Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Quicksilver > Reviews

Content by Quicksilver
Top Reviewer Ranking: 855

Quicksilver (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
bliss Body Butter, Grapefruit and Aloe 200 ml
bliss Body Butter, Grapefruit and Aloe 200 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice, if expensive, cream, 26 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This doesn't have the sharp tangy smell that I associate with Grapefruit products. The combination with Aloe is not one that appeals to me. The cream is easy to apply and isn't at all heavy or greasy. It's a nice quality cream, but I wouldn't pay £22.

The Painted Dragon (The Sinclair's Mysteries)
The Painted Dragon (The Sinclair's Mysteries)
by Katherine Woodfine

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Light Crime Fiction, 26 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The third book in this engaging mystery series set around a department store. Aimed for around 11+, the book reads like an Agatha Raisin novel but without the snark. The mysteries are good and have a satisfying ending. Woodfine's characters are engaging and likeable with the department store making it easy and plausible for characters to come and go.

Whilst each novel is self-contained there is also another deeper mystery running through them that binds them all together. The Painted Dragon is a great gentle crime novel and I hope the series continues to run and run

Garnier Ultimate Blends Strength Restorer Conditioner 400ml
Garnier Ultimate Blends Strength Restorer Conditioner 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Conditioner, 23 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good conditioner for the current asking price of £2. Quite strong smelling, so if you're not keen on Royal Jelly probably best avoided. Otherwise this is another good Garnier product.

Hallmark Wonder Woman Mother's Day Card "Blank" - Medium
Hallmark Wonder Woman Mother's Day Card "Blank" - Medium
Offered by budget gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Wonder Womum in your life., 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One of my boys likes Wonder Woman. My wife has superhero qualities. Job's a winner. A bold, good quality card. Blank inside for your cherubs to write/draw whatever they like.

Hallmark Mother's Day Card "For You With Love" - Medium
Hallmark Mother's Day Card "For You With Love" - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, good quality and non-gushy, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is very nice Mother's Day card. Good quality paper and a balanced message, for those of us who have less than perfect relationships with their mothers. I often struggle to find a card that isn't "you are the most amazingest lovely wuvely mummy ever, and are always there for me" type cards. Frankly we both know that's BS and I refuse to send one, but it is nice to send something.

This message is fine and there's nothing written inside the card, so I can write what I like. The butterfly pictures are nice too.

Scotch Expressions Tape, Pink, 19mm x 7.62mm, C214-PNK, 1 Roll
Scotch Expressions Tape, Pink, 19mm x 7.62mm, C214-PNK, 1 Roll
Offered by SignLine

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright pink tape., 18 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've had a few of these coloured tapes now, and they work really well as labels or to bring some brightness to present wrapping. Strong and sticky, if you need neon pink tape then this will certainly do the trick.

A German Requiem (Bernie Gunther)
A German Requiem (Bernie Gunther)
by Philip Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Post-War Bernie, 18 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The final volume in the Berlin Noir trilogy, is set after the war, in a Berlin occupied by allied forces. Gunther is trying to operate within the new world order, where he finds characters as unsavoury as anything produced under the Nazis.

Again, it's Kerr's dialogue that sets these books apart from the pack. Gunther's sense of humour is like the finest Germans bread, dark and dry. Kerr's Bernie Gunther novel are some of the finest historical fiction around.

The Pale Criminal (Bernie Gunther)
The Pale Criminal (Bernie Gunther)
by Philip Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Berlin Noir, 18 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The second book in Philip Kerr's Bernie Gunther series, part of the Berlin Noir Trilogy. The stories are of the highest order. Gunther a gumshoe in the mould of Philip Marlowe operates in Nazi Germany.

Kerr's dialogue is excellent and the mystery engaging. The sense of menace in the books is palpable. Some of the finest historical fiction around.

ECOVACS ROBOTICS DEEBOT MINI - Compact robot vacuum with Direct Suction (optimized for pet hair)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean Floors and Cleaner Flaws, 12 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You don't need one of these. You might want one, but you don't need one.

The Deebot Mini is surprisingly good at what it does. Vacuum up on hard floors. You can't use it on carpeted floors. It navigates around furniture, avoids falling down steps, and rarely sucks up stuff that breaks it. I was surprised how easy it was to use, and how much extra crud it managed to suck up off the floor compared with the broom. If I leave it in a room, to sweep away until I return, the results are pretty impressive. For the price, I don't think the improvement is worth the money, but for simple, hassle free floor cleaning Deebot does its job well. (It also reveals the terrifying amounts of hair my wife sheds.)

Now for what it does less well.

The Deebot has real difficulty finding its charging station. It goes back and forth failing to connect, and this becomes very annoying after a few minutes of struggling. So, feeling sorry for the poor love, you have to get up and try to connect it manually. Manual connection is harder than it should be, taking several attempts to get it to charge.

The Deebot clears up nicely, but if you pick it up at a slight angle, invariably some of its sweepings fall out. You can empty it without picking it up, so it's possible to work around this, but it would be much better if you could just pick the Deebot up and move it around without worry.

It has a remote. The remote works fine, but it's another remote to lose. Bluetooth connection would be much better. I often lose remotes but I rarely lose my phone. There have been times when I've had to hunt around looking for the remote losing me any time I'd saved.

I've flip-flopped on this Deebot. It works much better than I expected. I had thought I would find it utterly pointless, but after a few weeks, I found it indispensable. However, the novelty has worn off now and I find it easier to get out the broom and dustpan and brush. The Deebot, is probably better suited to somebody with a tidy house, and certainly for somebody without children. Whole areas of the house are out of bounds.

Aveeno Baby  100 ml Daily Care Barrier Cream
Aveeno Baby  100 ml Daily Care Barrier Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Good by not revolutionary, 9 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use Aveeno a lot, particularly their moisturising cream. It's good at keeping horrible dry skin away. They're definitely a brand I would trust. This baby barrier cream is good and thick, great for preventing nappy rash. It's quite sticky and not always that easy to apply, but not really any worse than Sudocreme. We've always found the zinc creams with a little castor oil to be very effective (We used Boots' own for years), and there is nothing here that would make me change that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20