Profile for Maleficent > Reviews

Content by Maleficent

Maleficent "TH" (Canada's Texas)

JVC HA-FX34-GN-E In=Ear Marshmallow Stereo Headphones - Green
JVC HA-FX34-GN-E In=Ear Marshmallow Stereo Headphones - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones ever!, 3 Jan. 2011
I am so glad I found these headphones! My ears have a weird, itchy, allergic reaction to the soft silicon that many other manufacturers use for their earbuds. They itch horrendously and eventually, if I force myself to wear them, the skin begins to flake off. I can't wear the outer ear head phones, either, because the foam also irritates my ears, or the larger ones press too much on my piercings. Anyways, these are perfect.

The soft foam is just like an earplug (except you don't need to squish and soften them before you put them in, that will ruin the foam pads and you'll have to buy complete a new pair of headphones as the pads aren't sold separately - RIP Pair #1) and it insulates against sounds just as good. The only time I can hear anything other than the sound is when a song is changing. I do tend to listen to loud music but I've never had it disturb anyone else, all sound is channeled into my ear. I've found that, eventually, the green foam bits will mould to my ear canals fitting each of them perfectly. The L and R are a bit small and hard to see in low light, but if that doesn't bother you, then you're golden. The cord isn't excessively long, so there's no need to stuff it in your pocket.

I have accidentally destroyed a pair of these by catching the cord on a hand railing. It ripped the internal wire connectors loose and there was no way to fix it, but I had given it a pretty good yank, so it's not something that could happen often. RIP Pair #2.

They do come with a couple pairs of spare foam rings, so if yours get crusted with dirt or earwax you can change them. The pair I have on right now is a little loose, so if I just pull them out of my ear the foam part stays in my ear and I have to pick it out. This could probably be solved by changing the foam pads, but I've had my current pair (the third pair I've bought due to my own accidentally destructive ways) for over 2 years now, so they might just be getting old.

They also come in a large range of colours and they're not expensive. They match my green iPod nano perfectly, which is partly why I love them so much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, 3 Jan. 2011
I ordered this as a present for someone who is a huge fan of Marvin. It's a good size for a key chain, made of this soft rubber stuff. Should be durable enough to last on this person's key ring. The colours are nice and bright and it'll go perfectly in any fan boy's collection.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earbuds!, 21 Nov. 2009
I've owned a few pairs of these earbuds and they are the best I've ever worn. I had to replace one pair because it got caught on a bannister and ripped the cord out of the earbuds, so it wasn't a fault of the product, just my own clumsiness. They block out almost all outside sounds and fit in the ear canal perfectly and comfortably.

I have sensitive ears and can't wear traditional foam earphones or soft silicone ones as I get a rash. These ones are just like wearing flexible ear plugs. I also have a lot of piercings in my ear cartilage and find it uncomfortable to wear any earphone that puts pressure on the outside of my ear.

I love the bright colour, they match my iPod perfectly. They come with a couple pairs of replacement foam pads in case you lose one or they get too dirty. The cord isn't too long, either. For the price, these earbuds are the best I've ever seen.

Marvel Zombies: Dead Days TPB
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days TPB
by Robert Kirkman

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombies are Awesome., 21 Nov. 2009
I'm a big fan of zombies, I've read a lot of Z-themed books and watched practically all of the movies that exist. I'm also a Zombie purest, meaning I have an opinion about how zombies will be when the apocalypse finally strikes, and I have several Zombie Survival Plans. This book is entertaining and the artwork is awesome, but the zombies are not realistic. The virus basically turns them into vicious cannibals who cannot control their urge, but retain their personality and independence. It's a decent read, I bought it as a Christmas present for my boyfriend but had to read it carefully before I gave it to him. I recommend it for any Marvel fan or Zombie fan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2010 8:21 PM GMT

Acai Juice 500ml
Acai Juice 500ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes ok, but haven't noticed any 'benefits', 2 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Acai Juice 500ml (Personal Care)
I bought this product as a similar one was recommended to me by a friend. She said that the 100% juice, when consumed one ounce per day, diluted in another fruit juice, was helping her lose unwanted pounds. There are supposedly many other health benefits to Acai juice, as well. I've used a bottle and a half, without noticing too much difference in my weight, and nothing else has been noticeable, either, though I'm not sure what other 'noticeable' effects it would have... Tip: don't dilute it in cranberry juice, it ends up tasting like play dough.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2016 10:15 PM GMT

Merlin - Series 1 Volume 1 [DVD]
Merlin - Series 1 Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Hurt
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great special features, excellent tv show!, 2 Mar. 2009
I love this tv show beyond words! I love the way Bradley (Arthur) and Colin (Merlin) interact, on screen and off screen: they're hilarious! The special features make me giggle everytime I watch them. It leaves me wanting more, though, there should be more special features, more behind the scenes footage, outtakes, deleted scenes, all that.