Profile for S.J > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal 100 Tablets
Bragg's Medicinal Charcoal 100 Tablets

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 26 Aug. 2015
Made my flatulence worse!

Zero In Cedarwood Clothes Moth Repellers (Effective Chemical-Free Clothing Moth and Larvae Repellent for the Home) - 20 Balls
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

2.0 out of 5 stars No evidence of Effectiveness, 2 July 2012
Having moths in your home may seem harmless, but it can be a nightmare at times. What started off as the occasional moth has now turned into dozens of moths in every corner of the house. We do not believe in using harsh chemicals, so we wanted to try a natural alternative.

We should have researched a little bit more about what effect cedar has on moths, and scientifically , there is none. The idea of using cedar to repel moths is purely anecdotal. CEDAR does NOT Repel Moths. But what it can do is mask the smell of wool ( however the smell must be strong enough in order mask it). So these are effectively useless, but I cannot fault the actual product it self as these are cedar balls, useful for whatever reason but not as a proper moth repellent

Well , until we can find another solution, the battle with the moths will continue...

Sennheiser HD 201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones for Studio, Performance Live and Djs - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but break easily, 1 July 2012
I was deciding whether to go with sennheiser or Sony headphones. After reading the reviews we chose these. The bass level in these headphones seemed quit low at first, but over time, I don't know if it was just me but the bass levels did increase.The sound is however quite clear and the sound quality generally acceptable ,

These headphones are in fact very comfortable , well fitted and fairly light and flexible.

The one thing that has left me dissapointed is that these look very sturdy but in fact aren't. The connecting headband to the speakers has a small swivel screw which breaks easily if small pressure is applied to it.

In Summary :

PROS
-acceptable sound quality
- very comfortable and easy to adjust

CONS
very easy to break
can get headphones at a fraction of the price with the same or better sound quality

Collins Gem French Dictionary (Collins Gem)
Collins Gem French Dictionary (Collins Gem)
by Kolektif

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Mar. 2012
This compact dictionary is essential for beginners or anyone doing GCSE French. It has a quick guide on how to use the dictionary, common phrases, irregular and common verbs and their different forms. The dictionary itself is relatively easy to use, containing all the words that you would need. I would definitely recommend! J'aime beaucoup.

World of Data? 3.5mm Jack Plug to 6.35mm Socket Adapter - Premium Quality - 24k Gold Plated - Male to Female - Audio - Adapter - Stereo
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works For Me!, 4 Feb. 2012
This item does what it says on the tin, an adaptor that will let a 3.5mm Jack Plug to 6.35mm. I used it promptly to connect my violin pickup to my computer effortlessly. It also has a tight, sturdy fit at both ends. I would definitely recommend. Me Gusta Mucho!

The 99 Most Essential Pieces of Classical Music
The 99 Most Essential Pieces of Classical Music

5.0 out of 5 stars All the classical music you'll ever need!, 26 Jan. 2012
This epic album includes all the best pieces of classical music ever made, though some of the some songs included I would disagree with, but the majority is good. I would definitely recommend! Me Gusta Mucho

Griffin Reflect For iPhone 3G
Griffin Reflect For iPhone 3G

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic!, 24 Jan. 2012
This is a great case that I am sure will definitely last! It comes with a screen protector and a cleaning cloth well, although the applying the screen protector didn't go to well for me. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone who wants a case that wont make their phone bulky and easily accessible when in your pocket, and at the same time looks great! Me Gusta Mucho!

Windsor Full Size 4/4 Violin Outfit Includes Light weight Zipped Case With Shoulder Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Jan. 2012
This is a good violin for beginners with a small budget. The violin arrived next day and fully intact, and packaged very well and with all the items. The actual violin comes set up apart from the bridge which is very easy to set up (I asked my violin teacher and she said it is meant to come with the bridge down!). The violin at first is definitely going to go out of tune because it has to settle down because it is new, after it has settled it will stay in tune fine (and when tuning you have to push the peg in and turn at the same time). The sound quality is quite good for a violin of this price. The colour and finish of it is quite good (as shown in my pictures). The bow is of good quality, and the case is very good and you actually get dark green velvet on the inside of the case, there is also a nice little space for you rosin. I would definitely recommend to a beginner violin player. Me gusta mucho!
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 31 Dec. 2011
These headphones are great value and good quality. After receiving them the next day I didn't expect them to be brilliant, but they are! I ordered them because I needed a pair of head phones to plug into my piano, and this had a suitable adapter to do the job. After plugging them in i was amazed at the quality of the bass, it was powerful and clear, but it was not so much that it overpowered all the other notes. The quality of the treble is fairly reasonable, but it would've been nice for the notes to be more crisp. After that I plugged the headphones into my iPhone, I was not hugely amazed as I have a separate pair for them but these are only £5. They do feel quite comfortable to wear, especially with the padding on the earpiece (although the leather on the over the head part has quite a cheapy polyester kind of plastic, but luckily the ear-part is made of good quality imitation leather) and they do get quite hot after a while, but that happens with most headphones. I really do imagine them lasting and would definitely recommend! Me Gusta Mucho!

SAMSUNG i9100 GALAXY S II SOLID BLACK "S" CURVE GEL CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN, WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!, 30 Dec. 2011
This is a brilliant ruggidised case that I am quite sure will resist drops and scratches. The material is a cross between rubber and plastic, on the other hand the screen protector is horrible, it is essentially a thin piece of plastic with glue on it. When I put it on there are tonnes of air bubbles. Would definitely recommend the case. Me Gusta Mucho!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5