Profile for Tom Bombadil > Reviews

Content by Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil (Bournemouth, Dorset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Nikwax Tech Wash and TX. Direct Wash-In Twin Pack
Nikwax Tech Wash and TX. Direct Wash-In Twin Pack
Offered by Salveo Department Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproofing wonder!, 19 Oct. 2014
I used this to waterproof my Halvarssons motorcycle textile jacket and trousers. Just make sure that your washing machine is detergent free and you won't have any trouble.

Knox Cold Killers Windwear Wind Buddy Top
Knox Cold Killers Windwear Wind Buddy Top

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 19 Oct. 2014
This jacket is expensive, but it's worth it. I've tried loads of others, but none are as good as this. I wear it on my motorcycle during the winter and it really helps to keep the cold out.

Oral-B PRO 600 Deep Clean Electric Toothbrush - Special Edition
Oral-B PRO 600 Deep Clean Electric Toothbrush - Special Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Floss action too aggressive for me, 30 Mar. 2014
This is a very good, value for money toothbrush. I don't like flossing, so this toothbrush seemed ideal for me. Like others, I had bleeding gums when I initially used this. But unlike others the bleeding slowly got worse! I've now changed to a Precision Clean brush head and I'm not getting any bleeding. So I think that sadly the Floss Action Brush is too aggressive for me. I would have given it 5 stars, except for this one problem.

Knox Cold Killers Motorcycle Hot Socks
Knox Cold Killers Motorcycle Hot Socks

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfomfortable, 10 Nov. 2013
I've no idea if these keep your feet warm because I found them too uncomfortable. These are not socks, they are more like over shoes. I bought the correct size, but they were slightly too big. So when I put my boots on, they bunched up and I could feel the seams pressing into my feet. They are also too short, there was a draughty gap between the tops and the bottoms of my thermal underwear. They started to come apart at the seams too. Don't buy these, they are a complete waste of money.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor plating, 12 Oct. 2013
I bought this to replace a broken die holder in a cheap set I've had for years and only use occasionally. Delivery was good, I chose free carriage, but it arrived in only two days. But on opening the package, I found that the plating on one of the steel arms was so poor, it's going rusty already! The other arm is perfect, so whoever packed it must have seen the defect and shouldn't have sent it. This is one of the problems of buying things on the internet. I know it was cheap, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Offered by CelloExpress

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 1 Jun. 2013
I got these to stop my underwater camera case misting up. These really solved the problem completely and I was able to get some good underwater photos.

WMA Underwater Camera Waterproof Dive Dry Bag Case Pouch
WMA Underwater Camera Waterproof Dive Dry Bag Case Pouch
Offered by Sunny Market

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, 1 Jun. 2013
I bought this for my holiday. I was dubious that it would work, but it did. It's not as good as a dedicated camera. But I wanted to try this first as an experiment. I had read that these cases are prone to misting up. So I bought some small silica gel sachets, which solved the problem. It was difficult to see the screen on my camera clearly, so I took loads of photos and some were acceptable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 1 Jun. 2013
I bought these for my holiday to Cuba. They worked a treat and it was interesting to see all the fish clearly. Just remember, before you use them, wash them in the sea, then spit into them and wipe this around the glass. I know that sounds disgusting, but it works just as well as anything you can buy and it's free.

Farewell to the Master: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Farewell to the Master: The Day the Earth Stood Still
by Harry Bates

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 1 Jun. 2013
I enjoyed this book, but it's very different from the films. If I hadn't known, I wouldn't have known that they were based on this book.

Fujifilm FinePix F50/F80 Digital Camera Case - Black
Fujifilm FinePix F50/F80 Digital Camera Case - Black
Offered by RAREWAVES

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 1 Jun. 2013
This case fitted my Fuji FinePix F50 very well. it's a snug fit, so there's no room for any accessories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5