Profile for sine nomine > Reviews

Content by sine nomine

sine nomine "Sine Nomine" (The United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Photo Guide Leipzig, Centre-ville: A Walk with Faust (Cities of Europe)
Photo Guide Leipzig, Centre-ville: A Walk with Faust (Cities of Europe)

1.0 out of 5 stars Merely a few photographs, 3 Sept. 2014
Just a collection of photos, some of buildings dating from the communist era.

Learn German With Stories: Café in Berlin - 10 Short Stories For Beginners
Learn German With Stories: Café in Berlin - 10 Short Stories For Beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars Klein now, Goethe to follow., 11 Jan. 2014
At last a First German Reader that gives me the belief that one day I will be able to read Goethe for pleasure. The stories are both enjoyable and encouragingly easy to read.

ButterFox Micro-Knit Fabric Tip Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus Pen For iPad / iPad2 /New iPad 3 / iPad 4 / iPad Mini / iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S / iPhone 5 / iPhone 3G / iPod Touch / HTC / Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 / Samsung Galaxy S2 S3 III /Galaxy Note /Nokia Lumia 920 /Microsoft Surface- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, practical, long-lasting., 28 Jun. 2013
STYLISH. Individually styled, unlike other stylii in it's price range.
PRACTICAL. The gel pen under the cap is so useful — always to hand.
LONG-LASTING. Unlike rubber-tipped styli which start to mark the screen once the glaze on the rubber wears off this one goes on and on.

The Homebrew Handbook: 75 recipes for the aspiring backyard brewer
The Homebrew Handbook: 75 recipes for the aspiring backyard brewer
by Dave Law

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will keep me brewing for several years, 4 Jun. 2013
One or two people have questioned some of the inaccuracies in this book but the only way to produce excellent beers (and you CAN produce them yourself using grains -- beers that equal anything you can drink in a pub), is to use the recipes and form your own opinions. All the recipes utilise ingredients that are easily available in the UK and Europe. There are enough recipes to keep me brewing for several years and, you never know, I may eventually be able to improve on them. One of the most practical books on brewing beer that I have seen.

Homebrew Favorites: A Coast-to-coast Collection of Over 240 Beer and Ale Recipes
by Karl F. Lutzen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not practical in this country., 31 May 2013
Homebrew Favorites is of little practical value to British and European all-grain brewers because many of the malts called for in these recipes are only obtainable in America and would be far too expensive to import. Some of the yeasts recommended are also unknown here. Furthermore temperatures are given in Fahrenheit only.

TRIXES 2 x Black Stylus Pens for Apple iPad, iPad AIR, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy, Tablets and all other Touch Screens Devices
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels good in the hand., 14 Oct. 2012
This stylus is identical in every way to those on sale for 99p except that, unlike the cheaper ones, this one is weighted and feels much more comfortable in the hand -- much like using a fountain pen (remember those?). The weight also makes it easier to use for typing, page turning etc.. Having used one for a month on my Nexus 7 I wouldn't wish to be without it; so much easier than using fingers which also leave smudges on the screen. I have now bought 2 more to use on my Kindle Touch and my iPod touch. They attach to the leather case when not in use so are unlikely to be easily lost. Well worth the extra cost in my view.

iRef Guides: German Grammar
iRef Guides: German Grammar

5.0 out of 5 stars First port of call for revision, 22 Jan. 2012
For the price, 132 pence this is excellent value for money. Contains all the basic rules of German grammar in a simple, concise format. No need to wade through section upon section of clause upon sub-clause such as are found in the most detailed grammar books, useful as these books are for the serious student.
Because it's so concise and in ebook format this will, for me, be a constant companion whenever I am studying German. I look forward to the German Vocabulary from the same author and publisher.

Cuisinart EM200U Espresso Coffee Maker Chrome
Cuisinart EM200U Espresso Coffee Maker Chrome

1.0 out of 5 stars Developed several faults, 21 Oct. 2011
Bought this from Amazon less than 2 years ago. After about 14 months water started to leak quite badly, whenever it was switched on, from the nozzle into the drip tray-- not only into the drip tray but also under it and onto the work surface. Then also from the bottom of the water tank to the rear of the machine. Lastly it stopped filling the coffee cups after about 3 seconds every time the buttons (manual, 1 cup and 2 cup) were pressed, requiring the machine to be switched off and on again. It took about 8 of these actions to fill a cappuccino cup. The machine was descaled 3 times while I had it. I found the same problems but no solutions from other Cuisinart users on the internet. I have now ordered an espresso maker through Amazon from Andrew James -- at one-third of the price of the Cuisinart, this one CANNOT be any worse. I will avoid Cuisinart in future.

Samsung Story Station 2.0TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Samsung Story Station 2.0TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars The on/off switch is ideal, 30 Sept. 2011
I have 2 of these drives, 2Tb and 1.5Tb which I use for storing DVDs and music files connected to my Mac. As I work full time on my computer during 'office hours' I only ever use these drives in the evenings. The fact that they can be switched on only when needed is ideal. Before I bought these I used a Seagate Free Agent drive which died after being permanently on with the computer (they cannot be switched off) after two years.
These drives are perfect for playing DVDs directly through the computer -- never any bottlenecks. For this use I would thoroughly recommend them.

Learn German - Level 1: Introduction to German Volume 1 (Enhanced Version): Lessons 1-25 with Audio (Innovative Language Series - Learn German from Absolute Beginner to Advanced)

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable way to learn a language, 24 Mar. 2011
As well as this Kindle version I also have the almost identical Audible version. I find this version, using both a Kindle for the text and a computer or iPod for the audio files much the easier to use. The lessons move at a comfortably slow speed (for a thicko like me) and are very detailed. Both the German and the American-English diction is admirably clear so your attention to detail should result in an excellent German accent. There is also much information on German and Austrian culture and way of life -- surely important when learning the language. I like the way the careful distinction is made between the 2nd person singular (du) and plural (Sie) forms of the verb, still important in Germany and Austria. Many other German courses teach the singular form first, not much use unless you expect to be speaking all the time to German friends and relations, in which case why buy a language course at all.

Lastly, as someone with no ear for languages and accents, and who studied French for five years using the most appalling and embarrassing French accent (many people will know what I mean) I have found the German accent much easier to attempt and I have even been complimented on it, wow! I look forward to the intermediate course when I have completed this one.

Page: 1 | 2