Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for A. Sanders > Reviews

Content by A. Sanders

A. Sanders (England)

Cheeky Mama Bamboo Minkee Cloth Washable Sanitary Pads Towels - 5 pack
Cheeky Mama Bamboo Minkee Cloth Washable Sanitary Pads Towels - 5 pack
Offered by Cheeky Wipes

4.0 out of 5 stars I was quite happy to start the switch to cloth pads, 1 Sept. 2014
I was quite happy to start the switch to cloth pads. It was mostly the cost that convinced me. I think it's ridiculous how much we have to spend each month on disposable sanitary products. But I am also pretty keen on being eco friendly and on using natural products. As the years have gone by, my skin has become increasingly sensitive to perfumed products, chemicals and synthetic materials to such a degree that I no longer find the disposable products (of any brand!) particularly comfortable.

I found this particular product to work pretty well as my first encounter with cloth pads. They are extremely absorbent and I found no issues with leaking. They are also very comfortable. They do move around a little Which concerned me at first as I expected them to migrate in such a way as to lead to leaks but this didn't happen. I imagine the amount of movement you experience would depend on your choice of underwear. I have since read that some people choose to secure the front of the pad with a small safety pin but the thought of that concerns me :/ .

I would highly recommend rinsing the cloths asap and leaving to soak before you do a load of laundry. The reason for the four stars is that there was some staining even after soaking prior to washing in a machine. I am trying to find a good stain treatment for use in the future and I have found that although peroxide is highly recommended for this particular type of staining, it can bleach the colour of your pads and make them look worn out. I am yet to try stain remover, but the next most recommended product is oxygen based cleaners such as the 'oxyclean' brand.

Nemesis Now Angel of Death Decoration Article black
Nemesis Now Angel of Death Decoration Article black
Offered by FHFY

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Feb. 2014
I had my doubts about ordering a resin model but this is excellent quality and is such an impressive piece. I love it :)

iPod nano 7G Case - Tough Elegant Flip Protective Case Cover, Matte Faux Leather Style in PU / Pleather. iPod nano 7th generation case cover - Black by Proporta
Offered by Proporta

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 15 Feb. 2014
Fantastic product. Can't really fault it! Very soft faux leather effect. Good quality stitching (I hate it when there are little tufts that are bound to come undone!) Case is sturdy and yet flexible at the hinge portion. Magnetic flap to hold the case together. Whole case is still easy to fit inside jeans pocket. Also very pleased that when headphones are plugged in, the case will still open easily to change the track etc. I feared that the wire would stop the case from opening. Ipod clips very easily into the case (start with the side with the volume button!) and is held securely. If I had to pick a fault, it would be that the side volume bar is not so easily accessible within the case, especially when the case is shut. But it comes with a lifetime guarantee and all in all, is a pretty impressive product for this price :) Very happy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as it says on the tin, 3 Dec. 2013
I had a bit of trouble finding the right colour on the colour selector as all the images were of a pink shirt! But apart from that, the company replied right away to my custom request email, the item was made and sent very quickly and arrived just as i had described it. Brilliant quality and value for money. Not had chance to wash it yet so the jury is out on the print surviving in the washing machine!

Magical Messages From The Fairies Oracle Cards (Card Deck & Guidebook)
Magical Messages From The Fairies Oracle Cards (Card Deck & Guidebook)
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars Too specific?, 10 May 2013
I brought this deck as a gift for a friend who has never owned or used an oracle/tarot deck before. I now have several decks of my own and this friend has had readings from me over the years.
With that in mind, I opted for this deck for it's cheerful and light-hearted art work - I find that the more serious decks can be intimidating for new readers. I own another Doreen Virtue deck - healing with the fairies - which was a gift to me and I have always loved that deck and had very good readings with it.
Therefore I knew from experience that Virtues decks are very easy to use. I was hoping that these would be even more easy to use as they have actual phrases written on the cards and can be used without the accompanying book. This is true - it is very easy to grasp the meaning of the cards.
However, I find that the specific meaning of the cards really limits some of the interpretations! I chose an oracle deck over a tarot deck because on whole, the meanings are far less metaphorical. But some of the cards in this deck I find to be far too much of the opposite and completely literal. Such as the 'Daughter' card which suggests that your daughter is the answer. But what if you have no daughter?! Or any children at all? There is a 'Son' card also in the deck, but honestly - I felt that these were far too narrow a description to assign a whole card to. 'Parent-child relations' would have been a better idea in my opinion.
But nevertheless, a lot of work with oracle and tarot cards IS interpreting on a broader scale than what is initially offered so it doesn't detract too much from the deck.
The artwork isn't as nice as with the healing with the faries deck either in my opinion, and the phrases on the cards (which led me to choose this deck for my friend) reduces the overall image size.
But the back of the cards are gorgeous and the edges are gilded which adds a lovely sparkle to the whole deck. It did causes the whole deck to stick together though! I had to carefully pry apart each card to separate out the deck. That was probably as it was brought new, but I like to buy new decks! So be careful when opening them, you wouldn't want to miss any cards! Check with the guidebook to make sure you have them all and none are still stuck together.
On the whole, the deck still resonates the meaningful and positive messages from Doreen Virtue that I loved with my previous deck and it is very attractive. I still think it was a good choice as a beginners deck.

Sink Turbo/Sink Snake - fast way toclear blocked drinns in kitchen, Bathroom Sinks, Basins, Baths and Showers

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd invested more money!, 14 Jan. 2012
This product is completely pointless. It literally consists of velcro, poorly attatched to a flexible platic wire. The head nearly came off before I even got it into the sink. Then, after putting the head inside, the velcro tip fell off, further blocking my sink and I have not been able to get it out. Now I need to dismantle my sink to retrieve the head and do the job properly. More grief than it was worth. Save your money and craft your own tool! It will be better use than this. Or invest a few extra pounds in something that actually works.

Incense And Cone Holder Brass ( H 6cm)
Incense And Cone Holder Brass ( H 6cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars incense burner, 7 Oct. 2008
this is a sturdy, well made brass product. It has a very attractive design and sleek shape. However I would estimate that it can only hold between 5-10g of loose incense. I would have hoped for a little more space inside the burner.

The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Interpret the Cards That Hold Your Future
The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Interpret the Cards That Hold Your Future
by Skye Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful beginners guide, 7 Oct. 2008
This book is a wonderful introduction to the tarot. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is buying their first guide. The book works with the traditional `Rider-Waite' tarot deck (the traditional deck) and so you may find your own personal deck may not relate exactly to the images as there are so many to choose from these days. However, the way this book is written you can adapt it and use your own interpretatiions and get just as much out of it. I myself, now have a 'Fey' tarot (fairy tarot) which is based on the Waite deck. The book is just as helpful in this case though.
Not only is this book a guide, but it also tells you the brief history of the tarot.
The book then separates the tarot into the Major and Minor Arcana. It covers a wide angle of uses; including everyday uses, working through specific issues and improving your own intuition of the cards.
The book then goes into interpretations of the court cards and the meanings behind the numerical ordering. It also breaks down the suits in the Minor Arcana. Not only this, but it then gives details about the colours, shapes and symbols used and leaves room for personal influence and interpretations.
There are also some useful tips and tricks such as; how to choose the right deck for you, using more than one deck (one for personal use, another for training/other peoples readings), handling the cards and blessing and purifying.
Then we are given ways to improve our bond with the cards and how to get more out of them. We have exercises to help open our perception of the cards.
There is then a large section of the book that goes into specific detail about each individual card in the 78 card tarot deck, including both upright and reversed positions.
The last main section of the book is simply titled `seven important spreads' which is self explanatory. This includes both very basic and complex spreads but all include a guide to reading them.
I have only had this book a couple of days but already, I can hardly put it down. It is definitely a wonderful choice to `get your foot in the door' and for this price, you can afford to be wrong!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2017 12:33 AM GMT