Profile for W. Ferreira > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Jabra Move Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones - Black
Jabra Move Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but with major flaws., 21 April 2017
I think these are fairly good, but the problems that I have had makes me give three stars. The pros: the sound is good, better than expected. The battery like is good. It's clear when the headphones are connected.

Unfortunately, the two major drawbacks for me are that they don't really suit moving about (the name is ironic). I had hoped that they would be good for running. They are fine but I do hear movement noises and wind. The second drawback is that they have not worked very well with my Apple Watch. They just wouldn't connect very well or took very long to connect. Now they won't even pair. Jabra support weren't very good. I'm not sure why an electronic device would not be able to update it's firmware.

In summary, the headphones are good for maybe listening to music on a phone or tablet at home. The sound quality is good. However, if you need to move about I wouldn't recommend them.

Update: now they won't connect to iPad. These are very frustrating. Seems as if the battery of idevice is low they won't connect. Don't buy.

Fly London Ollie, Men's Boots, Black, 12 UK
Fly London Ollie, Men's Boots, Black, 12 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Took some working in, 15 Nov. 2016
I love these shoes, now... but it took a while to break in. The shoes look great. The flat soles are exactly what I wanted. They seem robust and if I polish the leather they shine up nicely. But the left shoe took nearly three months to become comfortable. Something on stitching or the way the leather was folding cut into my ankle and was extremely painful. I nearly abandoned wearing them. However, this has finally gone and the shoes are great. It was frustrating but I'm pleased I have them.

Garmin Vivosmart HR Activity Tracker with Smart Notification and Wrist Based Heart Rate Monitor EU - X-Large, Black
Offered by Navi Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Four minus, 15 Nov. 2016
I've generally been impressed with my garmin fitness products and this has been no exception. There are a few points that I have to raise. I've worn the vivosmart HR most of this year, I had a Fitbit but wasn't happy with it. Firstly, it is really robust. It goes everywhere and being waterproof has been great. I do not have to worry if I get it wet when bathing the children. It collects plenty of data and it tells me to move if I've been stationary for too long. All of those things are great. With smartphone notifications and long battery life it seemed the ideal fitness companion.

However I have a few concerns. The main one is that it is uncomfortable. The buckle of the strap irritates me - it is meant to be worn "tight" as to get contact with the HR sensor. The data is not always accurate. For example the sleep data used to say I was asleep when I was reading and not pick up that I had got out of bed during the night. I stopped wearing it at night becuase it was inaccurate and uncomfortable. Furthermore, it would often tell me to move when I was moving. I'm a teacher always on my feet and moving around the room but this was not picked up.

Would I buy it again? Yes, at the time it did everything I wanted it to.
Would I buy it now? No, I would buy the GPS version (HR+) or Garmin forerunner 35

Good bits: battery, waterproof, notifications, data
Bad bit: uncomfortable, accuracy

Garmin are moving in the right direction.

SUBOOS Gen 2 ULTIMATE Rechargeable Camping Tent Lantern - The Most Professional LED Tent Light Available -Super Bright 280 Lumens - 3 Light Mode - Outdoor Durable - Light Angle Adjustable - Flexible Batteries Option - Water Resistant - Cell Phone Recharge - 2 Rechargeable 18650 Batteries, 1 Hanging Clips Included (Black)
Offered by APLStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, bright and very handy., 15 Nov. 2016
This portable lamp is brilliant. I've previously used a lamp that has a cable and attached to EHU. On our new tent the cable was getting in the way and I wanted something that I could hang without trouble. This has worked very well for us. The light is very bright, if needed. I usually use the less bright setting and during the night I have left the red light on becuase my children are small and scared of the dark. This does require me to charge the lamp every day, but that has been fine too. Furthermore, it is small and when camping this can be essential as everything else needed end up filling the car. The lamp has lasted four weeks camping this year and is now in the loft ready to be used if needed and will be used next camping season. I would buy it again and will get another one for the front awning. Considering the price this has been a great find.

Petzl Tikka Plus Head Lamp - Blue, One Size
Petzl Tikka Plus Head Lamp - Blue, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, would consider a cheaper one., 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Tikka (Sports)
Bit disappointed. This is a direct replacement of an older model. It is fine, but not great. My wife has a cheaper one that seems easier to use - just on and off etc. This one has more modes but it just makes it fiddly. The major negative is how long one needs to press the on button before it turns on.

sourcingmap® 5 Pcs Tire Tyre Valve Stem Core Replacement Part for Vehicle Car
sourcingmap® 5 Pcs Tire Tyre Valve Stem Core Replacement Part for Vehicle Car

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 19 Mar. 2016
They are as expected. They took a long time to arrive - I didn't realise they were coming from China. But can't complain for the price.

The Biltong Man Biltong and Droëwors Combo (Tasty Traditional, 400g)
The Biltong Man Biltong and Droëwors Combo (Tasty Traditional, 400g)
Offered by The Biltong Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, good tasting., 19 Mar. 2016
The biltong is tasty. I'm pleased my son now likes it because it give me more reason to buy. Simple to get it from Amazon. The doerwors is excellent. The only annoying this has been the emails I received to review the product.

Canterbury Phoenix Club Moulded, Men's Rugby Shoes, Black (Black/Dresden Blue 989), 12 UK (47 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple boots., 19 Mar. 2016
These are great. They were a great price. The are comfortable and feel the part. I was worried about the blue looking a bit silly, but I needn't have worried. They are easy to clean. Overall, a good decision to buy.

PREMIUM HEYNER BIGAIR 30L PORTABLE 12V AIR COMPRESSOR 7 BAR 100 PSI CAR VAN 4x4
PREMIUM HEYNER BIGAIR 30L PORTABLE 12V AIR COMPRESSOR 7 BAR 100 PSI CAR VAN 4x4
Offered by alca-heyner shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and capable, 28 Jan. 2016
This is a compact, powerful compressor. It fits in the car and does the job well. Four stars because the plastic clip that connects to the valve is a bit tricky - it doesn't feel that it is on, but then is difficult to remove. This results in a slight loss of pressure. It takes longer than I expected to inflate the tyres.

I would recomend this product and the Heyner brand is excellent.

YUDA For Apple iPad2 Digitizer Touch Screen Front Glass Replacement with Home Button + Tools & Adhesive (Black)
Offered by YudaIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Value Alternative, 28 Jan. 2016
This is brilliant if you are one for trying to fix/replace broken tech. I tried the Apple store and felt that the price was too much for an iPad 2. I would have considered the replacement price if my iPad was newer but becuase the iPad 2 is feeling a bit dated I went with this replacement screen.

The product is nicely packaged. It's very handy having all the tools included and the sticky tape too. All that you need is a hairdryer and a bit of patience. I found several youtube videos to help. It's important to follow them as you can damage the iPad more if you don't.

I've given four stars for the price and ease of use. It's important to note that once you have replaced a screen on an iPad it will never really be same. But at least you can still use it! The down side is that the glass is not as robust as the original glass. This is my second purchase of this product as I broke the previous screen.

Overall, this is worth the money and effort. especially if your iPad is a bit old.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9