Profile for D. Hollingworth > Reviews

Content by D. Hollingworth

D. Hollingworth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gotoqomo GD01 600TVL Micro AIO Camera and 40CH 25mW FPV Video Transmitter Combo with Dipole Brass Antenna for FPV Indoor Racing
Offered by GOTOQOMO LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera and vtx combo., 14 Oct. 2017
Great little camera and vtx combo. The picture quality is excellent for its size and price. As is the range of the vtx despite it being limited by law to 25mW. I opted for the whip antenna version because although it gives less effective coverage than a CP clover leaf it will fair better when bumped and knocked around. This will be perfect for my micro fpv applications.

The item was well packaged, and the camera well protected.

All in all very happy so far.... more testing is needed to determine its durability.

Crazepony-UK FPV Receiver Eachine ROTG01 5.8G 150CH OTG UVC FPV Receiver SMA Female for Smart Phone PC Monitor Black
Offered by Crazepony-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!!, 14 Oct. 2017
It actually works!! Really happy with this receiver. I have to admit to being rather apprehensive at the prospect of plugging a random device into the usb port of my shiny new samsung s7, but so far all seems well.... no fires or corruption of the phone. I am very impressed with the quality of received signal even using the included antenna, although I will be swapping over to a clover leaf antenna at some point for better coverage.

All in all very happy.

PGA Tour 6ft Putting Mat with Guide Ball, Ball Alignment Tool and Training DVD
PGA Tour 6ft Putting Mat with Guide Ball, Ball Alignment Tool and Training DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best putting mat, especially for the price., 21 Jan. 2017
Not worth the RRP listed on amazon by a long shot (if you'll forgive the pun). I expected more, although I'm not sure why anymore as everything seems to be made in China from poor quality and dubious safety rated materials then palmed off to us consumers for silly money with a laughable RRP to make us think we're getting a good deal.

So, if you just want to buy this as a whimsical gift or your not serious about improving your putting then it's OK, but make sure it's on offer....at about 10% of the RRP.

Clarice Cliff Reproduction Paperweight May Avenue - Small
Clarice Cliff Reproduction Paperweight May Avenue - Small
Offered by The Frame Workshop

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 21 Jan. 2017
I don't know what I expected for the price I suppose but never the less I was quite disappointed with this paperweight. The design is just printed on a piece of cardboard and stuck to the back of the glass. It looks..... cheap, but then I suppose that's because it was cheap.

So if you want a cheap looking paperweight this is for you, if not you'll have to spend a bit more.

AGPtEK Colorful Nylon Reusable Cable Ties with Eyelet Holes- Set of 16, 8 Colors
Offered by elephANT

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be better., 21 Jan. 2017
These hook and loop cable ties are.....OK. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're utterly useless, but they are not the best design if your intending to use them as a one length fits all cable tie. This is because you have to put the end of the strap through the plastic eyelet every time you wrap around, which is fiddly, time consuming and also means it's difficult to get the tie tight around smaller diameters.
I wouldnt mind but the problem is easily solved. If they had just put the hooks on the opposite side to the loops you would only have to pass the end through once.

Game of Thrones Stark Ceramic Mug
Game of Thrones Stark Ceramic Mug

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of cr@p!, 20 Dec. 2016
Either this is a fake or HBO have licenced a company to produce a piece of cr@p. Decals are pixelated and poorly aligned. The mug itself is very thin and rough. The glaze is so thin in places you can see brown underneath (around the rim is the worst for this). There are globules of glaze dotted around which have sharp edges.

I bought it from Amazon assuming they cared what they pump out to the public but after a number of disappointing purchases I see they really don't care anymore.... I am now 99% sure fakes of perfumes, books, memorabilia, toys and many more are being sold by Amazon themselves.....knowingly?....

All in all a piece of cr@p! Avoid this like the plague.

Putt Return Machine - Battery Operated
Putt Return Machine - Battery Operated

1.0 out of 5 stars Total garbage!, 12 Sept. 2016
This product is an utter disgrace. I have owned a few of these ball return machines over the years and they have on the whole been robust and reliable. And although this product looks the same as the older/better quality machines, it doesn't even use the same mechanism! The "trigger" is a flimsy strip of plastic that came snapped in half on mine. The return hammer is made of cheap brittle plastic and the spring is so weak it barely ejects the ball. The ratchet mechanism that retracts the hammer only works one in ten times so you have to manually re-cock it. The materials are cheap and nasty and smell terrible.

The people who designed and manufactured this, then dared to write on the box "The Golfers Club Collection, quality golf essentials"!!!!! should be ashamed to put their names to it. If I were them (brand fusion) I wouldn't put my name on the box!

I am beginning to come to the conclusion that buying directly from Amazon no longer guarantees that you will receive a quality product! Quite the opposite these days.

Muc-Off Anti-Fog Treatment, 32ml
Muc-Off Anti-Fog Treatment, 32ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, bit pricey though., 10 Jan. 2015
A bit on the pricey side but this stuff is great! Now I can't speak for any other application but as it says it's plastic safe I used it to stop the lenses on my fatshark attitude V2 FPV goggles from misting up. It works really well, still fog free three weeks after a single application.

*Disclaimer* FPV goggles are not on the list of approved uses and I would be very careful when spraying this stuff on the lenses, use it sparingly and don't get it on anything other than the lenses!
If you decide to use this stuff on anything other than what's listed on the bottle you do so at your own risk!

Just a couple of other notes: Don't use a microfibre cloth to remove the excess as it will remove all of the solution and so won't work, the bottle recommends a tissue. Also I'd let it dry for about 30 mins before using your goggles, helmet, airsoft mast etc.etc.....

Emporio Armani Homme Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Emporio Armani Homme Eau de Toilette - 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance but let down by the bottle, 10 Jan. 2015
The bottom of these bottles are very poorly designed. If you are unlucky like I was you may notice that there is a ring mark in the bottom of the cardboard box the bottle is packaged in. This ring mark is adhesive mixed with cologne.

This is because the bottles are filled from the bottom in the factory and then caps are clipped and glued into place that have a tapered bung built into them to prevent the cologne from leaking out (see photo). Unfortunately I've had a few bottles over the years that've lasted a very short length of time, but have only just noticed why. The bottom cap doesn't always completely seal and the cologne very slowly leaks out, meaning your very expensive cologne is evaporating all the time and because the cologne breaks down the adhesive, the problem only worsens with time.

On another note, this looks to be continental stock so the ingredients etc. etc. are in Italian and French but not English.

BW 7 inch HD 800*480 TFT Color LCD Car Monitor Car Rear View Camera Headrest Monitor DVD VCR Remote Control Monitor Support Rotating the Screen and 2 AV Input
Offered by BW CORP - UK VAT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money., 10 Jan. 2015
I'm using this as a supplementary monitor from my fatshark attitude V2 FPV goggles and I have to say for the money I'm really impressed. It does suffer from "blue screen" (loss of image at low signal strength) apparently, but there are ways round it like having a DVR or similar device in line with the video receiver. I think the reason I've never experienced it is because I'm using the video output from my goggles.

Comes with all the cables, but you need to provide your own power source and power connector, so you may need to do a bit of soldering.
One small gripe is with the viewing angle..... I wouldn't try to watch this monitor from anywhere but straight on.

I haven't tried to use this for its intended purpose so can't comment on that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3