Profile for Littlenel > Reviews

The Good Girl
The Good Girl
by Mary Kubica

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 23 July 2014
This review is from: The Good Girl (Paperback)
Thank you to the author and publisher for the review copy.

I loved this book, I devoured it in just a few days. Mia Dennett makes a snap decision one night to go home with a stranger after being stood up by her boyfriend, this could be the worst decision she makes. The story is told through flashbacks and the current day and I really like this format. The Dennett family appear to be a powerful, wealthy, united family but all is not as it seems. The book takes you through twists and turns and just when you think you've figured it out another twist comes to surprise you. I genuinely didn't guess where the book was going next and I couldn't wait to pick it up and find out. I would recommend this to my friends and family and to anyone who loves a thriller.

Where the Devil Can't Go
Where the Devil Can't Go
by Anya Lipska

4.0 out of 5 stars A great new author, 26 Jun. 2014
I really enjoyed this book.
Janusz, an unofficial fixer for the Polish community in London, gets caught up in what seems like a usual request, but which takes a darker turn. The book covers religion, political history, the struggle a female police officer faces in a male dominated career and the murky underworld and it does so without relying on cliches. Nor does it dumb anything down. I thought the characters were well rounded and well written and I cared what happened to them. I felt that the chemistry and dynamic between Janusz and Natalie was believable. As a fan of crime novels I enjoyed finding a new author and I will now look out for more by Ms Lipska.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished in one sitting, 11 Dec. 2013
I was recommended this by a friend, and I wasn't disappointed.

I started reading this on a 5 hour coach journey and I finished it in one sitting.

Full of twists, I was hooked from the beginning. I was constantly left second guessing my original thoughts, and never knowing who I could trust.

I quickly devoured the book and was disappointed when my journey was over and I had to stop reading! I ignored my boyfriend & cats for the evening as I *had* to finish it!

The Killer Next Door
The Killer Next Door
by Alex Marwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thriller, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Killer Next Door (Paperback)
I was very lucky and received an advanced proof copy of this book. Having loved The Wicked Girls, I wasn't disappointed by Ms Marwood's second novel.

Set around the people renting rooms in number 23, where no questions are asked and answers aren't always forthcoming, I was hooked from the start.

I loved the characters and how their lives became interwoven to the point they became more like a family.

A horrible incident brings the residents together and you learn that someone is hiding more than the rest.

I enjoy Ms Marwood's style of writing and this novel flowed really well and had me hooked from the beginning.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gripping read.

The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 27 April 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend, I downloaded it and started reading on a long train journey. The journey flew by and I couldn't put it down, I needed to know what happened!

The story is creepy in parts, and the really scary thing is that it could happen in real life! I enjoyed the style of writing and felt the story flowed well.

I would recommend this book if you are looking for a psychological thriller that you will want to finish in one sitting!