Profile for T. Davies > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient, 30 May 2014
When we moved to our new bungalow recently about half of the floor space is tiled so we needed more than a normal vac. Picked this one because of Amazon reviews as we had no experience of steam mops before. My wife is well pleased with the machine and the results. The removable brush head makes short work of any stubborn marks such as spilt food in the kitchen area, and the floor is dry within a few minutes. Five stars.

At Folsom Prison / At San Quentin (Remastered / Expanded) (2CD)
At Folsom Prison / At San Quentin (Remastered / Expanded) (2CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Great Albums, 28 April 2014
I have both these albums on vinyl but had so many clicks and pops when I tried to "rip" them to a digital format, I decided to just buy the CDs. The fact that the 2 came in one package at a sensible price was a definite bonus. Also there are additional tracks on the CDs missing from the vinyl versions so a double bonus! Like others have said, the background noise and announcements only add to the atmosphere. I'm not big on live performances generally as often the poor sound balancing gives too much emphasis to the audience drowning out the performer's vocals - not so with these 2 historic recordings. A must for any C&W fans.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy...ish, 28 April 2014
One of the originals had been vandalised so replaced all 4 - car is 14 years old so the rest were starting to deteriate any way. There is a video on youtube showing how to remove the old ones using some strong sticky backed velcro tape without removing the wheels or damaging the wheel. This worked splendidly on the 3 OK originals but the surface on the vandalised one was too rough for the tape to work so I just destroyed it with a stanley knife to remove it. Tension springs needs tensioning by gently pulling the ends apart before fitting or the cap may feel loose and turn inside the hub. The pattern on the caps is identical to originals but the colour blue is a lighter shade, but still look good. Whole job took me about 20 minutes for all 4 caps and including fitting the first one twice (to tension the spring). Definitely worth the money if yours are looking shabby.

Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp assorted colour
Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp assorted colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, 20 April 2014
Bought to replace one supplied as part of a software package some years ago which recently failed on one channel. Very little you can say about this product - just plug it all in and it works. It may not be top hi-fi but sounds OK to my ageing ears with very lttle hum levels. I didn't want to spend a lot as once I have digitised all my vinyl I will probably get shot of my turntable so this was a good solution for me.

PIRFM360 - Stand Alone 360º Flush Mounted PIR
PIRFM360 - Stand Alone 360º Flush Mounted PIR
Offered by ElectricalWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars First one didn't work, 20 April 2014
Bought 2 of these for a long Z shaped hall way. Had to get an electrician to fit as I can't physically get to the loft space above. One has worked perfectly since installation (about 2 months ago) but the second kept tripping on and off all the time day and night despite several attempts at tweaking the controls. On the basis that the first one worked OK I ordered another to replace the faulty one which has been working perfectly ever since. So on my experience I can only award 4 stars.

Reflex Ladies Analogue Jumbo Face White Croc Effect PU Strap Watch106026JP
Reflex Ladies Analogue Jumbo Face White Croc Effect PU Strap Watch106026JP

3.0 out of 5 stars Strap broke within a fortnight, 31 Mar. 2014
Watch is fine with large clear numbers and keeps good time. Trouble is both loops of the strap broke within 2 weeks. Not suprising given the cost but would have expected it to last longer, hence only 3 stars

Plug & Play USB Temperature Data logger Recorder with LCD Screen
Plug & Play USB Temperature Data logger Recorder with LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but can crash your PC!, 31 Mar. 2014
I've only had this about a week and so far the results are encouraging. I'm using it in a home environment to check central heating functionality. I've set my timer interval at 5 minutes and monitor the room over 24 hours. When it works correctly, as soon as you fire up the software having already connected the unit via USB, the data is uploaded in a couple of seconds and you are imediatley presented with a graphical representation of the entire data. This shows very clearly what has been happening over the period and the timing points are displayed on the baseline. Easy to save to it's own database or to export to Excel. You can start the logging when not connected to the PC but you can only stop it via the software which I find a bit strange and something I would like to see fixed in a future software update. You also have to clear the data via the setting parameters function. This clears the log from the monitor and allows you to restart it again once you've removed it from the PC; another software "fix"?

The reason I've dropped it one star is that twice now it has caused my PC to crash requiring a reboot - not quite sure what the problem is at the moment, could be the usb driver. I'm running MS Windows 7-64. I'll update the review if and when I get to the bottom of it.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Royal Purple - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice if a bit pricey, 5 Feb. 2014
Perfect fit for the Kindle Paper White. Switches off the unit when closed. OH well pleased with her Christmas present.

Time
Time
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
My wife and I are both Rod Stewart fans so I bought it her for Christmas. Good mix of songs, recommended if you like old fella.

Kidde 7DCO Carbon Monoxide Alarm (replaceable batteries) Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Lets hope we don't need it., 5 Feb. 2014
Had this for about a month now. Not much you can say about these really - like smoke alarms it's just a case of fit and (hopefully) forget. Easy to mount on wall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17