Profile for Mrs D. > Reviews

Mrs D.

mercury Plug-In Dimmer Switch
mercury Plug-In Dimmer Switch

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Product, 10 Oct. 2015
I've had one of these dimmer switches and it gave up working after about 12 months so I bought another one hoping it would last longer. They both worked well on my standard lamp to begin with, but when a bulb blew in my lamp the dimmer stopped working. The second one was only about 10 months old when it stopped working. I thought I would check/change the fuse but was unable to open the unit due to a screw that I (or my husband) had never seen before and certainly didn't have a screwdriver remotely likely to fit the head on the screw. I will not be buying any more of these dimmers as they just do not last.

Philips 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Memory Drive FM064FD70B/10
Philips 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Memory Drive FM064FD70B/10
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memory Stick, 8 Jan. 2015
Neat and compact. Does the job for me. I bought it to put all our family photos on as a backup and also to use to display them on our digital photo frame. Over 6800 have been put on so far and there's space left for others. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks or so but am very pleased with it so far.

SanDisk SDCZ50-064G-B35 64 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ50-064G-B35 64 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, 24 Nov. 2014
I was very disappointed with this product. It was very flimsy and had no cap. Although the packaging was good and undamaged the actual flash drive casing was split and I found it very difficult to insert into the USB socket on my laptop. I have returned it to Amazon for a refund.

Sony LCS-CSQ/B - camera cases (Black, Nylon, 75 x 40 x 115 mm)
Sony LCS-CSQ/B - camera cases (Black, Nylon, 75 x 40 x 115 mm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 Feb. 2014
I bought this camera case for my Sony WX300 camera. I have only given it 4 stars as it is a bit big and bulky for this particular camera, but I think it is designed to take different Sony cameras not just this sized one. Having said that, the camera fits in easily and there is room in the front pocket for a spare SD card, and room inside with the camera for a spare battery. The case seems to be well made and for a lightweight, soft padded case it is good value for money. It has a useful belt loop on the back, but for me personally, as I don't wear a belt, a carrying strap would have been very useful.

Luger MD 6x30 Monocular
Luger MD 6x30 Monocular

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Luger MD 6x30 Monocular (Sports)
Bought this for my husband who only has one good eye. He is delighted with it and finds it very good and easy to use. It is sturdy and far better than the previous, cheaper, one I bought him which broke the first time he used it, so worth paying a higher, but still reasonable, price for. A little bulky for trouser pockets but with it's own carrying pouch it is handy to pop into a rucksack for a day out.

Bee and Insect Hotel
Bee and Insect Hotel
Offered by e Sales Pro Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Insect Hotel, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bee and Insect Hotel
This was brought as a Christmas gift for a friend. I looked at it and liked the design but I cannot comment on how efficient it is on attracting insects to his garden.

Good Ideas Amazing Slip On Ice Grippers. Crampon, Cleats. Spikes and rubber sole gives extra grip on ice, snow, wet conditions. Ideal for Hiking, Running, Walking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful bit of kit, 9 Jan. 2014
Bought two sets of these for myself and my husband to use in Austria when we go in February 2014 so haven't used them yet, but they look sturdy and practical. This is why I can't give a higher rating as yet. I will also be able to use them in this country when we have snow!

Noisy Train Book (Farmyard Tales)
Noisy Train Book (Farmyard Tales)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Jan. 2014
Same style book as the Noisy Zoo and just as good. Our 15 month old grandson loves this book. He can press all the buttons himself to make the sounds of the trains and the other things in the story.The pictures are lovely too.

Noisy Zoo
Noisy Zoo
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Noisy Zoo (Board book)
We bought this book for our 15 month old grandson. He loves it. The pictures are lovely and the sounds are realistic and easy for him to use too. A big hit.

Gaudi. The Complete Buildings
Gaudi. The Complete Buildings
by Rainer Zerbst

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 9 Jan. 2014
I bought this for a Christmas present for my Daughter. She is delighted with it. It has lovely pictures of the very unusual buildings that she saw whilst on holiday so it brought back happy memories.