Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit
Profile for Shops a lot > Reviews

Content by Shops a lot

Shops a lot "Shops a lot" (Highlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it ..., 6 Jun. 2016
Well, I've been using this book on and of for about 6months so feel it's had a fair chance to impress however, after baking many different recipes not one single batch has come out edible! Not one!

Each cake mix has a funny dense texture before baking which has translated into some pretty miserable baking fails.

In addition, I have never seen sugar and butter used in such ridiculously high quantities. By way of illustration, a batch of nigella Lawson muffins that I made used 170g of sugar for 12 muffins where as the ones from this book used 360g for the same quantities plus around 375 ml of buttermilk adding even more sugar to the mix! They also add salt in their recipes (albeit in small quantities) but I don't know why when other recipes don't call for it.

Over all, I'm disappointed and shall be handing my copy over to the local charity shop so atleast some one can benefit from it having been produced.

My advice, don't waste your money.

(1920x1080P 60Hz Full HD Video Output,1G+8G)Dual Core 1.5GHz MX Android4.2 TV Box XBMC Mini PC with 4x USB Ports Built in Wifi, Infra Remote Great for Watching Youtube Surfing Internet, Online TV, Android Game With Remote Control, HDMI Cable Support SD Card up to 32GB

1.0 out of 5 stars It just exploded - avoid at ALL costs !!, 27 Dec. 2014
The plug has literally exploded! The plastic plug cover fired atleast 4 foot across the room Completley splitting the plastic into large shards! The circuitry inside the plug is melted in parts and there are scorch/burn marks a good 2 inches away from the plug on the actual wall.

My daughter only plugged this in two days ago as it was a Xmas gift and she was in the room when it exploded!! We were Very lucky she wasn't injured and there wasn't a fire!

Appalled is not the word and I have just emailed the seller. I will liaise with trading standards after the Xmas hols too. I cannot emphasise enough how much you should NOT buy this item. Avoid Avoid Avoid

Convertible: My Car (Convertibles)
Convertible: My Car (Convertibles)
by Miles Kelly
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Jan. 2013
Bought for a 2 year old who opened all remaining Xmas parcels from inside this car :)

For two weeks solid this car/book has been used as a car and has provided many hours of fun. Folds open into the car but can be used as a book although I cannot comment on the story as its always been in car mode.

I agree with other reviewers that the joints get a bit 'battered' with use but it is a cardboard book so I can't really mark it down for that as I expected it to get a bit tired. Not sure how it would hold up for older kids though who were perhaps a little rougher on it (I purchased for a 2 yr old)

Overall it's been a good purchase for us and provided hours of fun to its intended recipient and would recommend to others.

Finger Hockey: No Poke Checking!
Finger Hockey: No Poke Checking!
by Agnes Flanigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, 2 Jan. 2013
It was bought as a stocking filler for my 10 year who eats, sleeps, breathes ice hockey.

After opening all his parcels Xmas morning this was the first thing he played with and has played with it everyday since. Sometimes he plays alone and sometimes his siblings play too. For little over a fiver it's been great value for money for us. It is exactly as depicted in the photo here on amazon. It's packaged in a very small box and the pieces are small (as you'd expect for a finger game) so you need a small box etc to store it in after opening so you don't lose the pieces.

If you know someone into ice hockey then this is a nice little game to entertain them at pocket money prices.

Rolobox Wheel Kit For Boxes
Rolobox Wheel Kit For Boxes

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've got kids you need these :-), 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Rolobox Wheel Kit For Boxes (Toy)
Other reviewers have pretty much covered it. Sturdy set of four wheels and a rope pull handle that Easily attaches to empty boxes (great way to use your next box from amazon :-) ).

Bought for my own 3 kids, 1 niece and 2 nephews and everyone loves this nifty inexpensive set. Hours of enjoyment all year round with whatever boxes come into your home. Kids have made anything from shopping trolleys to trains. My older kids reinforced a rather large sturdy box and pulled my youngest around the hall in it - that project Kept them quiet for hours (cost quite a bit in parcel tape though lol ) basically a plain old box can become anything their imagination dreams up.

Everyone loved it, provided hours of entertainment and will continue to entertain and all for a reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Mighty Boom Ball Green Battery Booster
Mighty Boom Ball Green Battery Booster
Offered by E.U. Xtores

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jan. 2013
First saw this for sale at a stall at a summer fete and thought it was a total gimmick. Couldn't figure how it would be any good but it captured my sons imagination and after months of being pestered I ordered it for Xmas and expected it to be fairly naff. I was wrong. It is absolutely brilliant. It came within 48 hours and well packaged. It's very easy to use too. You simply unscrew the cover and place or hold the black vibrating speaker on practically any hollow object for the most amazing sound. My son has used all sizes of box, tins, Tupperware boxes, doors, saucepans and just about every other household object he can find. Some sounds are better than others but on the whole you get an astonishingly brilliant, clear and loud sound out of this clever little device. Can be attached to a key ring too so you always have a speaker handy for impromptu gatherings etc. highly recommend this little speaker. Great fun, great sound (on most items) and great price..... In my opinion you can't really go wrong.

Devil Design Silicone Skin Case Cover for iPod Touch 4 - Red
Devil Design Silicone Skin Case Cover for iPod Touch 4 - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 2 Jan. 2013
Okay, so I see I'm going to be contradictory to other reviewers but I maybe got one of poorer quality. This was bought for my 10 yr old for his iPod touch (4th version) and for him the problem was that after a few weeks it kept falling off. (I write this review after 2 months of use) The rubber material seemed to have stretched and became loose. Maybe if you don't carry your pod about too much it maybe wears better but my son takes his everywhere so a loose cover is something of a liability and means your ipod is more likely to fall. we recently bought a new cover to replace this one so its Been a bit of a false economy for us too. I guess for the price it's okay though - My son loves the design and it does allow you to charge it while still in the case which many do not. It's just not as good as it perhaps should have been.

KSG : Junior Sequin Art - Musketeer Cat
KSG : Junior Sequin Art - Musketeer Cat
Offered by EmiliaJayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jan. 2013
Bought as a gift for my 12 yr old for Xmas. She loves these sequin arts and has completed quite a few. She said this is her fave one ever. She loved that it was puss in boots. Lots of spare pins/sequins as seems standard and is just as we'll cause they do go everywhere. Comes with colour picture which you pin to polystyrene base and fill in with corresponding sequin colours so very easy to complete. Took my daughter a good few hours to complete probably about 7 or 8 in total over a couple of days due to sheer number of sequins required rather than difficulty level. Looks great when finished and now has pride of place on her wall. Recommend to anyone.

Visario 6524 Canvas Pictures 160 cm Ready to Hang
Visario 6524 Canvas Pictures 160 cm Ready to Hang
Offered by Visario UK ® VAT GB253190911

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 2 Jan. 2013
Item pretty much as described. Stretched canvas prints. Image good and as expected. Only let down was the picture did not come ready to hang as I understood would be the case. Came with metal hooks etc that you fasten yourself to the frame. Hence loss of star but otherwise a good purchase for the money

Bop-It! Bounce
Bop-It! Bounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Bop-It! Bounce (Toy)
Arrived promptly and well packaged. Not normally a fan of toys like this but at a heavily reduced price I thought I'd give it a go. It exceeded expectations and I'd definitely recommend to others. Between us parents and the three kids (7,10,12) it's Been played with a lot. Competing against each other to get the highest scores or trying to beat our own high score. Hours of amusement.. Only thing I'd say is if you're a fan of ornaments (which thankfully we're not) you might want to move them because the ball bounces everywhere with little effort and would easily knock them over. Otherwise a great game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6