Profile for A. MacLean > Reviews

A. MacLean (Glasgow, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 31 Dec. 2015
I wish I had read the reviews before buying this for my son for Christmas. I couldn't believe it didn't light up, given how much they charge for it! I bought our other son a cheapo £7 one which did light up. Wish I had just bought 2 - AVOID!

Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Fair Trade Organic Raw Coconut Oil 500ml
Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Fair Trade Organic Raw Coconut Oil 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I heart Lucy Bee! : ), 25 Oct. 2015
A brilliant find - thanks to the Body Coach! I now use Lucy Bee instead of Olive Oil when frying anything. It's fab, and organic! Great for skin too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2015 9:45 AM GMT

Skechers Gowalk 2 Super Sock Women's Walking Shoes - Grey (Charcoal), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't want to take them off!, 25 Oct. 2015
Like walking on air/in slippers! I went for the size smaller and would recommend you do the same. They are stretchy and with lots of room so definitely go down a size if you're not sure.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 Oct. 2015
If you've not yet tried a Veg-a-Spin to make courgetti as a wheat/carb-free alternative to spaghetti then you absolutely must. So simple and tasty. This is a great wee product. I would definitely recommend.

Lizis Low Sugar Granola 500g
Lizis Low Sugar Granola 500g
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, I'd definitely buy it again, 25 Oct. 2015
Obviously not quite as delicious as the full sugar variety but damn tasty nonetheless. Great quality, I'd definitely buy it again.

Lift-the-Flap Computers and Coding
Lift-the-Flap Computers and Coding
by Rosie Dickins
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant (for adults and kids!) Buy it now!, 25 Oct. 2015
As with all these Usborne Lift the Flap books, not only does the child learn loads, the adults (like me!) reading to them to do, particularly when it comes to subjects like coding and computers. Our 7 year old son loved reading this book with me (he can read it himself but he wants me to join in). Our 4 year old gets the principles of the book and loves lifting the flaps and talking about computers mostly but still a great intro.

I would thoroughly recommend this book for kids around 6+ and even for younger kids to introduce some of the ideas to them. I'm still trying to get my head round Unicode and Binary numbers!

Karlsson Alarm Clock Tiny Splash Over The Rainbow
Karlsson Alarm Clock Tiny Splash Over The Rainbow

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful clock, but arrived damaged, 23 Mar. 2013
I've already ordered the wall clock version of this as a gift and decided to order the alarm clock version too (again, as a gift). The clock itself is lovely, but when I opened the package, the red coloured pin that covers the point where the little and big hands meet in the middle, had dropped off in transit. I was disappointed because I had bought this as a gift but in fairness to Amazon they dispatched a replacement as soon as I asked them to. I hope this one will be fine when it arrives, and that Karlsson aren't all about the image and not the quality/detail. We shall see.

Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml & Bubble Wash 400ml

3.0 out of 5 stars I suspect these are seconds/damaged stock, but still a good price, 23 Mar. 2013
I ordered this as a Mother's Day gift for my mum, who just loves this perfume. The price was good and I emailed the seller to see if they could dispatch it any quicker so it would arrive in time for Mother's Day (my fault for ordering too late in the day!). They responded promptly to say they'd dispatch it that day but the actual delivery took ages (they only charged £2 for delivery though so not sure what I expected).

Anyway, as per the other reviews, the box itself WAS stained from the black ribbon that holds it shut. Given the price, I didn't really mind (except that it was a gift) but I really think they would be better to mark these as seconds/damaged stock, if that is what they are. All in all, it's a good price for what you get but I did feel a bit cheated by the damage to the packaging.

Duronic RCD025R Portable Red CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Connect & play from MP3 Player/Ipod/Iphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee CD player for the money, 12 July 2011
I have now bought two of these CD players and have recommended it to other people. We use ours every night to play audio books for our two year old once we have run out of energy to read him any more ourselves!

It has been a Godsend, and is perfectly adequate for a child's bedroom or a kitchen I would imagine.

The size/shape is great for a small space too. I'd definitely recommend it to friends.

Duronic RCD025W Portable White CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Connect & play from MP3 Player/Ipod/Iphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy for the money, 9 Feb. 2011
We bought this as a cheap/small CD player to use in our 2 year old's bedroom and I have to say we were really impressed with the sound quality for the money. It's compact, unintrusive and has decent sound for what it is. I would definitely recommend for use in a similar situation, or for a kitchen/garage/shed.

Page: 1 | 2