Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Richard

Page: 1 | 2
God Wants You Well: (despite what you may have heard...)
God Wants You Well: (despite what you may have heard...)

5.0 out of 5 stars It will change you!, 23 April 2014
This book is primarily about healing, although it covers so much more. It is about life, about faith and believing in what Christ has done for us. Roarke writes in a very easy to understand, conversational type of way, which is really refreshing. I do not read many books, but I am glad that I read this one. I share many of the same views as the author, so it was not a complete life-changer for me, but it was good to help get all of my thoughts and ideas in order. I think that most Christians will find this to be a major game-changer, as it does go against many ideas that have crept into Christian practices. This takes us back to scripture and explains what Jesus intended us to know. It is easy to understand, yet contains plenty of scripture references and original words used, which makes it suitable for all readers.

Hq Trendy hook-on-ear Black headphone. iPod, MP3 Player headphones with ear hooks. Water resistant.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, poor sound quality, 22 Feb. 2012
I bought these because my current earphones come loose or fall out of my ears fairly often while I am running.

When I tried these at home, I found the sound quality to be "tinny" and the pieces that go around the ear are rather flimsy. I have therefore stuck with my old earphones for the time being, until I find another option.

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, BUT, 19 July 2011
We bought this product recently, as the neighbourhood cat would come in and eat our cat's food and obviously our cat did not like another one in his territory. Although this product (and similar ones) are really expensive, we have found it to be worth it, so far. The product seems to work as it says; it was easy to register our cat's microchip, and we found we didnt need to buy the extra mounting adaptor or tunnel extender products.

There is one minor issue in that sometimes when our cat is outside, he likes to stick his head in and lift the flap up, to have a look around, but he doesn't actually go through. This results in the latch not shutting properly, as it has not been opened and closed with the usual full force. This could mean that another cat could try it's luck and get in the house (although we are hoping that because they've seen that they can no longer just come in, they won't try).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 5:03 PM BST

Battlefield of the Mind [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Battlefield of the Mind [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Bible-based teaching, 4 July 2011
We haven't even finished the DVD yet but we cay say that Joyce's message is true, powerful, practical and, most importantly, Bible-based. If you are looking for material relating to this topic, I would highly recommend this DVD.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice & comfy, 4 July 2011
Review from my wife: I really like these pyjama bottoms. They are soft, comfortable and feminine and the price is great!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, could be better, 4 July 2011
Review from my wife who ordered these tops: While they are nice, they did start stretching out quite quickly. The stretching is not too bad though, and usually putting them in the wash helps.

Orthopaedic Seat Cushion 45cm x 38cm Helps Relieve Back Ache Discomfort Numbness

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 4 July 2011
I bought this item, as I was going on a very long trip overseas and I find plane seats very uncomfortable when on a trip 10 hours or more. I did find that it brought my rear end a bit of comfort and made sitting in such a long-haul flight more bearable. The price was really good too, and I am glad I purchased it. The only negative thing is that for such a long journey (3 flights totalling 24 hours) it was pretty flat by the time I was halfway through, but it does re-gain its size/shape, so I was able to use it for the flights back home.

Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - AE-1000W-1BVEF
Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - AE-1000W-1BVEF

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with this watch, 15 April 2011
I don't really know what to say other than it does exactly what it says it does, it is light weight and it is fairly simple to use (referring to the instructions). You never really know what you are in for buying something online, but this watch has impressed me and I wouldn't change it. If you travel overseas or need to know international times for some reason, then this is very handy! The alarms, countdown, stopwatch etc are also all very useful, but the world time is my favourite. It even takes daylight savings time into consideration so it is very useful.

And If Our God Is For Us
And If Our God Is For Us
Offered by Re-vived

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Chris Tomlin album ever!, 15 April 2011
I am a huge Chris Tomlin fan and have bought all of his albums (since Arriving) and was a bit worried when this album came out, because I was afraid that it wouldn't be as good as the others. It is a bit of a let down when you get so excited about a new album of one of your favourite artists and it doesn't live up to your expectations. Well, this album didn't let me down at all! I believe this to be some of Tomlin's best work to date and is my favourite album of his! I have now made my own "Chris Tomlin's Greatest Hits" CD for my car, picking what I believe to be his best tracks, and there are more songs from this album than any other. If you want good worship music, you have to buy this album!

Aura DU080496 1.5" 2GB Flash Memory MP3 Player -Silver
Aura DU080496 1.5" 2GB Flash Memory MP3 Player -Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars item lasted 2 months, 22 Mar. 2011
Unfortunately I don't have anything good to say about this product. Try and spend a few more pounds and get something better. Firstly, the sound quality through the earphones was so poor, I had to use the earphones of an old mp3 player which did help, but there was too much treble and even with the different style options of Pop, Rock, Classic, etc., it still was not as good as it should have been. Also, the earpieces were small and round and didn't fit too comfortably into my ears (perhaps this affected the treble/base balance?).

Navigating my way through the menu options was a little confusing, as the menu button does different things if the song is paused or if it's playing. The buttons on the player were not silent and made a noticeable 'click' each time they were pressed. I am not sure if this is a common occurrance, but the player re-arranges the orders of the folders and songs even if they are numbered.

Now, 2 months later, after plugging the device into my laptop and uploading a new folder of tracks, the player has completely malfunctioned - the volume button does not work, the scrolling buttons don't work, the menu button does not work and the play/pause button functions as the menu button. I have given up with this product and am going to have to buy something else as a replacement. I wish I'd kept the receipt so I could at least try and get my money back! I don't know if each product is like this or if I was just really unfortunate and got the one bad apple in the batch.

Page: 1 | 2