Profile for NicolaB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Night Music
Night Music

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining in the end.., 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Night Music (Kindle Edition)
I have just read this thinking it was her latest book and what a crashing disappointment and how flimsy it was from her previous few books. Now I've come to write the review and seen it is actually an older book, I don't feel so harsh. She has grown in her writing I am pleased to say.
Whilst the book is entertaining. I found it took me over half the book to start enjoying it and then it finished too quickly! The first half I just found the whole Isabel/Matt/house thing immensely irritating and would just stop reading and played candy crush on the train instead. It took me a week to read the first half and 2 days to read the rest.

Easipet Fabric Pet Carrier, Medium, Blue
Easipet Fabric Pet Carrier, Medium, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 17 Oct. 2014
Great price and big enough for 2 bengals to take a trip.

Evergreen Handy Spreader
Evergreen Handy Spreader
Offered by Glisteni Glisten

2.0 out of 5 stars One use only, 15 Aug. 2014
Didn't last very long unfortunately. Spend a bit more money if you want more than one use

Medipaq® The SUPER FURNITURE SLIDERS (Distinct ORANGE by Great Ideas) - Moving Heavy Furniture Has Never Been Easier! 8 PIECE VALUE PACK.
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but brilliant, 15 Aug. 2014
Absolutely genius things! managed to push along a solid oak refectory table and just about lift over the door with 4 people to polish floor.
Work a treat!

Beurer FB25 Footspa with Magnetic Field Therapy
Beurer FB25 Footspa with Magnetic Field Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 15 Aug. 2014
Has absolutely solved the pain I was having in the ball of my foot (I believe its your metatarsal?) It persisted for 3 weeks and within 3 uses of this it was gone. Unfortunately, I believe I am getting to the age where you regret wearing 4' heels for the last 25 years. My feet feel constantly tight and it definitely eases after 30 minutes of using. I add a cup of Epsom salts to the water.
The water does get very hot, but maybe I wont mind in the winter. You cant turn the heat off, so I fill with luke warm water and within 30 minutes its very toasty.
As someone else noted... there is no drain (not that I can find) you just have to tip out :-)

The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels Book 3)
The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting Finish, 4 July 2014
Good book and a great series. It didn't seem quite as long as the others (so hard to tell on the kindle) I could have done with it being about another 200 pages in old money. A just ending, but wished it had been padded out a bit more.

The Country Escape
The Country Escape

3.0 out of 5 stars Play it again Sam...., 4 July 2014
I liked it and its good fun. Didn't feel it was quite as good as her previous books, but that maybe that I'm just getting used to them. I knew exactly where it was going from the start. Cant imagine anyone being surprised by the ending. Bit disappointing.

Catit Senses Grass Garden
Catit Senses Grass Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Catit Senses Grass Garden (Misc.)
Brilliant. I had tried growing before in a normal pot but as soon as the cat tries to eat it pulls out at the root. The grass shoots up in about 4 days incredible!

Meringue Girls Cookbook
Meringue Girls Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Book, 14 Jan. 2014
I purchased this in hardback format and I love it! Beautiful book with great recipes. I made the Honeycomb, Chocolate & Salted Peanut for mixed Sunday Lunch(kids and adults) both adored... I served with cream swirled with caramel and some more salted peanuts. Not for the faint hearted...... there werent any left!!!

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt the years drift back, 10 Jan. 2014
My expectations of this were low following reading a few bad reviews, but couldnt help but buy it!!! I dont know what those people who gave bad reviews were reading, but if you loved the original books then you will love this one!! It is exactly as you would it expect her to be! Same person, same writing, just older. If you expected her to evolve... then I suppose you may be dissapointed *shrugging shoulders*
Starts off a little slow if I'm honest, but a 1/4 of the way in and your hooked.
Only bad point is... appear to be spending my life thinking and writing in a Bridget type fashion, much like I did when the first book came out in my 20's.
God help my blog!!