Profile for Daniel Perdigao > Reviews

Content by Daniel Perdigao

Daniel Perdigao "SmileMind!" (Lisboa, Portugal, EU)

Page: 1 | 2
The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking
The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking
by Mike Rohde

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 5 Mar. 2013
This is a book the way I like it: VISUAL and PRACTICAL!
If you a re a visual person and interested in visual communication (for you and for others) this is the book for you!
Have fun (as I have reading and using the book constantly).

Grasp the Solution: How to Find the Best Answers to Everyday Challenges
Grasp the Solution: How to Find the Best Answers to Everyday Challenges
by Chris Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it and keep it near you..., 19 Oct. 2011
Thanks Chris for this book.
This is so great precisely because it helps us see the obvious.
Some of the ideas shared along the book made me several times think to my self why didn't I get it on my own!
And the answer games to me: because we need to stop to think, dedicate some time and lots of effort to put together a whole collection of new approaches to old ways of doing, and that's what Chris did.
I speed read the book and, to be sure I missed nothing, I am reading it again.
If one is a creativity addicted, a person focused on innovation or simply a Mind Maps fan, this book is a must!
I strongly recommend it.
If a Portuguese edition (my native language) came out I'll buy another copy, just to read it again.
Enjoy and... keep the book near you!

NLP: Principles in Practice
NLP: Principles in Practice
by Lisa Wake

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Lisa, write another one..., 14 Oct. 2010
Just to be clear (everybody started their review this way) I am not a colleague of Lisa not even her former student.
Anyway I do study NLP for many year, I am an NLP Trainer, and this is one of the most nice, simple to read, clear, concise and precise book I have ever read bout NLP and each of the techniques.
I even consider it as a good reference manual that I might start recommending to NLP students, as it's easy to read about each of the techniques, as a recall, before practicing or training it's application.
I can say no more than "please Lisa, write another one...".
Thanks Lisa for such a book.
Daniel
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2013 12:11 AM BST

Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities (Voices That Matter)
by David Airey

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, complete and straight to the point, 14 Oct. 2010
This is not a large book with hundreds or thousands of logos.
On the contrary, unlike other books, it shows only some logos as samples, explaining their history, how they were created, what's the meaning.
It's fundamentally a book where the creative process is explained and some techniques are introduced, showing how to do it.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced logo designer, it's a good purchase.

Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes and Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity
by David Sibbet

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK - Image is fundamental in any meeting, 14 Oct. 2010
This is a very cool book.
Grove is a very well know company in this field and the book corresponds to expectations.
Since I am a follower of IFVP and read books from Nancy Marguilles or Chrisina Valenza I heard about David Sibbet and Grove.
It's really cool stuff and help me a lot whenever I am propagating the idea of using images to facilitate meetings of any kind.
We feel like kids again, as we loose drawing ability along the years, especially because of most school teachers, and effectively it's easier to communicate with pictures, as we did during childhood.
I recommend it!

100 Great Presentation Ideas (100 Great Ideas)
100 Great Presentation Ideas (100 Great Ideas)
by Patrick Forsyth

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple ideas, 14 Oct. 2010
This is a cool, not fantastic, book.
I liked it anyway. it has a collection of simple and obvious ideas that it's good to have on a single compilation.
If you are new to presenting you can learn a lot. If you are an experienced presenter you can use it as a check list for picking some ideas.

Olympus HLD-4 Power Grip for E3, E5, E30
Olympus HLD-4 Power Grip for E3, E5, E30

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Power, 14 Oct. 2010
This si a fantastic product from olympus.
With this accessory we can extend the use of an Olympus E-30 or E-3 for hours.
We can use two Olympus batteries or 4 AAA batteries in an emergency.
And it's not only a power extension, it brings many of the functionalities to the new vertical grip.
We can save the original battery compartment cover in the battery grip,as it has a proper space for that.
Cool product if you like to take a lot of shots on a row.

STABILO woody 3in1 Wallet of 18 colours - Multi-talented pencil
STABILO woody 3in1 Wallet of 18 colours - Multi-talented pencil
Offered by stick-und-filz

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel like a kid, 14 Oct. 2010
Great solution for flipcharts.
For any one presenting and needing to use color, this is a much better solution then markers, as you can finish the day with your hands clean.
Great colors too!
These are not available in Portugal so Amazon is the solution for me!

SanDisk SDCFX-008G-X46 8 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFX-008G-X46 8 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Oct. 2010
There is not much to say about SanDisk fast cards. They're great!
I am using it with my Olympus E30 and I am able to reach the maximum number of photos per second in the maximum resolution, according to Olympus specifications, so there is no bottleneck related with the memory card.
Perfect!

Reinventing Comics
Reinventing Comics
by Scott McCloud

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely FANTASTIC, 22 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Reinventing Comics (Paperback)
There is not much more that can be said.
I learnt a lot from McLoud's books and this one is as good as the others: 5 STARS, from first to last page.
Some had already tried (hardly) to copy this amazing style, with no success - they need to study a lot to get close.
If you love comics (or sequential art, if you prefer), if you know nothing about, if you know a lot, if you are not in any of these categories, whatever is the case, BUY and READ this book. You'll love it for the learning it provides and for the simple amusement of reading it.

Page: 1 | 2