Profile for NicolaB > Reviews

Kirkland Signature Canadian Maple Syrup - 1L - Grade A Dark Amber
Kirkland Signature Canadian Maple Syrup - 1L - Grade A Dark Amber
Offered by Grocery UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and good, 3 May 2016
really good maple syrup and super speedy delivery.

Friday on My Mind: A Frieda Klein Novel (Book 5) (Frieda Klein Series)
Friday on My Mind: A Frieda Klein Novel (Book 5) (Frieda Klein Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it, but, 29 Mar. 2016
I really enjoyed this book as I have all of the Frieda Klein series? But.... feel it's all starting to lose its way a little.

A Midsummer Night's Scream (The Dulcie O'Neil Series Book 7)
A Midsummer Night's Scream (The Dulcie O'Neil Series Book 7)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring ......, 21 Mar. 2016
To be honest having stated in her last book that was the series over. I was somewhat surprised to then see this no. 7. She should have left it at 6.
Slow, slow, slow.... I stopped reading numerous times eventually got through it. Picked up in the last 40% and eventually became quite exciting in the last page. This book gave me the feeling it was written before the last one, not sure why... But stating on numerous occasions about 300 year old Bram, when it was made quite clear in the last book he was 700.... Sloppy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2016 2:54 PM GMT

The Woman Who Fell in Love for a Week
The Woman Who Fell in Love for a Week

5.0 out of 5 stars Get stuck in!, 14 Feb. 2016
I must admit I started reading this and it didn't grab me instantly. In fact I put it down for a couple of months after reading the first chapter. I then got bored on a train journey so started again and couldn't stop reading .... 24 hours later finished. Great book. Starts a little slow and I forgot it was a Fiona Walker book when I started to reread (the curse of the kindle never knowing what or by whom you are reading). But it soon became apparent, great writer. Again felt the loss when I finish all of Fiona's books. Such a likable character.

Jamie Oliver Potato Masher with Silicon Scraper - Silver
Jamie Oliver Potato Masher with Silicon Scraper - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy & Good, 23 April 2015
So far, so good. My husband seems to take charge with the potato masher (bit like the BBQ). It is a good thing, but does mean we have gone through about 4 mashers in the last two years. Which I consider a lot! This feels very sturdy and able to take a manly mashing for the foreseeable future!

OXO Good Grips Shower Stall Drain Protector
OXO Good Grips Shower Stall Drain Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars very effective product with good looks, 22 Mar. 2015
Great product, does exactly what it says. Very unobtrusive in the shower laying completely flat and doesn't move at all (until the cats spot it)

Night Music
Night Music

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining in the end.., 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Night Music (Kindle Edition)
I have just read this thinking it was her latest book and what a crashing disappointment and how flimsy it was from her previous few books. Now I've come to write the review and seen it is actually an older book, I don't feel so harsh. She has grown in her writing I am pleased to say.
Whilst the book is entertaining. I found it took me over half the book to start enjoying it and then it finished too quickly! The first half I just found the whole Isabel/Matt/house thing immensely irritating and would just stop reading and played candy crush on the train instead. It took me a week to read the first half and 2 days to read the rest.

Easipet Fabric Pet Carrier, Medium, Blue
Easipet Fabric Pet Carrier, Medium, Blue
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 17 Oct. 2014
Great price and big enough for 2 bengals to take a trip.

Scotts Miracle-Gro EverGreen Handy Spreader
Scotts Miracle-Gro EverGreen Handy Spreader

2.0 out of 5 stars One use only, 15 Aug. 2014
Didn't last very long unfortunately. Spend a bit more money if you want more than one use

GreatIdeas™ The SUPER FURNITURE SLIDERS (Genuine Original Orange Discs by Medipaq) - Moving Heavy Furniture Has Never Been Easier! 8 PIECE VALUE PACK.
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but brilliant, 15 Aug. 2014
Absolutely genius things! managed to push along a solid oak refectory table and just about lift over the door with 4 people to polish floor.
Work a treat!