Profile for R. N. Wilson > Reviews

Content by R. N. Wilson

R. N. Wilson "robinwilson" (Audlem, Cheshire,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Yes Minister Miscellany
The Yes Minister Miscellany
by Anthony Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 17 Nov. 2015
I loved this book - it had me quietly chuckling from start to end. Nice to read, and savour (again!) the momentous speeches from Sir Humphrey and the wry asides of Bernard. What a great trio of actors the protagonists were!

Its Only Rock N Roll
Its Only Rock N Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb voice!, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Its Only Rock N Roll (Audio CD)
If the price were substantially reduced from £150+, I would buy it like a shot. One of the most underrated singers of the 60s!

You Win Again
You Win Again

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: You Win Again (MP3 Download)
Their best track - ??!!

For Always
For Always

1.0 out of 5 stars Track listing, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: For Always (Audio CD)
I love Adam Faith's music, and would like to know what is on this CD - without a track listing, there is no chance!

Shadows Vocals
Shadows Vocals
Offered by Japan-Select

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadows Vocals, 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Shadows Vocals (Audio CD)
I am delighted to have this CD - I always thought the Shads' vocal tracks were much underrated. The notes with the CD do not refer to no 14 "Stay Around" and no 15 "One Way To Love" - I wonder why they were omitted? "One Way to Love" sounds very Searchers-ish to me!

Meet Glen Campbell
Meet Glen Campbell
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Glen, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Meet Glen Campbell (Audio CD)
A great album - bought it without the Bonus tracks - we have heard them "so many times before"! It gets better with each playing!

The Very Best Of Adam Faith
The Very Best Of Adam Faith
Offered by Special Interests

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Adam, 2 Dec. 2014
Good old Adam!! - my sister loved him at first ("What Do You Want?", "Poor Me" etc. etc.), and I took over, "Walking Tall", "The First Time", "We Are In Love", "Message To Martha", "Hand Me Down Things", "I Can't Think Of Anyone Else" & "Cheryl's Goin' Home" , eventually leading up to the heights of"Cowman, Milk Your Cow" (written by the Bee Gees, no less),. and all other similar gems - joking apart, there is some great music here - what a collection!!

Nutbush City Limits
Nutbush City Limits

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Nutbush City Limits (MP3 Download)
Just FANTASTIC music!!

The Definitive Simon & Garfunkel
The Definitive Simon & Garfunkel
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Sound Of My Youth", 25 Aug. 2014
The sound of my early and late 20's - superb! The tracks were personally selected by Art Garfunkel, and I was delighted to hear the less well known tracks, "Wednesday Morning, 3 am", "Kathy's Song", "For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her", "Seven O'clock News", "At The Zoo", "Old Friends". A great collection! It should have included "Seven O'clock News/Silent Night" and "A Hazy Shade of Winter" as well!

I think of you - The complete recordings
I think of you - The complete recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars This is really "The Best Of..."!!, 10 Aug. 2014
This is the stuff! This CD should be called "The Very Best Of The Merseybeats", as it includes the 4 tracks from The Merseybeats "On Stage" E.P. - "Long Tall Sally", ""I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry", "Shame" and "You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover" - their "tougher" side! Fantastic music!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6