Profile for Yvonne Kettler > Reviews

Content by Yvonne Kettler

Yvonne Kettler "Yvonne" (Bournemouth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pampers Simply Dry Size 4 (Maxi) Economy 2 x Packs of 50 Nappies--100 Nappies
Pampers Simply Dry Size 4 (Maxi) Economy 2 x Packs of 50 Nappies--100 Nappies

1.0 out of 5 stars False economy, 5 April 2011
I bought these after reading favourable reviews online. I thought they would save me a bit of money what with being half the price of normal pampers nappies. They are a false economy - I have to change my DD's nappy every hour to avoid having to change her clothes because the nappies leak so badly. They are very thin and hardly absorb anything. Since she has been wearing them - about 3 days I have had to completely change her outfit due to leaking every day. Save your money and buy proper pampers nappies.

Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
by Marie Mongan

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is intended to support people on a hypno-birthing course, 15 Sept. 2010
Useful if you are also doing the course she advocates. The book is intended to supplement the course and without doing the course it is not that practical more a theory book. A bit of a waste on money me thinks.

Swimming - Techniques in Action DVD
Swimming - Techniques in Action DVD
by Alan Lynn
Edition: DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 July 2010
I found this DVD to be really useful and inspiring. It has some great underwater footage as well.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sheep Apron
Sheep Apron
Offered by Epsom Bathroom Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but poor quality, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Sheep Apron (Kitchen & Home)
It made the recipient laugh for five mins but is pretty poor quality - 100% nylon I reckon.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2010 2:43 PM GMT

Moulin Roty Louna Baby Walker Trolley
Moulin Roty Louna Baby Walker Trolley

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but expensive for 'made in Korea', 19 July 2010
Will not topple over but was quite expensive considering it was made in Korea and not France as originally hoped.

Contour HardSkin iPhone 3G, Black
Contour HardSkin iPhone 3G, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but worth it, 19 July 2010
Good protective case - even though it is expensive but not as expensive as a new iphone.

Easy Baby Knits
Easy Baby Knits
by Claire Montgomerie

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Easy Baby Knits (Paperback)
I was so looking forward to receiving this book and to be honest I was really disappointed when it arrived. The patterns are not that useful - who needs or wants a knitted bib?? Who would put their baby in a scarf? The quality of the knitted finished items in pretty poor, I am a amatuer knitter and I think my finishing is better. I would recommend a Debbie Bliss book over and above this one. I had such high hopes for it and sadly I have not knitted a single item in the book.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars This left my skin horribly sticky for a good 24hrs, 14 July 2010
I will not be buying this again. It leaves a sticky clammy film over your skin which does not dry or soak in. Not a nice feeling.

The Crochet Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Crocheting
The Crochet Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Crocheting
by Sue Whiting

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, 2 Mar. 2010
I bought this book hoping that it would teach me to crochet. On the first page it has an introduction to the basic stitches and next to the words was a photo of a cardigan with ornate details with the caption 'make this now! Hardly likely! It frustrated me, the descriptions of how to do the stitches were incomplete and difficult to follow. This book is fine if you want some patterns but if you want to learn how to crochet then don't bother buying this book. (The patterns are pretty naff as well.)

Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey
Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey
by Rick Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 20 Oct. 2009
This is a fantastic recipe book. I bought a copy for a friend as well and we are slowly cooking our way through all the scrumptious recipes. The only slight niggle I have is that the receipes flit between listing ingredients by grams and then by teaspoon weight. This is a little disconcerting, especially when you don't have electronic scales. Aside from that minor moan it comes highly recommended from me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3