Profile for Roland Rat > Reviews

Content by Roland Rat

Roland Rat (Sussex, England)

Soltrack Mens Stick on Soles with Glue
Soltrack Mens Stick on Soles with Glue
Offered by mega Parts

5.0 out of 5 stars Never resole a leather shoe, 3 Mar. 2015
These work just perfectly. Stick them on when the shoe is new. Replace them when they are worn out (about 3 years worth of everyday wearing) and your shoes will last until they wear out from the inside!

Collins Book of Best-Loved Verse
Collins Book of Best-Loved Verse
by Charles Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed by every educated child, 2 Jan. 2015
Should be on every child's bookshelf - and in easy reach.

Sony SBH20 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset - (Black)
Sony SBH20 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset - (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Base unit good - headphones just lamentable, 2 Jan. 2015
I wanted wires-free for both my laptop and my mobile phone. The SBH20 unit itself works as a wire-free unit over bluetooth and produces good sound with a simple single device set-up. However the supplied headphones are without doubt some of the worst headphones I have ever had and the worst product from Sony I've ever come across. Sony should really be ashamed of them. They've now been consigned to the pile of electronics requiring redistribution and I am enjoying decent sound with my trusty old headphones. Now that I've found how to set up multi-point mode (so that both phone and laptop are connected) I'm good to go.

I you have some good headphones already, this works well (with my Jolla phone too!). Just don't expect to use the headphones!

Rapid GUI Programming with Python and QT: The Definitive Guide to PyQt Programming (Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development)
by Mark Summerfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, understandable - just what is needed, 23 July 2010
A friend lent me a copy when I was looking for a quick start in Qt and Python. I read the first two chapters and was completely hooked, knowing that this was the book for me. If you are looking at building UI apps with Python this has to be the best start. Don't try piecing it together from different websites, just buy this book.

Mark is very active in the Python and QT communities and needs encouraging to keep this book up to date (afterall, new versions of QT and Python keep on emerging). The best way to encourage that is if more people buy the book!

TV and Film Toys and Ephemera (Crowood Collectors' Series)
TV and Film Toys and Ephemera (Crowood Collectors' Series)
by Arthur Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach your children what you and your parents had to play with, 18 Sept. 2007
Young people of today really don't understand what their parents and grand parents had to play with. Arthur Ward's book has to be the best introduction and reference work on toys from the 50s to the 70s; from Muffin the Mule to Buzz Lightyear. I enjoyed it as much as my daughter!