Profile for PRR > Reviews

Content by PRR

PRR "PRR" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
P&G Professional Ariel Colour up to 245 Washes
P&G Professional Ariel Colour up to 245 Washes

5.0 out of 5 stars useful size, 5 Oct. 2015
useful to be able to buy in bulk. I don't like using normal powder on colours, but it is sometimes difficult to obtain in shops except in small packets.

The Other Kingdom: A Life of Jesus for Children
The Other Kingdom: A Life of Jesus for Children
by Angela Gosling

5.0 out of 5 stars An accessible narrative of Jesus's story for children, 8 April 2014
Angela Gosling wrote this over thirty years ago, and it still reads as freshly as the day it was published and I read it to my children. Her writing is clear and simple. Her explanations of the people around Jesus make his story all the easier for children of about six plus want to know more. The book is illustrated with attractive pen and ink drawings. I'm sorry to see that its second hand value is so high, as I wanted to purchase a second copy.

Osco Mesh Letter Tray 3-Tier Scratch-resistant Stackable Front-load Portrait Foolscap Silver Ref 3TT S
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and easy letter tray, 28 Nov. 2013
Easy to assemble. My only caveat is that there is no way of fixing the trays, so sometimes they slide when I grab some papers from them.

Wessex Mill Flour Six Seed Bread Flour - 5x1.5kg
Wessex Mill Flour Six Seed Bread Flour - 5x1.5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual flour, 28 Nov. 2013
After a while one gets bored of what is available at supermarkets. I found this at a distant farmshop and am pleased I can get it online. It would be nice to be offered a selection, though and the range is quite small at the moment. Wessex do a huge variety of flours. As I had to buy five at a time they are bulky to store so I'll have to wait until I get another delivery, butI prefer to chop and change with my bread-making.

2 Packs of AquaDoodle Mat Accessory Magic Water Pens
2 Packs of AquaDoodle Mat Accessory Magic Water Pens
Offered by direct sales online

5.0 out of 5 stars useful replacement pens, 28 Nov. 2013
The mat is great, and it's useful to be able to buy replacement pens for it. Enough said! Children happy.

Danielle Vicenza Large Framed Top Zip Toiletry Bag
Danielle Vicenza Large Framed Top Zip Toiletry Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars generous sized toiletry bag, 28 Nov. 2013
Actually, it was a bit bigger than I intended, as a present for one of my family, but would certainly fit in all that is needed for a weekend or week away.

Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC)
Hoyle Card Games 2008 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good platform for Card Games, 28 Nov. 2013
A comprehensive set of card games, some played against computer IDs and others are solitaire, with a large number of these available. The quality of display is far better than most compendiums, and it allows right click to play a card, which is simple and quick. Gives stats to judge your improvement. Not the newest version, but I think this one is better, I didn't like it when I upgraded so bought this 2008 for a family member.

Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2008 (PC)
Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2008 (PC)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy playing board games, 28 Nov. 2013
I have been using Hoyle Board Games for years, as they have a very good platform - once you have got rid of the irritating speech and music, though some may be amused by these. I bought these for a family member, even though they are not the most up to date version. Some games you play solitaire, but others are against computer generated IDs. All the usual ones, including a simple backgammon, which is actually winnable! Gives stats to see how you do.

Baby Toddler Stacking Nesting Learning Tower Cups Activity Toy Game Set of 5
Baby Toddler Stacking Nesting Learning Tower Cups Activity Toy Game Set of 5
Offered by NEW ERA

1.0 out of 5 stars cups too small - and supplied square, not round, 7 Jun. 2013
I realise these cups were inexpensive, but I was surprised at how very small they are. They have also arrived as a square cup, rather than round as on the Amazon website. This shape is too difficult for a baby less than 18 months. The picture on the screen was round, but the box in which they are packed shows both round and square. I bought these "cups" to send to my granddaughter, but don't find them of high enough quality, so will keep them for her occasional visits instead.

Dermalogica Shine Therapy Shampoo 8oz
Dermalogica Shine Therapy Shampoo 8oz

5.0 out of 5 stars a natural shampoo, 2 Jan. 2013
I was surprised to read the first review on Amazon, as I have been using this shampoo for at least six years, and have never found it drying. I don't use a conditioner. I had really bad psoriasis, and had tried a number of heavy metallic/chemical shampoos without much success. The condition cleared up almost as soon as I started using this product, which shows how two people can have very different experiences. A bonus is that I am no longer putting strong chemicals on my hair. I am a sceptical woman, who judges only on results, so was surprised that something so mild could be so effective. I have found this a very useful product.

Page: 1 | 2