
This book by Dan is a great introduction to the world of bike touring, plenty of great advice can be found here.

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 9 Oct. 2013
Explains how the pro cycling world of Tyler's era worked in a sad but wonderfully written book. A "must read" book for everyone who loves their cycling.

Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie
Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine read for those contemplating their first bike tour., 5 Oct. 2013
Little by little you will see the author, Andrew, go from novice bike tourer to a seasoned one.
Amusing in many places
This book makes me want to start planning my first tour.

Mud, Sweat and Gears: Cycling From Land's End to John O'Groats (Via the Pub)
Mud, Sweat and Gears: Cycling From Land's End to John O'Groats (Via the Pub)

5.0 out of 5 stars Boozing and biking, 10 Mar. 2013
Great reading, highly amusing and educational as well. A good insight into a lejog trip, but a bit different being a bit of a good beer guide as well.

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmation That I Suffer From This Condition, 15 Nov. 2012
Well, I'm now "compulsively" telling all my biking buddies about this book.
This is a brilliant read, and, if I didn't know already, confirms that I am afflicted with this condition.
Anyone who takes their cycling seriously will see so much of themselves, coming back at them from the words Dave uses to describe his affliction.
Be ready for many "belly laughs" and the strange looks that will induce in your other half.
How many times have I tried to explain to others about the feeling I get when taking part my sport.
Forever more this will now be referred to as, "The Knowledge".
You may well be inspired from Dave's writings to try something you have previously thought about.
Yesterday, I was inspired to get out for my first night ride for a couple of years, (Anatomy of a West Country Night Ride chapter).
You should have heard my screams of joy, riding through my tunnel of light on the single track section of my local forest.
I have "The Knowledge" :-)
I may well try "Ireland - Alpine Style" next summer.
Cheers Dave for a brilliant read

Garmin Quick Release Kit for forerunner
Garmin Quick Release Kit for forerunner
Offered by You Want One

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit, 21 Jan. 2009
Hi
Got this at Christmas 08, and have had no real problems.
I only use this on my bike, and for running.
The tri guy from the previous report, mentioned some problems with use with a wet suit, which I could understand, but the bulk of the 305 in itself is a problem for some people.
Clipping in either the bike or the wrist mount seems extremely firm, and I could not imagine even the biggest pot hole shifting the 305 from the mount.
Wearing this for running does increase the bulk on the wrist a bit.
Also the very nature of using a Velcro fixing can present problems.
For me, excellent product, and am just about to but a second for my MTB.
Cheers