Profile for Mr. T. S. Browning > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea
Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 July 2013
I have found this book a good read, in fact I haven't finished it yet. Trying to operate austerity in a democracy that seems to be the crux of the issue, why would anyone vote for it, especially since those at the bottom of the pile end up carrying more of the burden that anyone else. It's all in here, the cases cited by Austerity's supporters as to why it works and the counter interpretations offered by the author. It would appear that have haven't learnt from past experiences and are doomed to repeat failed policies over and over. The question for me is, when you live in a democracy how much austerity "for the greater good" can you put up with before you've had enough?

Tuna
Tuna

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Tuna (MP3 Download)
Went to see them a few days after purchasing this by MP3 download (not available on CD at the time). Marvellous, even better live!

HTC TC B270 Genuine Mains USB Charger and Micro Data Cable for Smartphone - White
Offered by Magic Global Gadgets Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Working well, 21 July 2013
I was in 2 minds to buy these as they were more costly than some non-branded cables, but they are at least reliable and they work. I will have to buy some more if I want reliability I have found.

Amazon Kindle 2 Sync & Charge USB Cable (White)
Amazon Kindle 2 Sync & Charge USB Cable (White)
Offered by QIAN'S SHOP-2017

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 21 July 2013
I bought 5 of these living in a household with 3 hTC mobile phones. But 4 of these cables have now let me or others down. Either the phones are unable to connect to a PC to transfer data or the classic "your phone is using more current than your charger is able to deliver" appears onscreen whilst attempting to charge with an hTC charger. Yes I know it says the "charger", but if I use an original hTC cable with the same 'hTC charger', the problem goes away. There is something not right with these cables. Remember I bought 5, had I returned one, I might have got another just like it. Next time I'll pay more and get an original hTC and save myself the bother.

The Body Economic: Eight experiments in economic recovery, from Iceland to Greece

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense really, 12 Jun. 2013
Much of what is written here hardly comes as a surprise really, but it's easy to see how anyone from the political right will hate the book's conclusions. How much longer can we go on believing that austerity is in the interests of everyone in the long run? A very interesting and revealing book!

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT, 4 Jun. 2013
Only used it once so far for a lengthy journey, and it worked fine, just like the old unit it replaced. The traffic warnings only work if you plug in the bulky cable with the aerial attached, I did see it work once, but the power supply plug had to be jiggled around to ensure that it was properly connected to the car unit.

Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Offered by A to Z

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin case, 4 Jun. 2013
Yes the Garmin unit I bought fits into this case and it therefore it is protected. I would buy another one if I needed to.

The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone
The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spirit Level, 4 Jun. 2013
I suspect that much of this is common sense really, people's health suffers when they feel under threat. A more 'equal' society would benefit us all, I have no problem with that as a conclusion.

Imation 18647 CD-R 52x 50pack Spindle
Imation 18647 CD-R 52x 50pack Spindle
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Shock story- discs work!, 4 Jun. 2013
That's right, some CDs I bought from Amazon actually work as intended, I can record on them and play them back in CD players, as I've done with this brand for several years now.

SSK 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive. Memory Stick, upto 100MB/S Transfer rate . Stylish Retractable Design
Offered by ForraderDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Large capacity working well, 31 Jan. 2013
Working well, loads of space to carry media files if you want. It looks costly but feels cheap, but hey ho, it works. How long will it last for, a few years at least I hope!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6