Profile for rob > Reviews

Content by rob

rob

Page: 1 | 2
From The Air (Remastered Version)
From The Air (Remastered Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand by, 26 Jun. 2016
I think this track was released in 1982. It being 2016 it's still fantastic and like no other.
Ms Anderson's work is in turns, inspirational, dark, comic, ethereal( not sure about that last one ).
If, like me you are constantly looking for something aurally new and exciting, then the track this is, and it's 34 years old.
True style doesn't date...stand by.

D'Addario Archives 12 x 16 inch Spiral Bound Manuscript Book (18 Stave, 64 Pages)

5.0 out of 5 stars The canine's. . ., 3 April 2016
Excellent book, just what I required. Also, it is excellent value for money. Thanking you. Tootle pip.

A Mouthful of Air: Language and Languages, Especially English
A Mouthful of Air: Language and Languages, Especially English
by Anthony Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2016
Was surprised and elated by how good the copy of this book was. Thank you.

Henry VI Part One (Penguin Shakespeare)
Henry VI Part One (Penguin Shakespeare)
by William Shakespeare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2016
Excellent product and service.

Piano Song
Piano Song

5.0 out of 5 stars but had to buy this beautiful song. - Rob, 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Piano Song (MP3 Download)
I rarely buy digital music, but had to buy this beautiful song.
- Rob Melia

Hey
Hey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 May 2015
This review is from: Hey (MP3 Download)
This band are so good, it almost hurts!
Buy, buy and buy again!
😎

Cheer Up London
Cheer Up London

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa Nurse!, 13 May 2015
This review is from: Cheer Up London (MP3 Download)
This wonderful, incredible song cheers me up, and coincidentally enough I live in London.
Buy if you like great music!
You're dead already!
Rob Melia

Neil Young
Neil Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cd at a brilliant price, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Neil Young (Audio CD)
Brilliant cd at a brilliant price! Promptly dispatched by Old Laughing Lady Records, whom I'd recommend to anyone. 10/10
Cheers Andrew!

JVC HA-FX35-R Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Red
JVC HA-FX35-R Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Toasted Marshmallows 👿, 26 July 2014
One star for the colour only~ To begin with I'd just like to state that I didn't buy this " product " from Amazon, but a local supermarket, but Amazon is a great sounding board for telling it like it is.

Of the many earphones/headphones on sale, I saw the name JVC and thought well they must be good as the company is synonymous with quality, sadly I was wrong. I was really surprised after struggling to extricate them from the packaging, how flimsy they were. In fact I would say more thought had gone into the packaging, which surely must be virtually indestructible.

I plugged them into my device and was truly shocked at the " Tinny " noise that spewed forth, I thought " Where have the bass notes gone?! "
I tried another device and it was the same story. These earphones are truly toot!
Like a previous reviewer stated, the volume of sound is really low, and is transformed into a squeaky mouse like dirge that is astounding in its unpleasantness. Can't believe JVC made these!!!

Don't know which earphones to recommend, but I urge you, don't buy these.

Soul Murder
Soul Murder

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Pendulum- last of the big time swingers, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Soul Murder (Audio CD)
I am almost loathe to write anything about Mr Adamson: his body of work is so special, so original, that I would hate to write a careless phrase that would inadvertently detract from the sheer aural pleasure of his music.
Adept at so many musical styles( sickeningly ), Soul Murder, I would describe as a kind of Sound Noir project.
If it were a movie, it would be from the 40s or 50s, star Fred MacMurray, and be directed by either Howard Hawks or John Huston.
Soul Murder is like a film soundtrack for a movie that has never been made. A movie you would want to see. A gritty window on the world of night time, where shady figures, with loose morals, and a need for cash on the hip lurk, waitng in even shadier doorways. This is an album of musical stories, mostly dark, sometimes brutal, and on occasion with a rare glimpse of redemption.
Anyone who is familiar with Mr Adamson's work, will know that he executes his music with the precision of a draughtsman. And you are never left with any doubt that it could've been done better by anyone else. He is a one off, a kind of musical Auteur, and also one of a handful of artists that I would buy unreservedly before even hearing a single note.
You know his music is always going to be something special, and it always is.
Listening to his wonderful music, is like being let in on a tasty secret, that you hope too many people won't find out about, not because he doesn't merit the much deserved applause, but because his music is so good I want to keep it to myself.
Put briefly, buy this, you won't be disappointed, I never am.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2015 11:03 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2