Profile for slug78 > Reviews

Content by slug78

slug78 (Merthyr Tydfil)

Betron KBS08 Wireless Portable Travel Bluetooth Speaker Black
Betron KBS08 Wireless Portable Travel Bluetooth Speaker Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for my budget., 16 Jun. 2017
Excellent value. Great sound. I use mine in the car bluetoothed to my phone's Spotify because my car speakers are broken and it does just the job. I also use on camping trips too. Sound is perfect with surprisingly great bass and the battery lasts for ages too.
Well happy.

Marvelous for the price.

Fireman Sam Brave Childrens Toddler Junior Cot bed, Boys, Red
Fireman Sam Brave Childrens Toddler Junior Cot bed, Boys, Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put together., 15 Nov. 2016
Impossible to put together on your own and a complete struggle with 2 people too.... I'm sure that the pieces aren't cut and made to the right size. We've followed and scrutinised the instructions but it just doesn't work.

Poorly made.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for her...., 13 Jan. 2015
It didn't do anything for me...... but the Mrs loved it!!!!!! So job done :)

More than Football in the Blood
More than Football in the Blood
by Chris Todd

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddy's kind nature shines through..., 19 May 2014
A great read about a great guy... Chris is such a strong person and a remarkable gentleman who I've had the pleasure of meeting. He used to play football for Torquay who are the team I support, and when a friend of mine signed for Newport County Chris had moved there the same time too. My friend organised it for Chris to sign a shirt of mine but instead Chris unselfishly gave me the shirt he actually wore at Wembley a few years earlier signed by the whole Torquay squad from that day!!! Amazing kindness. So when this book came out I couldn't wait to read it and it didn't disappoint either...
It reads nicely in a diary form and leads you through the times of him finding out about his illness and how he coped and battled with it. It also shows the non footballing of him side too, the family man who had to be there for them as much as he had to battle for his self. The true character of Toddy shines through in this book and will leave you filled with emotion after reading.
Football fan or not, this is great read for any bookworm out there.
A real must..
Well done Chris.

Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Craig T Nelson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars They're here........., 22 May 2012
When can I start?
I ordered this film on the fact that my girlfriend hadn't seen it and I hadn't watched it for years, and when it arrived I must admit I was quite a bit worried that the film may have become a tad dated, but thankfully that wasn't to be.
Immediately as the film starts you grow to like the family, especially the main character Carol Anne (Heather O'Rourke), a pretty, sweet, angelic girl who has that lovable 'aaawww' factor. So when her pet bird dies and things start to take a turn for the worse in the household you are instantly enthralled as to what will happen to your new friends, the perfect American family.
At first its fun, the mother (portrayed excellently by Jo Beth Williams) uses this new force as a kind of game, but when she shows the father (Craig T Nelson) the goings on in the kitchen he becomes quite the sceptic, and that's when it starts to go downhill. Objects are moving around, strange vibrations in the house, and it seems that the target of the spirit is poor, little Carol Anne.
Psychic are called in to record the goings on which leads to the introduction of the eccentric Tangina (Zelda Rubinstein), but I'll say no more of her, you'll just have to watch the film.
So, without going through the whole order of the film and making this seem like a synopsis rather than a review, I'd like to point out that this movie has it all. A touch of humour (typical Spielberg), a lot of thriller and a little bit of charm. It's scary at parts and can be a little unnerving at others, which is all down to great performances from the whole cast. Each actor/actress plays their role superbly, including the brilliant Beatrice Straight as one of the psychic investigators, and its a classic case of 'You couldn't think of anyone else to play that part...'. They all make their stamp on the film and mould each character as their own.
This film is a must for any horror/thriller fan, old or new. If you're a budding Wes Craven or del Toro and would like to see how director Tobe Hooper done it to perfection with a budget that was smaller than the role of Carol Anne's canary, then this is the one to watch. It's up there with my favourite films so if you're an Elm Street or Entity fan then buy this.
You will not be let down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2015 11:04 AM BST

Park Bench Theories
Park Bench Theories
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this album been all my life??, 15 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
10/10. Amazing album.
I fortunately came across this album whilst browsing on itunes and sampled a few tracks. After 3 songs I was smitten so ordered it straight away..
If ur a lover of the James crowd (Blunt, Morrison) then buy this!! It's mixed with subtle tunes, catchy chorus's and heartwarming lyrics that get you right from track one.
I'm a massive singer/songwriter fan and this guy ranks up there with the best... like I mentioned earlier, there are soft hints of Morrison and Blunt, with a twist of Ray Lamontagne, mixed in with the writing qualities of Glen Hansard.
With these ingredients, the mixture is a cocktail of pure bliss to the ears, so I recommend you to buy the cd, sit down, put your feet up with your headphones on and forget the world for a moment because Jamie Scott will take you to music's very own Wonderland.