Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for @tourwinner > Reviews

Content by @tourwinner

@tourwinner

There Are Other Rivers
There Are Other Rivers

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps you to read more into your own 'routine'!, 31 May 2012
I got this book as a Kindle download. It took me a few chapters to 'get' the format of the writing and what Alastair was trying to achieve with the book. Once I did, wow!! I genuinely couldn't stop reading. The short, snappy chapters keep interest and all convey a different, concise message to the reader. I was through the whole thing in a couple of hours!

Having completed a few smaller scale adventures of my own, many of the thoughts and feelings Alastair communicates in the book make perfect sense to me. They have helped me to understand, just a little, my own thoughts and feelings.

A great way to spend an evening!

A Dip in the Ocean: Rowing Solo Across the Indian
A Dip in the Ocean: Rowing Solo Across the Indian
by Sarah Outen

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!!, 27 Nov. 2011
I've been following Sarah's current adventure and was told about this book - thoroughly enjoyed it! It's a mix of self doubt, self belief, fear, determination, and awe-inspiring effort. If you are looking for a read that is well written and inspirational, you've just found it! Brilliant! Five stars

The Man Who Cycled the Americas
The Man Who Cycled the Americas
by Mark Beaumont

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!!!, 23 May 2011
Mark's book is a worthy successor to his first, 'The Man Who Cycled the World'. I have read both books over the past year whilst looking for inspiration for completng my 7 day LEJOG this summer.

I found both books to be extremely well written, detailed without 'going on', and clearly recording the journey as it unfolded. Mark's thoughts and feelings are portrayed in a way that allows anyone with some experience of pushing themselves to fully engage with.

I pre-ordered this book a couple of months ago and kind of forgot about it! It arrived on my doormat last week and I had read it in 4 evenings! I really couldn't put it down! I even cut short my 20+ mile bike-commute home to get back into it!

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to enjoy a vivid and truthful account of an awesome journey!

Just get on and read it! Five stars! Full marks (I am a teacher afterall!)