Profile for mollynew442 > Reviews

Adidas Supernova Sequence 6 Running Shoes - 8
Adidas Supernova Sequence 6 Running Shoes - 8
Offered by ATU Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 5 Jun. 2016
Loving these trainers! They fit like a dream and are so comfy. I recently got back into running and found that when running over 10km my feet kept blistering. I tried Nike and another style of Adidas but had little improvement. Then I read a few reviews and went for these. I have run several half marathons with not even the slightest rubbing visible. I train on road, canal paths and in woodland and these trainers have performed well on all of them. Even the colour is growing on me! Have now ordered my second pair. Would never have written a review of running shoes but these are simply brilliant and have rekindled my love of running.

Fack ju goehte
Fack ju goehte
Dvd ~ Elyas M'Barek
Offered by RAPIDisc

4.0 out of 5 stars Hat mir gefallen, 5 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Fack ju goehte (DVD)
I heard of this film thanks to a German teacher I met this year. The plot is very simple and the German is easy to follow although I have picked up a few new swear words! Not sure the 12 rating is entirely suitable. The film is funny and the acting is great. It gets 4 stars as the ending was so predictable.

Red White & Crue
Red White & Crue
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars My first taste of the Crue, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Red White & Crue (Audio CD)
In 1991 at the age of 14 I purchased my first CD which was GNR's Appetite for Destruction. That album (which I still play today) set me off on a journey of discovery into the world of rock music. I have explored bands from across six decades but for some reason had always avoided the Crue probably because they seemed to be better known for their off stage antics than for their music. At long last I took the plunge and went for a Greatest Hits album to see if I had been right to ignore them. Having listened to these 18 tracks on repeat for the last three weeks I truly regret not getting into this band much earlier. The opening track "Live Wire" sounds a little dated but must have astonishing when released back in 1981. The band's influence upon other rock groups is apparent throughout. As well as GNR (Shout at the Devil), I can hear some of my favourite groups such as Skid Row and Slipknot. If you like ACDC you'll appeciate this band. The early stuff is great such as Looks that Kill with its fantastic guitar work and Piece of your Action but the later material is just as impressive. A personal highlight is the previously unreleased "Black Widow". There is a 2 disc release of this album with another 18 songs including covers of the Sex Pistols and the Rolling Stones. I will definitely be delving into their back catalogue. So sorry I missed them.

Pirates of the Caribbean  - Black Pearl Pirate Ship Playset
Pirates of the Caribbean - Black Pearl Pirate Ship Playset

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic.....as long as you don't touch it., 20 Jan. 2014
Bought this as my son loves pirates. It looks great on the box and once built it is pretty impressive. The trouble is as soon as you start to play with it some part of the ship will come crashing down. The masts are a disaster as the slightest knock sends them flying and you can spend ages trying to attach the rigging only for it to ping off when you make the ship change direction. The idea is that you can slip the deck across to access beneath. However in reality it's so rigid and requires more strength than a young child has that you'll constantly hear, "Dad, can you move the deck please?" Even for an adult it seems brute strength is the only option and as you slide the deck out, watch the masts and rigging you just spent 20 minutes fixing, fall overboard. It's got some nice touches such as cannons which fire, doors that open and a light which when shone on parts of the boat, makes eerie symbols and messages visible. You get one figure which doesn't really allow the pirate fights we were hoping for and the extra figures are pretty expensive. Really wish I had done a bit more research before buying this. On the rare occasions when we do play with it we have to treat it very gently. Not really what boys or pirates want to do. Looks good but not practical. Pretty ship really.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant 50ml (Packaging varies)
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant 50ml (Packaging varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Elizabeth Arden !, 14 Jan. 2014
This cream has been a real eye opener for me - literally ! Over the summer my eye lids and the skin around my eyes became extremely red and flaky and very sore. I assumed it was really bad hayfever but as it persisted through to September I decided to seek advice. My doctor told me it was eczema and I should use a steroid cream for a week which I tried only for the symptoms to flare up as soon as I stopped using the cream. I went to the opticians and was diagnosed with Blepharitis. It can occur at any age and accounts for 1 in 20 eye problems.I was told that the condition cannot be cured but can be controlled with a routine of bathing in hot water for 15 minutes and washing in baby shampoo. This tedious process took up half an hour of my day and did not make a great difference. I read on a website that someone swore by EA 8 hour cream and thought I'd give it a go. Within 2 days (morning and night application) my symptoms were gone ! I use it sparingly whenever I feel a tingle or my eyes look red and I've been symptom free for over 3 months. Couldn't tell you what it's really supposed to be for but it's been a real help for me.

Live in Chile 2005
Live in Chile 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars PJ on fine form., 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Live in Chile 2005 (Audio CD)
As there is no information about this recording I'll try and help people out. You get 19 great PJ tracks over two discs which were recorded in Santiago on 22nd November 2005. The box is nice and opens up to reveal a picture of Ed with a short overview of the band inside. The sound quality is fantastic and the band are on form throughout. Great setlist too although a little short by their high standards and offering no surprises. This was the band's first South American tour and they were keen to give the crowds as many of the PJ hits as possible. "Not for You" is particularly impressive with its Sleater Kinney outro and "Even Flow" is stunning. "Daughter" is given the Blitzkreg Pop ending and the performance of "Save You" is first class. For some reason the second encore which can be seen on YouTube is not included on this recording. The set list is :
CD 1 - Release / Corduroy / Last Exit / Do the Evolution / Given to Fly / I am Mine / Grievance /Elderly Woman Behind the Counter / Even Flow.
CD2 - Lukin / Not For You / Daughter / Down / Jeremy / Save You / Go / Better Man / Black / Alive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 3:22 PM GMT

Live: 18-6-00 Salzburg City Square - Salzburg
Live: 18-6-00 Salzburg City Square - Salzburg
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Salzburg - A definite five star, 12 Jan. 2014
The Salzburg gig begins with one of the most underrated of PJ's songs - the beautiful Sometimes. The band are in great form and Eddie's voice is amazing as demonstrated early on on the back to back Breakerfall and Grievance. It is a great setlist with 27 songs over two discs lasting just under two and a quarter hours.Corduroy is a highlight with Eddie's voice full of emotion and the neat guitar outro which make it far superior to the original studio recording. Daughter becomes Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and "Leatherman" makes a rare appearance on the setlist. My favourite PJ track "Rearview Mirror" is particularly stunning when performed live and this time is no exception. "Insignificance" is a lot angrier than I recall the album version is and leads into Eddie having a pop at the recent Austrian elections. The only weak song for me is "Gods'Dice" but I have never liked it and I'm sure other fans would rate it higher. Overall a great concert with excellent sound quality. Loads of classic PJ and minimal inter song talk. Just missing Yellow Ledbetter and Jeremy for the perfect set.

Live in Buenos Aires 1992
Live in Buenos Aires 1992

5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of history, 12 Jan. 2014
At last an early Nirvana gig at a great price and in its entirety. I'd read about this concert in several Cobain biographies as the band were deeply aggrieved with the audience for booing off their support act "Calamity Jane". Throughout the concert the band seek to annoy and tease the crowd. Opener "Nobody knows I'm New Wave" is described on the CD as a jam and the lyrics are clearly being improvised on the spot with Cobain shouting that he can defecate on stage and on their heads ! I feel he's claiming that as part of Nirvana he could play anything and get away with it while the previous act was unfairly sent packing. Whatever the case he doesn't sound too happy. Twice the band play the intro to "Smells like Teen Spirit" before heading off into other songs. A kind of "Here's what you could have had" as the band choose not to give the audience their best known tune. The sound quality isn't too bad considering it is not an official release but is obviously inferior to most of the live recordings on the box sets, Reading and Muddy Banks releases. However the appeal of owning this concert is that you add a piece of history to your collection. This is one of the greatest rock bands of the last 40 years at the height of their fame on great form. The setlist is fantastic (aside from the deliberate exclusion of Teen Spirit) and the band sound heavier and angrier than on the studio albums. Songs such as Breed and Drain You are taken to a new level and as each song flies by you realise how great a live act these guys were. The whole gig (which is only 58 minutes long) can be watched on You Tube. Come As you Are is one of several comedy moments with Cobain either forgetting the lyrics or perhaps just choosing to grunt his way through the first verse. Also check out the mock techno introduction to Been a Son ! A fantastic addition to any Nirvana collection.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2016 7:32 AM GMT

Wellwater Conspiracy
Wellwater Conspiracy
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found this !, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wellwater Conspiracy (Audio CD)
I discovered this album via the Pearl Jam website which documents the side projects of the band's members. Drummer Matt Cameron founded Wellwater Conspiracy in 1993 along with other members of his band Hater and they went on to record four studio albums. This eponymous album is their fourth and was released in 2003. The band sound nothing like Pearl Jam or Soundgarden so don't come here expecting more of the same. Track 1 "Wimple Witch" has a 60s feel to it and is a catchy pop/rock song. Cameron's vocals are at times Jagger-esque and he really can sing ! Track 2 "Galaxy 265" recalls the flower-power era before the brooding bass line of "Night Sky" kicks in. For me this is one of the highlights of the album. With a nod back to the 1970s and yet retaining a Seattle sound (so hard to explain!) it shows that this band are a lot more than just a side project. What it lacks in originality the album makes up for in variety. Tracks 4 and 5 "Dragonwyck" and "Sea Miner" have a more contemporary sound while Track 6 "Rebirth" is a little slice of electronica and totally different to the rest of the album. Track 7 is a cover version of "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman from 1969. While faithful to the original for the most part, the band tweak it slightly with a an electronic/drum break half way through. Track 8 "Sullen Glacier" is a great rock instrumental with a Smashing Pumpkins sound to it, while Track 9 "Crow Revolt" makes me think of Crowded House. As I say this album is a real mixed bag! Track 10 "My Darker Bongo" is somewhere between The Rolling Stones and Love before the album closes with the dark instrumental "Dresden Overture" where I'm hearing Pink Floyd and Kid A Radiohead. It's unusual, sometimes trippy, sometimes poppy, sometimes rocky but always really good. Thoroughly recommended.

Crimson Tonight
Crimson Tonight

4.0 out of 5 stars Stone Roses Live, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Crimson Tonight (Audio CD)
A rare opportunity to purchase live Stone Roses music. This 4 track recording was recorded in 1995 at the Feile Festival in Ireland. This EP was released only in Australia and Japan. The music is all from the Second Coming album and finds the band in great form. The vocals are not great but you could argue they never were. Ian Brown's voice seemed to suit the early Roses material and songs like I am the Resurrection and Waterfall are rightly Indie classics. On the later stuff when the guitars came to the fore and the style of music changed I feel the vocals sound out of place. I love the Roses but aside from Love Spreads feel The Second Coming marked an end to their magic. Nevertheless this EP is a piece of history capturing one of the final gigs from one of our most important bands. A nice addition to the collection but unlikely to be played more than once.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6