Profile for Nannykins > Reviews

Content by Nannykins

Nannykins (Abergavenny)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
New Gentle Grip Ladies Diabetic Sock with Honey Comb Top Hand linked Toe Seam "UK Size 4-8 Eur 37-42" (Mega_Jumble) (Pack of 3, Grey & Blues)
Offered by Mega_Jumblesale

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad she did, 16 May 2017
Fed up with swollen feet and a tight circle of sock cuff marks above my ankles, a friend told me about these socks. I'm so glad she did! I can wear these socks all day as they're so comfortable with absolutely no constricting cuff stopping my circulation. The difference is amazing and I will never go back to wearing "normal" socks. I don't have diabetes so I'd recommend these socks to anyone who finds the cuff of socks leaving an imprint after wear.

Lesser & Pavey Gustav Klimt Lady Tray, Yellow/Orange,  Small
Lesser & Pavey Gustav Klimt Lady Tray, Yellow/Orange, Small
Offered by Chic Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Tray with Beautiful Print., 16 May 2017
Needed a new little tray - love Gustav Klimt so a no brainer. This tray is small enough to be useful for so many things - carrying a mug of tea and some biscuits out into the garden, keeping all my earrings in one place, displaying all my nail varnishes so the colour can be seen immediately and I also use one to keep all my spare change and keys on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2017 1:25 AM BST

Amberta 925 Sterling Silver 1.3 mm Curb Chain Necklace Length 28" inch / 70 cm (28)
Offered by Amberta

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect., 16 May 2017
This lovely silver chain was purchased after a visit to a local jewellery shop, only to be told a 28" chain would have to be sent for, would take a week to arrive and cost more than normal because of the postage costs involved. This chain, exactly what I needed, arrived two days after ordering. It was securely packed with very little waste of paper and I'm really pleased with it. I will definitely be re-ordering with confidence from this company for any more chains I need, whatever the length! Thank you Amberta.

Sunflowers Small Melamine Snack Crumb Tray Leonardo
Sunflowers Small Melamine Snack Crumb Tray Leonardo

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful little tray, 3 May 2017
Just what I needed to replace a broken one I'd had for years. I'm a bit confused to read on the bottom that food should not be placed directly onto this tray as I'm old enough to remember when it was chic to have a complete melamine dining service, complete with dinner plates, soup bowls, side plates and cups and saucers and I certainly can not recall anyone dying of melamine poisoning! What is going on? Apart from that, this is ideal to carry a mug of cocoa and a couple of biscuits up to bed each night - not too heavy but sturdy enough for the job.

Dragonfly Moon Mandala Art 2 Sided Circle Window Sticker
Dragonfly Moon Mandala Art 2 Sided Circle Window Sticker

5.0 out of 5 stars really pretty especially when the sun shines through the window on ..., 7 April 2017
Really, really pretty especially when the sun shines through the window on which it's placed.

white craft peel offs, dragonfly design theme stickers on sheet, peel off stickers for arts and crafts
Offered by wonky dragon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described - a sheet of the word "congratulations" ..., 7 April 2017
Not as described - a sheet of the word "congratulations" stickers arrived and not the sheet of dragonfly stickers I had ordered.

Shark Showing Razor Teeth Kids Boy Girl Cotton Short White Sleeve T-Shirt - Size 5 - 6 Years
Offered by Snuggle

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job., 7 April 2017
The small child for whom this was purchased, absolutely loved this t.shirt as he's "into" sharks in a big way. Most of the other t.shirts in his age range only depicted cartoon sharks which wouldn't have gone down well at all. The t.shirt arrived promptly and packaged in a small padded envelope which saved wasting paper. Well Done.

The Airman and the Carpenter: The Lindbergh Kidnapping and the Framing of Richard Hauptmann
by Ludovic Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Miscarriage of Justice, 7 Feb. 2017
I've had my copy of this book for 30 years and it one of the very few (from a large eclectic collection) I would rescue should my house be on fire. The toddler son of pioneer aviator Charles Lindburgh goes missing from his cot one night and the hunt is on to find the boy and the person responsible for his disappearance. What follows is a blatant attempt by the police to frame Bruno Richard Hauptmann, an illegal immigrant, who years previous, had robbed a woman in his native Germany in order to provide food for his family. They, the police, go to extreme measure to get "proof" to fit their theory of guilt, including paying an almost blind witness, who cannot tell the difference between a hat and a vase of flowers on a desk five feet in front of him, to state they could identify Hauptmann at 60yards to manually altering work and time sheets. Because Lindbergh was such a national hero at the time, he was given almost carte blanche to conduct the investigation himself and to bring in his own paid "Go-Between" to negotiate with the kidnappers. When the body of the toddler is found, the police, and Lindbergh, almost appear to double their efforts to convict Hauptman, lowering shelves in his closest so the box of ransom money would fit and ignoring anyone who could provide an alibi for him. This well written and chronologically correct book is a masterpiece of exposing a massive miscarriage of justice and leaves nothing out, including the haunting moments when Hauptmann is prepared three times for his death in the electric chair and the twice he is returned to his cell. So vivid is the coverage of Hauptmanns end, I sob every time I read it, especially as I know this man was used by the police as the biggest scape-goat of all time - Lindbergh was a super-hero, so justice must be seen to be done. And poor Mr Hauptmann fitted the bill, especially with the anti German feeling at the time in America. Once you start reading this book, you'll find it extremely hard to put down and even when you reach the last page you'll want to re-read to check it all really happened!

Universal Yellow Bedside Locker Waste Bags, 29 x 42 cm, Pack of 50
Universal Yellow Bedside Locker Waste Bags, 29 x 42 cm, Pack of 50
Offered by Nutwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, simple idea., 7 Feb. 2017
Discovered these bags whilst in hospital and tried to locate them in local shops. But the sales assistants had no clue what I was on about unless they'd been in hospital too! So went on-line where I found them straight away! I have two on my telephone table next to my armchair, one for rubbish and the other for recycle paper and plastic bottles. This makes it easier and quicker than sticking it all in a rubbish bin (which is lined with a plastic bag anyway!) and sorting later, and as the bags come complete with a sticky tape, I no longer need to find the roll of tape, or find the end of the roll. Altogether a brilliant product and I will certainly be ordering more when needed.

HomySnug Salt and Pepper Grinder Set - Stainless Steel Pepper Shaker & Spice Mill with Adjustable Coarseness, Set of 2
Offered by HomySnug Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitchen equipment, 1 Feb. 2017
Arrived before expected delivery date which was a pleasant surprise. Contents were well packed with minimal waste of packaging which other suppliers could take note of! The salt and pepper grinders looked enormous against my other set, but at least they wont need constant re-filling! They are easy to fill and it's easy to change the size of the milled contents. I would have given this product five stars but, in all honesty, they don't look very graceful on a dinner table, but they are absolutely perfect for the kitchen whilst cooking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10