Profile for smiffydotinfo > Reviews

smiffydotinfo (UK)

Avenir Commuter Unisex Sunglass - Silver
Avenir Commuter Unisex Sunglass - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and lightweight., 27 April 2012
Don't leave home without them!

The yellow lenses really improve visibility during rides in the forest or on overcast days.

Maypole MP970 Noseweight Indicator Gauge
Maypole MP970 Noseweight Indicator Gauge

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 27 April 2012
Works well. Very useful to ensure you don't overload your tow vehicle.

The only downside is that it doesn't fit in the box once assembled. (The base has to be screwed on).

EasyAcc 5600mAh External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank with built-in Flashlight for Apple iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2; HTC One, One X, S; LG Optimus G, I9, I7, 4X HD, Nokia Lumia 920, Google Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z; MP3, MP4,GPS, Camera, Game Player and much more [Light and Small, but High capacity!]

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Power not as good as expected., 27 April 2012
I bought this to provide additional power for my Apple devices when out for the day away from a power socket. I use a Cycle Computer (CycleMeter) app which uses the GPS to plot my position, has an on screen cycle computer and also downloads the maps from the internet.

As an iPhone 4 spare battery this product is great it's capable of providing just over two full charges.

I also have a "New" 3grd generation iPad which is basically just a large battery with a screen attached. The iPad 3 battery has a capacity of 11,600 mAh - so I had hoped that I could get almost a 50% charge from the EasyAcc 5600mAh device. However in my tests I've only been able to increase the battery level by between 25% to 30%.

However, for the price of £21.99 I'm happy with the purchase.

Please be aware that you don't get a UK mains adapter, just a European one as per the photos. Also the provided USB to Apple adapter isn't great in the iPad - so expect to use your original lead.

The EasyACC is recharged from a Micro USB connection, which is quite tiny and fragile. I'd have preferred a more robust Mini USB socket for filling the device.

The manual is tiny, and poorly translated, but at the end of the day you charge it, and then recharge your devices. You can turn the battery off by holding down the button, and a double press turns on the single LED for torch mode! There are also four blue LEDs to indicate the remaining battery level.

Astrosaurs 15: The Dreams of Dread
Astrosaurs 15: The Dreams of Dread
by Steve Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids just love them..., 7 July 2009
My 9yr son old can't get enough of Steve Coles books, both the Astrosaurs and the Cows in Action are his favourite and we're starting to build up quite a collection. He can't wait for the next one... Any book that keeps a child entertained for not much more than the price of a throw away comic can't be bad.