Profile for biggest Joni fan ever > Reviews

Content by biggest Joni f...

biggest Joni fan ever "itsallaboutthemusic"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
A Night on the Town (2009 Remaster)
A Night on the Town (2009 Remaster)
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod never disappoints!, 26 Sept. 2013
I have always been a fan of Rod Stewart and I am now collecting a lot of his old stuff (plus his latest album). ''A Night on the Town'' is a valuable addition to my collection and it's been a pleasure to listen to it again.

What's Going On: The Life & Death Of [DVD] [2005]
What's Going On: The Life & Death Of [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Marvin Gaye

5.0 out of 5 stars A ''must'' for fans of Marvin Gaye, 26 Sept. 2013
One of the best documentaries of one of the best soul singers of all time. A ''warts and all'' look at Marvin Gaye, his music and his life.

Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons
Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 26 Sept. 2013
Max Richter's Vivaldi (recomposed). Very good indeed. One of the best purchases I have made for a while. I have album up to date from Max Richter and this one is different but just as good.

Live At The Warfield 10th March 1990 Expanded Edition
Live At The Warfield 10th March 1990 Expanded Edition
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars A great live album, 26 Sept. 2013
A very good live album comprising of two discs. Todd Rundgren does a tribute to Marvin Gaye - one word - brilliant!

Hearts And Minds
Hearts And Minds
by Amanda Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars I just LOVED this novel!, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Hearts And Minds (Paperback)
Having just finished this novel I wanted to leave a review to let other interested readers know about it .. and I see that many got there before me!
I loved this book. I had never heard of Amanda Craig before but now I want to go on to read everything else she has ever written.
''Hearts and Minds'' is a well written novel concerning a number of people living in London. It has a political backdrop - the National Health, the Immigration situation, an inner city school, the plight of many teachers - all the things that are under the microscope in every city up and down the UK today .. but probably magnified in London. Craig deftly draws each character, fleshing them out and giving the reader an insight into each and every one of them. Some are delightful, others most certainly aren't but she entices you and makes you want to know more. I couldn't put the book down once I had started it and then I was sad when I had finished it because nothing is going to measure up to it for a while.
If you, like me, haven't read any of Amanda Craig's novels, start today by ordering this one - you won't be disappointed. It is worth all the five star ratings it has received.

Great British Railway Journeys - Series 1 BBC [DVD] [2010]
Great British Railway Journeys - Series 1 BBC [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Marc Beers
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series, 19 Dec. 2012
Wonderful! I have watched all the series on BBC but I enjoyed them so much that I have ordered the DVDs to watch all over again ... And it has actually made me want to take a few train journies just for the pleasure! If you didn't manage to catch the various episodes on TV - do buy the whole set.

Bloom
Bloom

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
Pleasant but not anything to get excited about. Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times but so far, when I have played it, it has remained mainly background music.

Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 6 (AA)
Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 6 (AA)
by AA Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 18 Dec. 2012
Fantastic photography. The book is a pleasure to own. I love the layout of the book and, although it is the first volume I have bought in this series, I am now tempted to buy some of the earlier editions.

Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Utter rubbish! I had great hopes for this film as I like a number of the cast (or at least I have done in previous films). I was not able to produce a smile from beginning to end. The whole film was so heavy handed and trying SO hard to be ''funny'' that it just fell flat. Could not/would not recommend it.

Cuisinart SSB1U Soup Maker, Black
Cuisinart SSB1U Soup Maker, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of kitchen equipment, 5 Dec. 2011
We purchased the cusinart soup maker/blender recently and it has been one of our favourite purchases to date. I couldn't think of anything nicer in the winter months than to come home and be able to make home made tasty soup in half an hour or thereabouts. We have tried many of the recipes already and they have all turned out very well - and piping hot too. I couldn't recommend this soup maker/blender too highly!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10