Profile for Penguin > Reviews

Two Wheels on my Wagon: A Bicycle Adventure in the Wild West
Two Wheels on my Wagon: A Bicycle Adventure in the Wild West
by Paul Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, 18 April 2011
Anyone who has done distance-cycling, even on a small scale, is going to enjoy reading this book. The author has a great sense of humour which comes across in almost every page. He has the ability to poke fun at himself down to a fine art.

The author describes his experience of the 'Great Divide Bicycle Race' which begins in Canada and ends on the border of Mexico. There are 28 chapters in the book, which turns out to be a diary for the 28 days it took him to complete the journey (which is over 100 miles a day). The threat from mountain lions and grizzly bears is not an idle one and this adds a sense of drama to the journey. It is a well written book because you feel you are being taken on the journey as well.

I am a very fussy reader when it comes to reading material. I cannot just pick up any old book and start reading. I have to say this book gripped me from the very first page and held me captive to the very last. A most enjoyable read.

Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black
Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Nov. 2010
Very happy with these. They are very light and do not slow the bike down in any way. They are also rugged. They are exposed to damage when you take the wheels off, so just be a little extra careful when doing puncture repairs etc.

Bytestor Hi-Speed 40X CompactFlash Card 256MB
Bytestor Hi-Speed 40X CompactFlash Card 256MB

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 2 Mar. 2005
I bought this compact flash card for my Canon G5. I am delighted with the faster write speeds to my computer. My previous Viking Flash Card had much slower write speeds. I didn't realize how irritating that was. It's amazing how faster write-speeds are a pleasant experience, making digital photography that bit more enjoyable. Yes, I recommended this product whole-heartedly. I only regret not buying the 512 byestore flash card, only I have to keep within a budget and the 256 card is more than adequate.