Profile for Taryll Baker > Reviews

Content by Taryll Baker

Taryll Baker (South East England)

Fury
Fury

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning music yet again from Steven Price., 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Fury (Audio CD)
As someone else said before me, it's sticks to the film beautifully. 'Norman' personally stuck with me for hours and hours after seeing the film! I became a huge fan when he scored 'Gravity' for Alfonso Cuaron, I actually bought one of the limited vinyl copies of that score. I went into this film not having the slightest clue that Mr. Price was part of it, but I started to recognise the sound half way through. What a brilliantly, stunning score! Can't wait to hear more of his incredible work.

The Driver [DVD]
The Driver [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Morrissey

5.0 out of 5 stars I can say that I love it so far, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Driver [DVD] (DVD)
Although I've only watched the first episode that was aired tonight on BBC One, I can say that I love it so far! Brilliant car scenes, David is on top form playing as a taxi driver in Manchester who takes up an offer of a new driving job in a gang-ran business. He's been my top favourite TV actor since his role as The Governor in The Walking Dead, but now he's topped it again and this will be a series I'll have to own. Hoping for a Blu-ray release too... So far, it's a 5/5.

Man Of Steel: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Limited Deluxe Edition) [Soundtrack]

5.0 out of 5 stars SuperHans!, 20 Jun. 2013
What an incredible score! Hans Zimmer has done it yet again. I saw this film at the cinema and I thought it was average, but overall I rated it 7/10. But Hans' incredible work helped to bump that rating up for me. The score alone is a HUGE 10/10! I'm a big fan of Zimmer's, and if you are too, buy this soundtrack! (make sure you get Deluxe!)

Armin Only [DVD]
Armin Only [DVD]
Dvd ~ Armin Van Buuren

5.0 out of 5 stars It is... Mirage, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Armin Only [DVD] (Blu-ray)
Just incredible.
If you're a fan of Armin, this is for you! (Although if you are a fan you would have this already).
What Amazon haven't stated is that this is a DVD & Blu-ray pack of Armin's set which lasts around 2 hours, 15 minutes in length. It also includes the documentary which is 25 minutes in length, and the music video for 'This Light Between Us'. Which in my opinion, for all of that and for this price, is a bargain! The Blu-ray is honestly as crisp as it could possibly get (you can literally see every single bulb in the LED screens) and the 5.1 surround sound is amazing. A definite buy! 5*

Sound City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Sound City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Dave Grohl

5.0 out of 5 stars For all music fans!, 14 Mar. 2013
Wow. I just finished watching this. I read some reviews before hand and saw that everyone was raving about it, so I decided I'd buy it finally on Blu-ray. I was blown away with this amazing documentary directed by the one and only Dave Grohl! It spends the first hour explaining the history of the Sound City recording studio, and which artists were involved in the rise of this legendary studio. Then for the final 45 minutes it shows Dave Grohl, and many other artists like Trent Reznor, Paul McCartney and many more actually in Grohl's studio recording the soundtrack for this documentary on the mixing board that was used in the Sound City recording studios. Overall, a definite buy for any up-comers in the music industry, or just music fans in general. I give it 5 stars! Absolutely amazing, one of the most incredible and inspirational documentaries I've ever watched. Go and buy it!

Clockwork (Original Mix)
Clockwork (Original Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clockwork, 29 Jan. 2013
deadmau5 at his best! If you love Strobe, Jaded and Faxing Berlin etc etc. You'll love this for sure! :D