Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 501

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lego Jurassic World (Xbox One)
Lego Jurassic World (Xbox One)

4.0 out of 5 stars I had a lot of fun with this, 5 July 2015
OK, with lego you tend to either be a huge fan or someone who hates it and whilst I’m the former, I have to say that I do expect a lot from each of the outings to make it not only fun but also something that entertains me as an adult.

This time we embark into the world of the Jurassic films and to be honest I’ve had a hell of a good time. There’s something extremely rewarding about smashing lego bricks with either a car or with a dinosaur. Yep, you read that right, smashing the hell out of stuff with Dino charges or stomps. It’s a great lot of fun and when you throw Lego humour into the mix all round generates something that will entertain for quite some time. All round a wonderful piece of fun that has a lot going for it and a lot of replay value as you return to freeplay levels to get the maximum points and of course picking up all the bonus’ that you couldn’t without some additional characters. Great fun.

Aliens Egg Bank
Aliens Egg Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking item for the Alien fan, 5 July 2015
This review is from: Aliens Egg Bank (Toy)
OK, this is a vinyl money box and for me is something that I've had quite a bit of fun. Firstly it looks the business and with the additon of being able to stash a bit of cash within (although I don't think it'll take a 50p piece as the cash slot is quite discreet) works wonderfully well as a set piece around my Alien and Predator funko pop vinyls.

Its definitely fun, it is a great thing for any Alien fan and when you throw into the mix the chance to keep putting some money aside all round makes this a fun item. Great stuff.

Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown
Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition for any make up box., 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This eyebrow pencil is a delight (according to my other half.) She loves the feel of it as she applied it and with the bonus of having oils that help promote hair growth also is a solid bonus. Add to this a shaper on the other end and all round its a solid product for a good price. Whilst this is at not an expensive pencil it is one that will be an essential add to your make up box. Great stuff.

Oral-B Stages Power Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Featuring Disney Mickey Mouse for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Getting a youngster to brush thier teeth has always been a hard task to manage and whilst you can inform them of what will happen if they don't they rarely listen until things get too far and too late.

What this brush from Oral B does is bring fun to cleaning your teeth with it playing music as you brush to hit your maximum brush time with soft bristles to make sure it does a great clean without risking any other damage (something some adult brushes could do with to be honest.) Its fun, its bright and all round a decent charge on a product that will allow them to keep brushing for five days with one charge (cleaning twice a day).

All round I'm very happy with this product and whilst some may wonder why you spend £20 oin a childs toothbrush, giving them great teeth and a good start is something that once ingrained will be a habit kept for life and hopefully prevent them from having too many trips to the dentist in future.

The Hunter's Kind: Book II of The Hollow Gods
The Hunter's Kind: Book II of The Hollow Gods

4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Part tale well worth the read, 4 July 2015
OK, this is the second book in the series and whilst I haven’t read the first (a problem I will correct soon) I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I loved the way that the author brought the principle characters across, wove a rich tapestry of a world and then populated it with cultures that made this book pretty unique in its own right.

Told from multiple points of view the tale generates such complexity within that you can’t help but take notes to make sure that you don’t miss anything. Back this all up with solid prose, good dialogue and of course an overall arc that just keeps giving to the reader and you know that it’s a series that really does beg to be read by a great many. Absolutely cracking.

Darkhaven
Darkhaven

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 4 July 2015
This review is from: Darkhaven (Kindle Edition)
A novel that introduces readers to not only a world of wonder but full of dark intrigue, murder and mystery as events unfurl that throws a city out of balance. Its definitely a book that thoroughly captivated me which when added to solid prose alongside an arc that has a lot of room to grow for future outings, all round gives the reader a thoroughly enjoyable read.

All round whilst this is my first read of Smith’s writing I really can’t wait to embark on other outings as it’s not only friendly but a style that is so engaging you’ll eagerly await the next time that you pick it up for your next read. Cracking.

The Blood Curse (The Cursed Kingdoms Trilogy Book 3)
The Blood Curse (The Cursed Kingdoms Trilogy Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to reread the whole series, 4 July 2015
A return to a fantasy world that is not only imaginative but one that grows with each outing. Its definitely a world that readers want to not only get lost in but enjoy spending time within as its full of vivid colours, a kickass over arc and one that’s also backed with a writing style that for me is identifiable as characters fight foes without alongside within as emotions war with duties.

The book is full realised and when the reader adds cracking prose alongside dialogue that really helps the characters become fully realised within the mind all round generates a book that has such a strong cast both major and minor. All round a magical read and one that whilst authors hate to hear, was one I just devoured as I couldn’t allow it to rest. I can’t wait for a whole series reread.

Way Down Dark: Australia Book 1
Way Down Dark: Australia Book 1
by James P. Smythe

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Idea, 4 July 2015
When an author has written adult fiction prior to attempting a young adult book, there are a fair number of itmes that they cannot translate the work so that it has not only a solid storyline but also allows readers to stay not only gripped to the twists and turns but presents it in such a way that it has enough detail to keep you informed without overstocking it to interrupt the storytelling.

What the author does exceptionally well is this title is bringing their protagonist across to the reader, she’s smart, she’s savvy and when you have it all thrown into a rather small world of a spaceship really helps give the readers a claustrophobic cramped feeling that demonstrates that no matter how far you try to run, sometimes its not just enough.

All round, the book was one that I had a lot of time for. I loved the descriptions, the prose and of course the plot weaving that worked exceptionally well for me. Back this up that it not only will please YA readers but a good few adults and for me, that’s the sign of an author with not only a cracking idea but one that translates for readers of all ages.

Philips Sonicare HX8911/04 Healthy White Plus Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX8911/04 Healthy White Plus Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush

1.0 out of 5 stars Overly priced and sadly not as good as cheaper brushes, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I always do my best to look after myself and when I get the chance to try a new product that I think will not only improve my smile but my oral health I'm willing to give it a go. Here, this new toothbrush gives you a olid enough clean but for me, the major problem is that the bristles dont turn and just vibrate. I feel that personally it doesn't give you such a good clean as other brushes who do rotate.

The product is OK but the price is way too much for what it does and whilst others may think its the better brush, my own dentist really doesn't recmmend it due to the lack of what he calls proper brushing action from this product. A great shame all round

Into The Fire
Into The Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't let go until final page turned, 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Into The Fire (Kindle Edition)
Ah Manda Scott, an historical author who not only always finds a way to keep me glued but presents tales in a way that very few others seem to be able to do so. Here, within this book is a tale told from two points of view, the rich world of modern day Orleans with the time of Joan of Arc

Its definitely a richly woven story and when added to her cracking prose as well as characters you want to spend time around generates a book that really won’t let you go until the final page is turned.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20