Profile for selace > Reviews

Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978]
Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by Prime Steelbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Kurt Russell the best screen Elvis since Elvis!, 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978] (Blu-ray)
Highly recommended for all movie fans. This is the story of a legend. Kurt does Elvis justice in this excellent made biopic filmed not long after the King's demise. I'm sure Elvis would have been proud of Kurt's performance especially as it was Kurt who kicked Elvis in the shins in "It happened at the World's Fair".

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the film, loving the book., 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
Recommended for anyone who has a Kindle and has seen the film. This will bring back a lot of fond memories of the screen version.

Elvis Presley Signature Collection [DVD] [2011]
Elvis Presley Signature Collection [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Elvis Presley

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis's movies weren't so bad!, 26 Jan. 2013
Recommended for Elvis fans and all movies fans considering they were made in the 50's and 60's and compared with other films of that era they weren't so bad at all. They are colourful, entertaining and they made a lot of money for the King which he generously shared with friends, family and sometimes complete strangers. Through his films, good or bad, millions of fans got to see Elvis for very little money in their own home town and in recent years through the magic of TV, video and DVD, in their own homes.

NONSENSE FROM THE BIBLE
NONSENSE FROM THE BIBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars An eyeopener., 26 Jan. 2013
Having had many a crisis of faith, this book has put my mind at ease. If Brian is wrong, I'm sure the man upstairs will understand.

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - The Complete Series Four [DVD] [1964]
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - The Complete Series Four [DVD] [1964]
Dvd ~ Richard Basehart
Offered by Revelation Films Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! VTTBOTS in colour!, 26 Jan. 2013
Amazing colour version of the TV classic which I've only seen in black and white before. Love the nostalgia and the story lines. Well produced and well acted. One of the best shows of the sixties.

NOW IN ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN - FUSION5® 9.1" ECONOMY+ TABLET PC - CAPACITIVE 5-POINT 9.1-inch DISPLAY SCREEN - 16:9 SCREEN RESOLUTION - SLIMMEST VERSION CHEAPEST TABLET PC - PROMOTIONAL PRICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 2 Dec. 2012
I bought this tablet (it's my first)because of the budget price and the excellent reviews. It was pre-charged so I had it up and running within minutes of unpacking. Delivery was pretty fast too. It is so easy to use and my favorite app is Netflix. I bought the 32gb micro SD card and the case with built in keyboard. That is plenty of storage for my personal use (photos, videos and music)and the on board 8gb is plenty for my apps and Kindle. I never thought I could afford a tablet (you can spend £300 to £500) so this seemed a no loss opportunity (I could always return it if I didn't like it). I am very happy with my A1CS tablet so I will not be sending it back! Just one tip for storing your photos and music etc. Use a micro SD card in your laptop or desk top to transfer the data then insert the card into your tablet. You can then access your data from the File Manager icon, click on the SD card symbol and then follow the menu. At this low price you can't go wrong!

Sony BDPS390 SMART Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player
Sony BDPS390 SMART Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DVD player I ever bought., 21 Sept. 2012
I waited for months to buy a blu-ray player, read lots of reviews and studied lots of products. This one caught my attention and at £80 with a free HDMI lead and free delivery was too good to miss. Fast delivery from Amazon and when I unpacked it was surprised at how small it was. Quite easy to set up, best features are YouTube, Netflix and BBCiPlayer. Plays DVD's to near HD quality and Blu-rays to perfection. Not multi region so I'm waiting for a hack to fix that. Overall I am very pleased with my Sony BDP-S390 and glad I waited for something that ticked most of the boxes. Highly recommended for the non hi-tech person.

DIGIFLEX Volt Testing Digital Multimeter Voltmeter Ammeter AC DC Meter OHM for DIY
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Multimeter, 30 Mar. 2012
I bought this multimeter for my son (he is a computer engineer and needed a new one) as his birthday was coming up. I chose this model because I was impressed with the customer reviews (all positive). My son is delighted with his present, it ticks all the boxes and will be very useful both for his work and his hobbies. Many thanks for an excellent product and fast delivery.

Mirrorball Swing
Mirrorball Swing

5.0 out of 5 stars Glitter Punch is a knockout!, 31 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Mirrorball Swing (MP3 Download)
This is an amazing first album and needs to be heard nation wide or even world wide. My favorite track is "Mr Inventor" which was previously available as a single. I hope to hear more from this band in the future and will certainly download more tracks and albums as and when they are released. Well done Glitter Punch!

Smallville - Complete Season 1-10 [DVD] [2001]
Smallville - Complete Season 1-10 [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Tom Welling

5.0 out of 5 stars Super regrets, 7 Dec. 2011
Smallville is without doubt the best sci-fi series to hit the small screen. The stories were all amazing and the acting excellent. Lots of interesting characters and new ways of looking at the Superman legend. It's a shame it didn't develop into a new Superman TV series, which is one of my super regrets. The other one is that the series and the actors stayed away from the big screen. This new mythology would have made an excellent new franchise for a Superman film series and Tom Welling is to me the ultimate Clark Kent/Superman after Christopher Reeve. Better than Brandon Routh and newcomer Henry Cavill could ever be. Unfortunately, 10 years on, the actors age but Superman doesn't, so things become less believable. Well never mind, we can enjoy Smallville till time immemorial now thanks to the amazing 10 season box set which is only double the price of season 10!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6