Profile for Danielle Griffiths > Reviews

How to get a job in PR
How to get a job in PR
by Sarah Stimson

5.0 out of 5 stars A PR student's dream, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: How to get a job in PR (Paperback)
Every future graduate is desperate for the inside track as to how to get ahead in the working world. As an English and Media student with the ambition of working in PR, this book is definitely my guiding light!

The structure is concise and succinct making for easy reading, a welcomed change from hard-going PR textbooks. Not only does each chapter provide a context, it also makes use of comment from recognised practitioners giving a wide range of advice to suit the needs of many, in turn helping the reader gain a better understanding of the PR industry.

The tone is calm and appealing; the advice makes you realise what you need to do and how you need to do it, without making you feel like you'll never succeed. It is colloquial and relevant to its audience in its references to certain aspects of youth culture without compromising its purpose: to land that first PR job.

The content is well balanced between how to get a job in PR and what to do when you get there, with greater attention paid to the former as appropriate.

I can safely say that I'll forever be keeping this book close by, it's been great to see where I'm already on the right track but opened my eyes as to where I can improve. I recommend every future PR practitioner should get their hands on this book; it's current, fresh and the secret to success!

I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review.