Profile for D. Mclaughlin > Reviews

Content by D. Mclaughlin

D. Mclaughlin (UK, London)

Page: 1 | 2
SWAT 4: Gold Edition (PC)
SWAT 4: Gold Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the finest squad based simulators....are you SWAT?, 13 July 2014
Had this game for a number of years and misplaced the discs so ended up buying it again. I used to be in a clan for this game with well over 15 members and these guys played it so well on comms in TS. It really made the game what it should be a team coordinated game. Graphically at the time was leading edge. Now with some tweaks in then.ini file can still look pretty decent. The add on pack is a must. Running games with lethal or non lethal weapons is such a brilliant challenge. Shotgun with bean bags, paintball gun with pepper spray pellets and gazers. Then the regular array of lethal weapons, M4 and the classic, MP5 and LMG's. I always hoped that a newer revised edition would appear on the shelves.

It offers very unique gameplay and a very solid gaming experience, think I played it last year some time and there was still a reasonable amount of servers still running it. Will still run fine on LAN and possibly if enough of your mates have it, run via hamachi. As gamespy is now completely dead so there will no longer be any internal browser game support. Game Ranger might support it but I haven't checked.

More of a dip into game for nostalgia now really. Developers looking to create a perfect LE type game should look here and maybe take inspiration. The missions and the simplicity of some made it brilliant. Taking pure caution in approaching a door, placing a camera under the door to see what suspects where in the room. Should you bang and flash.. ? Gas? or just enter quietly....by picking the lock? Does the door need to be removed with C4 due to a rapid entry. Dynamic missions made this game so replayable......

An absolute classic, that may well be past it's sell by date now but definitely one worth visiting if you like strategy games. Has a taste of ravenshield but is possibly like it's older brother.

MoKo Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Inch SM-T3100 / SM-T3110 Android Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Auto Wake / Sleep Feature)
Offered by BSCstore EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cover for the money., 13 July 2014
Bought this for my mother as a stocking filler to go with her samsung galaxy. Suitably impressed by the quality of it to be honest. Lovely little booklet. Fits the tablet perfectly and is really well made. Little magnet ensures it closes and stays closed, with a comforting snap. For the money you cannot go wrong really.

Zanussi ZAN3913 2100 Watt Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Zanussi ZAN3913 2100 Watt Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great powerful Vac., 12 July 2014
Ok now I know quite a few of my reviews start with 'I bought this for my mum as a gift' but I can still pass comment on it's use. As she calls me regularly to let me know how great it is.

Over the years my mum has had lots of different vacuum systems from VAX through to Kirby, she likes stuff to be clean.
So I looked around for a powerful vac that was light, as she has arthritis now. So I clocked this. I thought zanussi did washing machines...so I looked around and decided to give it a go. I think it is quite an awesome looking vac to be fair it is also light and very very powerful, it's suction is adjustable so works well for my mother.

All in all a great purchase as over 2 years down the line my mum is still banging on about it.

LG BD560 BD Blu-ray Player featuring LG Netcast & 1080p Upscaling
LG BD560 BD Blu-ray Player featuring LG Netcast & 1080p Upscaling

5.0 out of 5 stars It does a great Job in upscaling DVD's and really does improve the ..., 12 July 2014
Bought this a while ago for my mother as she loves to watch DVD's. Mainly Columbo!

Went LG as she has an LG tv and I think they are a decent manufacturer. She has had it well over 3 years now and it is still going strong. It does a great Job in upscaling DVD's and really does improve the visual quality. If my mum notices then it does a good job, trust me. The remote is clear enough for my mum to use. She is well into her 60's now and the biggest techophobe that I know of. We have only just got her on email, even though she writes her email in the subject filed. Think that is down to the tablet we bought her.

Anyways, it is a simple player to use and delivers great quality.

WMA Clip On Book Reading Light Bright LED Lamp Booking For Amazon Kindle 3 3G WIFI
Offered by GOMARK

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic is poor quality and very creaky, 12 July 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for my girlfriend last Christmas. It hasn't really lasted that long. Initially it was a bright light and the overly long neck of the light looked to be problematic in use with her kindle. Plastic is poor quality and very creaky. Changing batteries is actually a real choir. The plastic has started to shred where the screws go in and in tightening it up just spin for eternity. Getting one of the two batteries out is beyond ridiculous.

as a light it functions, it is bright but then will need to change the batteries out after a short amount of time, due to the brightness possibly. This becomes problematic. If it was purchased a s a gift for my mother, there we be no chance of her changing the batteries. It might have been a faulty product but I doubt it. There isn't much to these lights all things considered. To recap, not a bad light but power consumption is too great as requires battery changes quite often. Especially if you read every night for half an hour to an hour. The neck is quite long and flimsy but does work. I'm just a little sad it was bought as a little gift but had to be replaced 3 months later.

Catskill Original Butchers Block Oil - for all kitchen wooden ware & soapstone
Catskill Original Butchers Block Oil - for all kitchen wooden ware & soapstone
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality oil for use with bamboo boards., 12 July 2014
Bought this to use on my bamboo chopping board. You only need to use a small to moderate amount per application really. It would be dependant upon the size of the board. Once applied it really does restore the woods natural look instantly. However this does subside a little as it soaks through into the wood. It is supposed to be odourless and tasteless. Personally I let it soak in then after a couple of hours run a dry cloth over to it pick up any remaining residue.

The bottle looks small but it does actually last quite a while. I'm using it on a fairly large board
and after 4 applications well over half the bottle left.

Morphy Richards Accents 48738 Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Black
Morphy Richards Accents 48738 Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 12 July 2014
First slow cooker I have ever bought. For the money you really cannot grumble. Put in your prepared casserole chilli or whatever switch it on and leave it to cook. Really useful for today's busy lifestyle, as you can cook dishes whilst busy around the house. Plus casseroles etc can last a day or two or even freeze them. I have only made beef bourguignon and lamb tagines with it so far but the meat has always been so tender and the flavours that develop are amazing.

The actual cooker is super light, the removable ceramic pot is what gives it the weight. You can even use the pot itself to serve the dish up on the dining table. Pretty basic as it goes as the low, medium and high settings are all you need to get to grips with. I' m not sure if there are preset temperatures across the board for slow cookers. I tried to reference the settings and what temperatures they produce but couldn't find anything in the manual.

Adorn Bamboo Chopping Board, Xtra Large
Adorn Bamboo Chopping Board, Xtra Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid board with a beautiful finish., 12 July 2014
Bought this as a gift for my mum in her new kitchen. She very rarely uses it so I now have it at home. Such a beautiful bit of wood. Love it. To keep it nice and healthy it needs to be oiled periodically. Opinions vary from weekly to once a month, possibly depending on the oil but it keeps the wood healthy and prevents splitting.

The board is solid and pretty heavy but is a lovely surface to chop on. I use a non slip mat under it to make sure there is nil movement when I chop. Nothing much more to say really other than extremely pleased with it and it is a solid well made board. It took me a while to actually use it daily because it looks so good I just didn't want to spoil it. It is however very hard wearing and 2 years down the line not showing much wear.

Mexican Food Made Simple
Mexican Food Made Simple
by Thomasina Miers

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't badger on but if you love wahaca you will love this book, 11 July 2014
I won't badger on but if you love wahaca you will love this book. The recipes are straight forward and now have been adopted as my own. I'm addicted to Mexican food now. The pink pickled onions are just amazing and have them with the autumn tacos. I cannot rate this book enough. You have to make the Hot chorizo salad with butternut squash and baby tomatoes. Such unique flavour combinations simply awesomeness on a plate. Everything I have made has been amazing. Even the tomato rice...

Oh and the Chipotles en Adobo is fruit of the gods. Have it with everything, on its own as a dip with mayo or dollop some in a chilli or in the tomato sauce and cook some meatballs in it.

It's a must buy....I want to go to Mexico !!

Military Survival Bivi Bag Olive Green with SOS Instructions
Military Survival Bivi Bag Olive Green with SOS Instructions
Offered by General Stores Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty durable material and will revert back to its original ..., 11 July 2014
I bought this with the sole intention of using it as a rucksack liner for a weekend away as it was forecast to be wet.
Folded it over on itself twice it fits with lots of room in a 120 litre British Army Bergen.

Pretty durable material and will revert back to its original use as a SURVIVAL bivvi bag, If ever required. Could also cut it at the edges and use to to make a rough bivvi shelter/tarp, it's pretty big.

Anyway, not a bad product really I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.

Page: 1 | 2