Profile for mr ian geddes > Reviews

Content by mr ian geddes

mr ian geddes

Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour [Blu-ray]
Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Madonna
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful mess, 11 Mar. 2012
I WENT TO SEE THIS CONCERT @ CARDIFF AND HAVE TO SAY AFTER THE AMAZING CONFESSIONS TOUR THIS WAS COBBLED TOGETHER VERY QUICKLY TO MAKE MORE MONEY TO LINE MADONNAS POCKETS.
HER LIP SYNCHING IS VERY OBVIOUS THROUGHOUT THIS CONCERT, ESPECIALLY WITH HER OLD MATERIAL & REMIXED HITS.
THE CONCERT HAD NO NATURAL FLOW,
THE GUITAR WAS DUSTED OFF FOR YET ANOTHER DULL ATTEMPT OF MADGE TRYING TO CONVINCE US SHE`S A SERIOUS ARTIST WHO DOESN`T JUST MIME....SHE CAN PRETEND TO PLAY INSTUMENTS TOO.
THE STAGE WS GOOD, SET LIST NOT SO.
ENOUGH ENERGY.
LOVED THE NEW LIKE A PRAYER REMIX BUT OBVIOUSLY MIMED,
ALL IN ALL V DISSAPOINTING.

Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD]
Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Madonna

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, hasn`t aged well., 28 May 2011
I had this dvd bought for me last year off Ebay, the artwork is different from the one listed here.
I notice all reviews of this dvd are terrible... Well I guess I got lucky because the copy I have is great, full menus, full 108 minute concert, great sound, great picture, great memories.
The concert as a whole hasn`t aged well, what with dodgy costumes, set and lighting, but all in all it was 1990.
I have no problems with the copy I have, but as I say, it was from Ebay.

Brothers and Sisters - Season 5 [DVD]
Brothers and Sisters - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sally Field

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be missed, 17 May 2011
With news that Brothers and Sisters has just been axed in America, Which will make season 5 the last.

This season wasnt the best, but with enough suprises and secrets to fill out another 24 episodes.

I do think producers would have found it hard to write season 6 and kept it fresh.

I have loved this series from the off, the acting and storylines often very strong and moving.

The final episode of season 5 kind of wraps everything up @ Sarahs wedding, with Nora (Sally Field) doing voice over with her words of wisdom right to the final credits.

Gone but not forgotten.

Burlesque [DVD] [2010]
Burlesque [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Cher
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awful......Avoid @ all costs., 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Burlesque [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
The people who gave this film 5 out of 5 must be Die hard Christina fans.
I was dragged to the cinema to watch this fodder, but decided I would go in with an open mind.
It was truely awful.
Christinas "acting" was worse than Madonnas,
Cher looked very uncomfortable and showed very little intrest in being there.
The film was a total waste of time and talant.
This was the beginning and end of Christinas "acting" career, she should have stuck to making music, but she hasnt done a great job of that of late.
Save your money and watch Showgirls or Coyote Ugly instead (much better).
Watch this when it gets a tv premiere and make sure your drunk when you do.... it might just be bearable under the influence.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2011 11:49 PM BST

Absolutely Fabulous - Absolutely Everything Box Set [DVD] [1992]
Absolutely Fabulous - Absolutely Everything Box Set [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars What took so long? Sweetie Darling..., 19 Oct. 2010
Being a huge Ab Fab fan I really can`t understand why it has taken soooooo long for this complete collection to be released in the UK.
I bought this whole collection from the US nearly 4 years ago, even the artwork is the same, all because The White box episode (the final) was never available in the UK, (until now).
I had all the episodes & specials, but would still recommend this complete collection to any true fan.
Although the special features are nothing new & have all been included on past dvds it is the main episodes we all know and love.
Finally available in the UK, Sit back with a glass of bolly & remember why we all fell in love with the Fabulous Edina & Patsy in the first place, Sweetie, Darling.....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2010 10:51 PM GMT

Flight 93 [2006] [DVD]
Flight 93 [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brennan Elliott
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very moving., 13 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Flight 93 [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I rented this film when it was released years ago, then just last night it premiered on C4, so I watched it again, it was still as powerful as the first time I watched it, although this a TV movie it is much, much better than the big budget version United 93.
I won`t use the word enjoyment as this is a film of real events, but I would recommend this film to anyone who is yet to see it, I know you know the ending, but the acting and tension in this film really makes you care and root for the characters.
Be warned, you will need the tissues.

A Nightmare on Elm Street [DVD] [2010]
A Nightmare on Elm Street [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Jackie Earle Haley
Offered by Love-Your-Books

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the original, 12 Sept. 2010
Although I was excited when I heard the film was remade, it only took 2 hours @ the cinema to shatter my illusions.
A much bigger budget than the first but nowhere near as scary, the cast are run of the mill, Nancy is an emo/goth? and they make Freddy (the child killer) freddy the child abuser..... I wasn`t impressed at all, it wasn``t scary, there was no tension oh and freddy himself was laughable. My advice would be, wait till this airs on tv and rent the original....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2010 9:00 PM GMT

Bionic
Bionic
Offered by mrtopseller

1.0 out of 5 stars WASHED UP HAS BEEN, UTTER CAR CRASH, 28 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
OK, Here goes,
I have never really been a fan of Miss Aguilera, but I must admit in her ten year career, she has had one or two hit`s that I can listen too without making my ears bleed.

My partner adores her, (biast) and couldn`t wait for the release of this album. However, even he was shocked at how shoddy, slap happy and down right lazy the tracks were.

Bionic, title track sounds like a tune that should be played in a pound shop or blasted out of an ice cream van`s speakers, The less said about not myself tonight the better, (Gaga, Madonna and a touch of nothing new), even the ballads she clearly had high hopes for, You lost me, charted outside the billboard top 200 in usa, she just thinks she can flash her boobs and booty and she has a hit on her hands...WRONG,

This album is exactly what she deserved, a major flop, I can only hope her acting debut(lol) in Burlesque will only go the same way.....AWAY.

This is the slap in the face she has had coming to her since she started screaming on, I mean singing about her abusive dad and her alcoholic mom, get over yourself floptina, your nothing special, you had your day (10 years ago) now go get a job flipping burgers or dancing round a pole to your own music in a men`s club..

Avoid this at all costs, Oh and the cd I bought my partner, well after I had used it as a drinks coaster and an ashtray, I threw it in a charity shop doorway, needless to say it`s still there.... Be warned....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2010 5:27 AM BST

Bryan Adams -Can'T Stop This Thing [DVD] [2010]
Bryan Adams -Can'T Stop This Thing [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Bryan Adams

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE.... TERRIBLE QUALITY, 18 Aug. 2010
I BOUGHT THIS FOR A GIFT FOR MY DAD,
HE SAID THE DVD WAS BEYOND UNOFFICIAL, BAD QUALITY, EXTREMLY BAD SOUND, RANDOM PERFORMANCES, NO EXTRAS IN FACT NO INFORMATION AT ALL,
THE DVD SAYS NOTHING ABOUT WHEN AND WHERE THE DVD SEGMENTS WERE RECORDED. (SOMEONES HOME CAMCORDED I CAN ONLY ASSUME),
STEER CLEAR OF THIS DVD AND STICK WITH OFFICIAL DVD RELEASES SUCH AS PAST CONCERTS AND VIDEO COLLECTIONS.
THIS DVD IS NOT ONLY OVER PRICED, SLOPPY, UNOFFICIAL, TERRIBLE QUALITY AND EMBARRASSING, IT`S A TOTAL DISSPOINTMENT.