Profile for Dr. D. M. Hunt > Reviews

Everbuild EVFF7 Fix and Fill Expanding Foam Filler 750ml
Everbuild EVFF7 Fix and Fill Expanding Foam Filler 750ml
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fills your hole in seconds..., 18 Oct. 2015
Yucky, sticky stuff to fill your empty voids. Sticks like s**t to a blanket, so watch yourself. Expands nicely to create an airtight seal, useful for things like cables and pipes through ceilings, floors, walls et.c.

LG Harris 13190 Platinum Brush Set (Pack of 5)
LG Harris 13190 Platinum Brush Set (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good brushes at a good price, 18 Oct. 2015
Cheap and cheerful. These brushes work well, they don't leave bristles in the job and clean easily to be reused. I'm quite impressed at how brushes these cheap actually don't explode and burn the house to the foundations at the first hint of any hard work.

Harris Touch Up Paint Brushes Twin Pack
Harris Touch Up Paint Brushes Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well to get those fiddly bits done, 18 Oct. 2015
Great for those difficult to get straight lines between different coloured walls, around windows and skirting boards. Living in an ancient Victorian house means lots of DIY and these brushes really helped get the result I wanted.

Mudder LCD Electronic Balance Digital Hook Hanging Luggage Fishing Weighing Scale Pocket Scale 88lb/40kg, 10g with Backlight, Show Temperature Function
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, accurate for my use, 18 Oct. 2015
Works really well, quick and easy to set up, seems accurate up to the 2kg I have been using it for. I am not weighing things, per se, rather, I am measuring the torque on small motors and have to adjust controllers to be more-or-less 2kg over a 10cm pull. I tested it against a much more difficult to get-my-hands-on-to-use at the Mechanical Engineering Lab and it was within 10g.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 10:53 AM GMT

Draper 28750 Precision Screwdriver Set (11 Pieces)
Draper 28750 Precision Screwdriver Set (11 Pieces)

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe you might get lucky, maybe you won't?, 18 Oct. 2015
I am wondering where the five star reviews are coming from. I received a oil covered set of drivers, wiped them with a rag, then proceeded to use the 00 size and the shaft rotated in the metal body. I need not have worried though, as using a pair of pliers to squeeze the shaft and handle together to make the driver work meant I could test the final part of the purpose of the screwdriver, unscrewing screws. The screw wasn't tight, but the grips are like they've been carved by a teenager with a compass, bored in a maths lesson. Overcoming the agony of having my skin torn off, I turn and.... the screwdriver head disintegrates. It is made from that steel only the factories in China seem to make, more akin to butter than tool steel. Oh joy. At least the return (same day as the delivery) was hassle free. I spent a bit more and got a Japanese made precision set that I'm still using now (it doesn't show the slightest hint of wear)

Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black
Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The chimenea's back in black, 18 Oct. 2015
Very quick and easy to apply. Revived a very rusty looking chimenea back in black, almost like new. I haven't had any flaking problems, but I did thoroughly wire brush the rust off with a wire brush drill attachment first.

Baleaf Women's 3D Padded Cool Max Bicycle Underwear Shorts - Black, X-Large
Baleaf Women's 3D Padded Cool Max Bicycle Underwear Shorts - Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear the clothes you want, 18 Oct. 2015
I bought these for my sister, she sounded impressed, although she was wearing just plain shorts before and a bit of padding always helps :D

Baleaf Men's Endurance+ Swimwear Swimming Shorts Trunks Black&Grey Size XXL
Baleaf Men's Endurance+ Swimwear Swimming Shorts Trunks Black&Grey Size XXL
Offered by BaleafSports

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels good to swim and mess about in, 18 Oct. 2015
Good fit. Moves freely with the body and doesn't hold too much moisture.

Swarfega Duck Oil  Multi-purpose Service Spray 500ml
Swarfega Duck Oil Multi-purpose Service Spray 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful stuff for keeping water out and avoiding rust, 18 Oct. 2015
Good for keeping stuff lubricated and moisture free. I use it on the bike, on door locks, door hinges, padlocks - works a treat. A more effective solution to the "if it's supposed to move but doesn't" antidote, WD-40. Reach for a can of this instead, lasts longer, smells better (marginally) and lubricates better.

Swees 25600mAh Ultra High Capacity Power Bank (3 Smart Port, 4.5A Output) Portable External Battery Charger For iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy and More - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of power with auto-shut off and three connections, takes a long time to charge, 17 Oct. 2015
Works well, good capacity, although I am unsure what it is. The 25,600mAh (why not measure in watt/hour?) doesn't mean anything as that refers to the LiPo batteries inside that have a nominal terminal voltage of 3.7V @ 1 amp drain, not the 5.2V that comes out of the USB ports. I carry this in my bag to keep my iPad, iPhone and Nexus phone charged along with my bike lights. It does take a *long* time to charge, but that isn't surprising given the 2A 5V input. I have yet to try charging it via an Anker 14W solar charger, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. With these large capacities, it is about time a faster charging port was added, e.g. Firewire (12V at 5A)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20