Profile for J. K. Wing > Reviews

Content by J. K. Wing

J. K. Wing (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Ethan Frome (The Penguin English Library)
Ethan Frome (The Penguin English Library)
by Edith Wharton

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug. 2017
a small book packed full of imagery, emotion and poetry

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Case, Spigen® [Liquid Crystal] Ultra-Thin [Crystal Clear] Premium TPU silicone / Transparent / Exact Fit / NO Bulkiness Soft Shockproof Phone Case Cover for Galaxy A5 2017, Samsung A5 2017 Cover - (573CS21144)
Offered by Spigen

The Quality of Silence: The Richard and Judy and Sunday Times bestseller
The Quality of Silence: The Richard and Judy and Sunday Times bestseller
by Rosamund Lupton

2.0 out of 5 stars Driving nightmare in Arctic circle, 29 Mar. 2016
I was looking forward to another novel by Rosamund Lupton as I have enjoyed her previous books and I have a particular penchant for books set in cold remote places - such as Archangel. Snow Child, Child 41 etc.
Maybe I mix with quiet unadventurous people but I do not know anyone who would even contemplate driving an articulated truck and especially not in the Alaskan conditions and this really stretched the credulity of the story, However, I loved the daughters story and her words without sounds added an extra dimension. When the visibility was minimal and blackness was all around the author provided a deep exploration of all our senses.

Rebound
Rebound
by Aga Lesiewicz

1.0 out of 5 stars like a jog with the dog?, 29 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Rebound (Hardcover)
So many good reviews and could not wait to start this book. If you like dogs and running then maybe it will have more appeal and sadly I abandoned it about half way - which I rarely do
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2017 9:04 PM GMT

Roots The Best of Show of Hands
Roots The Best of Show of Hands

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2016
great sound and love playing this in the car and lifts the spirits.

No Escape [DVD] [2015]
No Escape [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder, murder and more murder !!, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: No Escape [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
A fast paced film with multiple murders and brutality. I felt sorry for the girl actors and hope they were not traumatised.

The New Crepes Cookbook: 101 Sweet & Savory Crepe Recipes, From Traditional to Gluten-Free, for Cuisinart, LeCrueset, Paderno and Eurolux Crepe Pans and Makers!: Volume 1 (Crepes and Crepe Makers)
by Isabelle Dauphin

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed as this seemed to be the perfect gift for ..., 23 Jan. 2016
So disappointed as this seemed to be the perfect gift for a friend but the pages were a horrible brown colour and on very cheap paper. Hardly any illustrations and probably the worst cookery book I have seen. It is returned

Dermot O'Leary Presents The Saturday Sessions
Dermot O'Leary Presents The Saturday Sessions

5.0 out of 5 stars chilled out music for any time or place, 23 April 2014
great selection of artists and includes some interesting cover versions and some originals. Even my husband likes this collection !!

The Innocent
The Innocent
by Ian McEwan

5.0 out of 5 stars No Blurb, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Innocent (Paperback)
I had picked this up at a used book sale on the basis of the authors reputation as there was no "blurb" on this copy and I had no clue as to the storyline.

On reflection, the lack of information created a huge shock as the hero who was slightly mundane turned into an inadvertent killer. The question that I keep asking myself is " would I have enjoyed this more or less if I had known the plot?"

There is also the impact of timing and I had previously read ( over a long period )" The Balkan Trilogy" by Olivia Manning and then to read a novel set in a post war setting was very intriguing and totally accidental as I had no knowledge of the setting of the Innocent.

The hero is fascinating as we follow him in an increasingly bizarre life and I was soon captivated within his twisted world.

Yes, I would highly recommend this novel - But, now I have given it away .......maybe.

Thomas Carry Along Colouring
Thomas Carry Along Colouring

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a journey, 17 April 2011
I agree with the previous review that this is a suitable item for a journey as it is quite small.

Page: 1 | 2