Profile for Tribal Spaceman > Reviews

Content by Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman (North Wales, UK)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY - MAJOR DESIGN FAULT, 2 Sept. 2014
Just a quick heads-up for those of you thinking of buying this case - don't. Despite Spigen doing a good job of designing this in many areas, it is let down by a ridiculously flimsy hinge which will break within a couple of months of moderate use.

I have had a couple of replacements from Spigen which have each lasted me two or three months, but as of today September 2nd they are refusing to send any more, or even refund me.

Here's what they had to say:

"As this is not a common issue and your cases has developed crack and broke in the same place for the second time this must be something to do with how you are wearing the case therefore im afraid we would not be able to offer exchange. The best we can offer is slight discount from any new purchase. Please let me know if you are interested!"

They claim this is not a common issue but a quick look at the 1-star or 2-star reviews here on Amazon proves this to be false. Also the design of the hinge has been altered on the latest models which does offer a little improvement, so they are clearly aware their product is not up to standard.

I want to love this case, I want to support Spigen too, but their customer service team are lying in order to cover their tracks and that's just wrong.

Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black
Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great - for a few weeks, 11 April 2013
Don't get me wrong, this extended battery worked very well at first. I was getting about six hours on a single charge on the first day, which increased to 11-12 after a couple of weeks, which was fantastic.

Then suddenly - nothing. When I put it in my phone now, it says it is dead. If I attempt to charge it, nothing happens. If I switch my phone on while it is inserted, it says the battery level is at 0%, which is impossible.

Scooby Doo: Curse of the Lake Monster - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robbie Amell

1.0 out of 5 stars Digital Copy has "expired" as if it was a piece of fruit?, 9 Jan. 2013
Please forgive me for not commenting on the movie, but this appears to be the only way I can submit feedback about this item.

This movie is sold as a Triple Play, containing a Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital Copy of the film, but upon attempting to access the digital copy a message has come up to say that it has now 'expired'. I do not understand how this is even a possibility.

I am all too familiar with limited offers when it comes to buying Blu-Rays or DVDs, but these are usually advertised via a sticker which is easily removable once the promotion is over, and NOT as part of the packaging.

If the cover of this movie had said that it was a Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD), and then a sticker or paper insert proclaimed that a bonus digital copy was available for a limited period, then that would be understandable, but that is not how they have done it.

I have bought a specifically-labelled "Triple Play", so I should be entitled to this, in the same way that I am entitled to the DVD and Blu-Ray copies of the film. Obviously it is Warner Brothers that are to blame here, and I wonder how they think this is fair?

I would love to hear from other people in a similar position. This is extremely shady practice from Warners.

Anker® 2 x 1900mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S2 II, 9100, 9100G, with Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, but doesn't last..., 13 Nov. 2012
At first I loved this little charger, and the two batteries offered an improvement on the standard battery. However, a few months after I purchased them I got an email from the seller to say my charger may be faulty and that they were sending me a replacement. I CAN'T FAULT THEM ON THIS as it arrived quickly. However, the replacement did not last very long, and since the summer (of 2012) I have had to buy a new, different charger, as it stopped working completely.

The batteries also stopped being efficient, with each one lasting only a few hours. I have noticed that despite the on-screen meter saying 50%, they will soon die after that.

So basically, if you're lucky you will get six months out of this set. Enjoy it while it lasts, as when it does last, it's great. But in the longterm, you're gonna need to buy replacements.

This is clearly a product error, not a seller's error, so I hope they look into this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 5:46 AM GMT

Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS)
Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Sonic game in years!, 25 Nov. 2011

If you grew up playing the Sonic series you will immediately feel right at home, as this takes our favourite blue hedgehog right back to his roots with a high-speed side-scrolling platform adventure that's been given a 21st century makeover thanks to the power of the 3DS.

Each level is split into three stages: Classic, Modern and Special. Unlike the PS3 and 360 versions of the game which give you both side-scrolling and free-roaming versions of the same areas to explore, the 3DS version sticks to the retro side-scrolling gameplay we all know and love. Rest assured though, that the Modern levels do feel very different to the Classic ones, thanks to Sonic's arsenal of extra moves and some very nifty camera angles which really make this game stand out from the crowd. After these have been cleared you are given the option of a Special stage, and Megadrive fans will feel right at home with this as it's a race to collect a Chaos emerald. Completing the main stages also opens up Boss levels, with a variety of returning foes including Dr Robotnik and Metal Sonic, to name but two.

Unlike some titles on Nintendo's latest handheld console the 3D effect actually adds to this game. There is a great sense of depth and speed when the 3D is cranked up to the max. I think I've given myself a headache now though, been playing it a bit too much!

The only things I dislike about this game is that it is so short, and the cutscenes are badly done. I have only had it a day and am already 2/3 of the way through the main mode, but there are missions and side quests to unlock so replay value seems to be pretty high. And it's so much fun to play anyway. As for the cutscenes I was expecting something Dreamcast quality, with voice acting, but instead they are boring and mostly text based apart from the odd laugh or "hey". Thankfully they are skippable anyway.

Another thing to point out is that apart from one or two boss battles, and the inclusion of the iconic Green Hill Zone, this game is completely different to the PC, PS3 and 360 version of the title. A whole different set of levels have been brought to life on the 3DS, including Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure and Mushroom Hill from Sonic and Knuckles, so if you're a big Sonic fan you might want to check out the other version of this game on one of the home consoles too.

So, well done SEGA. A great game. Now how's about a 3D port of Sonic Adventure with enhanced graphics?