Profile for Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog > Reviews

Content by Gareth Wilson ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 481

Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata Times Blog"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Operation Arcana
Operation Arcana

4.0 out of 5 stars Military fantasy a joy to read, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Operation Arcana (Kindle Edition)
Ah a book that brings not only high octane action but cracking short stories that will keep the reader glued as military and fantasy collide on an epic scale through a great many imaginations. Its definitely quirky, has some top notch options and when added to easy to dip into worlds gives the reader a whole host of tales that will make them think as well as giving them the chance to try new authors.

All round a book that was a thorough joy to read and when I’ve also managed to add some additional names to my TBR list gives me something that was a gift beyond words. Magic.

Prison of Hope (The Hellequin Chronicles)
Prison of Hope (The Hellequin Chronicles)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Whole ton of fun for readers, 17 April 2015
The latest Hellequin title from Steve McHugh and one I’ve been waiting for for quite some time. It hits with all the power of the other books and brings our principle hero to the fore against the very gods (and titans) themselves as he seeks to avert chaos in all its natural glory.

Tis definitely something novel, has a great number of twists to the plot and when given the reader will find them glued to the pages for the infamous “One more Chapter” before bed line. (Alas my “One More Chapter” turned into a very long night (or rather it felt quite short,) with me turning the final page as the birds began to sing.

All round a magical outing and one that really leaves me singing the authors praises. Cracking.

Guardians of The Galaxy Electronic Dancing Groot
Guardians of The Galaxy Electronic Dancing Groot
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but expensive., 16 April 2015
I saw this item on a review site and was shocked at how awful it looked !!! but when he did arrive i was happy to see the reviewer hadn't really given him a worthy review, so here is mine. He is cute and does dance to the jacksons song, sadly tho the arms don't move just the body in the same way everytime. He will dance to noises and your music, again it's just the same style of dance a kinda circular motion with his hips..he's good for a collector but a little bit too expensive in my opinion for just a novelty gift. cute but expensive.

Classic Cat Litter Tray
Classic Cat Litter Tray
Offered by Merlins Pet Stores Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Classic Cat Litter Tray (Misc.)
good sized litter with a sturdy feel to it but the top wouldn't stay on..on closer inspection the litter had a slight dip not sure if that was a mistake or not, so the lip didn't click on. so it wasn't fit for purpose and I had to go out and buy another. not impressed.

XLS Medical Max Strength Diet Pills for Weight Loss - Pack of 120
XLS Medical Max Strength Diet Pills for Weight Loss - Pack of 120

2.0 out of 5 stars no way never again!!!!!, 16 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this was my first time with slimming pills, but being offered them on vine I decided to take a chance. I did think their price was pretty steep compared to some other brands and wasn't sure I could afford two more packets from My own pocket to see the three month results. so I have given it a go, and am now stopping. I have been ill since being on this, it has given me IBS symptons, I daren't eat because once I do I can be up all night on the loo (on average 5 times from 8pm -2am). this isn't a diet that is compatable with a busy life. I haven't had the wind issue as such just feel sick and bloated all the time. personally I would suggest just do a normal diet cut down on bad food (hhehehe) and eat good food boring I know but believe Me is a great alternative to being glued to the loo!!!!

Clearblue Plus Visual Pregnancy Test Sticks 2 Pack
Clearblue Plus Visual Pregnancy Test Sticks 2 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars fine., 11 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked this test as there is an area to hold it bigger than any others I have tried. The absortion area is much bigger too, and goes pink to show you have enough of a sample on it. it has a basic test result look, and on that point I much prefer the word one. it's better than some tho so I would say I would ues this item again.

The Furchester Hotel Elmo Jumbo Plush Toy
The Furchester Hotel Elmo Jumbo Plush Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 11 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I grew up on Sesame Street and whilst Elmo was well past my time, my niece absolutely loves him. So when I had the chance to get a 20 Inch plush Elmo, I couldn't wait to get him.

He's squishy, cuddly and of course has great monster "fur" that will give your child the chance to feel how plush he is. He looks very similar to the TV one and when added to the fact that he's well made all round gives you a toy that they'll have a lot of fun with.

Fish Tails
Fish Tails

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty dire to be honest, 7 April 2015
This review is from: Fish Tails (Kindle Edition)
The latest outing for a number of characters from previous tales and sadly for me, one that left me feeling pretty flat as I felt that a lot of potential wasn’t met within. The prose was flat, the pace missing and overall when you add characters that felt more like bare bones than what has gone before, all round left me feeling very disappointed. If you feel the need to read this, then I suggest borrowing from your library or waiting until it hits the cheap book shops.

Glorious Angels
Glorious Angels

4.0 out of 5 stars Justina is just magic, 7 April 2015
This review is from: Glorious Angels (Kindle Edition)
I’ve been a fan of Justina since I read her Quantum Gravity series which was not only slick but well thought out with some cracking characters and of course a real kickass plot. So that’s pretty much what I expected from this, her brand new novel.

What unfurls within is a book that has a cracking overall arc, a solid plotline and whilst I was more than surprised with the opening sequences (oh my, so much sex), overall the book worked very well on the whole. As expected the pace was decent, the characters (whilst they took a while to get used to) became friends and overall, I was left wanting more. I really can’t wait to see what Justina hits with on the second title in this series.

Before He Finds Her
Before He Finds Her

3.0 out of 5 stars Middle of the road, 7 April 2015
I do love some time with a cracking crime thriller and whilst some titles can be hit or miss, this one at the completion of the read, left me feeling meh!. It was a title that was an OK read but it really didn’t deliver much for me as a reader, yes I liked the concept, yes I liked some of the characters, however the book’s pace sadly didn’t do much for me. I found it a lacklustre and when added to an overall plot that really didn’t deliver (in much the same way that some films have a way better trailer than the actual product) all round left me feeling that it’s a middle of the road book. Sadly, I’d recommend borrowing this from your local library, however if you’re at a loss for something to do, there are worse titles out there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20