Profile for Menigma > Reviews

Content by Menigma

Menigma

Page: 1 | 2
Caseflex Ultra Slim Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for All iOS, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 1/2/3/4 iPad 1/2/3/4, iPad Pro, Mac, iMac All Android, Inc Samsung, Sony, LG, Nexus, Lenovo Tablets & Windows Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend at this price wholeheartedly, 2 Oct. 2015
Very surprised at the quality for the price. Nothing to really quibble about. Would recommend at this price wholeheartedly.

The Blockade Breakers: The Berlin Airlift
The Blockade Breakers: The Berlin Airlift

5.0 out of 5 stars So much I didn't know about this incredible feat of human endeavour, 31 Oct. 2013
Like most people, I knew of the Berlin Airlift in a vague wikipedia kind of way. I hadn't appreciated the multiple strands of political machinations, logistical requirements, technological shortcomings, crew sacrifice and the sheer courage of the West Berliners not to sell their soul to the vile Stalin. The author does a great job of weaving a very detailed but easy to follow story of an incredible task of human achievement and everybody, from the top to the bottom, gets the respect they deserve. It also avoids the pitfall of being a numbers and anecdote book, which for something as amazing as the Berlin Airlift would have been an easy trap to fall into.

On a more patriotic note, I hadn't realised just how much the RAF (and how respected their pilots and mechanics were) and GB civil airlines contributed to the Airlift and must commend the author for not solely focusing on the USAF which carried the bulk of the tonnage. It also occurred to me that when the Airlift started in 1948 Britain was economically bankrupt following the Second World War and still rationed many everyday items. Despite all this Britain started the Airlift (first planes in) and formed the NHS in the same year. Talk about setting the bar high.

Overall I thoroughly recommend this book. You will not be disappointed.

BILBO BAGGINS' STING Hobbit Letter Opener
BILBO BAGGINS' STING Hobbit Letter Opener
Offered by Blyme

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gift, 2 Aug. 2013
Looks good and does what it says on the tin. The box is made of plastic but it is pleasing to the eye. Overall a very nice gift.

Gelert Edge Hydro Pack - Black/Bright Lime, 2 Litre
Gelert Edge Hydro Pack - Black/Bright Lime, 2 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sized bag, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Gelert Edge Hydro Pack (Sports)
If your looking for a hydration pack with plenty of space, this is the one. I currently carry my multi-tool, spare inner-tube, lights, pump and waterproof jacket and there is still loads of space for food and drinks. The bladder is simple to use and clean and leak proof after a couple of months use. My only quibble is the bite valve at the end of the tube doesn't come with a dirt cover, which is around £8-9 extra from Amazon. Apart from that, great value for money.

Giottos GTMML 3290B 5 Section 190cm Pro Monopod
Giottos GTMML 3290B 5 Section 190cm Pro Monopod

5.0 out of 5 stars If your tall, this is the one!, 30 Sept. 2011
A solid feeling product which extends way above my 6'2" frame and makes you wonder if they mispriced it. No wobbles or bowing unless you apply serious pressure. Have comfortably had a D7000 with a 300mm F4 on it with no problems. I recommend it highly for the price asked.

Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item, 30 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord (Camera)
A very nice feeling product which oozes quality. Far more versatile than the infra-red release (which I also own) and an excellent addition to any camera bag.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars You will become a believer!!, 25 April 2011
I'll start with an admission. Two weeks before I bought my kindle I was a huge skeptic of e-readers. Didn't like the idea of them and could not fathom their appeal. Nothing, in my mind, could beat the feel of a good book in the hand. Then, on a visit to a relative, she produced her kindle which was a company bonus gift. I actually then started using one for the first time and my view on e-readers changed almost immediately. I loved the ease of use, the amazing look of the e-ink and sheer portability of the thing. It is so light. When my relative informed me that I could also download around 29,000 free books it was the clincher. I was buying an e-reader.

I purchased the wi-fi model as I didn't see the necessity of the 3G model and the extra £40. Are you really going to be away from a wi-fi hotspot or home for that long? I currently have around fifteen books on my kindle (more then half being free) and have found that I read more than I did before. The e-ink is very easy on the eye and the 'short' pages seem to encourage you to read more. You can hold a kindle for a very long time with one hand as it is so light. As for the battery life? Had my kindle just over five weeks and charged it for the first time last week since its first day arrival charge. Very impressive and even more so when you turn off the wi-fi connectivity.

The only thing I would strongly recommend is a good case to protect that lovely screen and body. I bought a hard leather Pro-Tec sleeve case from John Lewis for £30. Have to say I was not overly impressed by the case (believe its Amazon made) with the built in light powered from the kindle. Felt a bit feeble for £52!

All in all an excellent product which, if you love reading, I highly recommend.

It's a Wonderful Life [DVD] [1946]
It's a Wonderful Life [DVD] [1946]
Dvd ~ James Stewart
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars THE classic christmas film, 15 Jan. 2011
Bought this for the missus as she adores the film. A wonderful film with a fabulous cast. Despite both colour and B&W versions being included, the B&W version is still the best way to watch it. Highly recommended.

Belkin Core Backpack for Upto 15.6 inch Notebooks - Black/Grey
Belkin Core Backpack for Upto 15.6 inch Notebooks - Black/Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 15 Jan. 2011
An inexpensive, good quality backpack which is quite slim in its profile. Holds a 15.6" Dell very comfortably. At the price you pay there are no real complaints to be made.

Lowepro Apex 110AW Shoulder Bag For Digital Cameras/Camcorders - Arctic Blue
Lowepro Apex 110AW Shoulder Bag For Digital Cameras/Camcorders - Arctic Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality bag from a great brand, 3 Nov. 2010
I will confess to being a Lowepro fan. I own 3 other Lowepro products apart from this bag. The reason is simple. They are quality items and are actually waterproof as opposed to claiming to be waterproof lke many other similar items. This little bag proved its worth recently at a day out when I got soaked to the skin but my superzoom compact and all other gubbins stayed bone dry with the cover in place.

As long as you check on the Lowepro website for compatibility with your products size you can't go wrong with this little bag. It comfortably fits the camera, small flash, lens hood, spare batteries and cloths etc. I highly recommend this bag.

Page: 1 | 2