Profile for Sofia > Reviews

Content by Sofia

Sofia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Soft Nursing Pregnancy Pillow/Cushion - VINTAGE CREAM/PINK ROSES - WITH QUILTED COVER & EXTRA PADDING
Offered by BABY best BUYS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Feb. 2015
I found this pillow to be really useful when breastfeeding and elevating my newborn after feeding to prevent reflux.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars These are of good quality and handy, 25 Feb. 2015
These are of good quality and handy. These can be used to store dried herbs, spices or cosmetics. I had used them to take some moisturiser and my lush shampoo in my hospital bag.

TecTake Digital Electronic Weighing Baby Scale with Music including mat and batteries
Offered by TecTake United Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides accurate readings, 25 Feb. 2015
I purchased this to monitor my newborns weight as she had lost about 11% of her body weight and was failing to put the weight back on. I later found out that it was partly due to her being allergic to mainstream baby formula. However, once she was on prescribed milk she was slowly putting the weight back on but it needed to be monitored.

These scales I found provided accurate readings as it concurred with the weighings at the hospital and baby clinic. Also it does appear to be of good quality and has a music function which keeps the little one a bit distracted while she gets weighed.

Betron Apple Certified Lightning Connector, Durable Charger Cable for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPad Mini, 1Meters - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. This is better then what Apple provides, 25 Feb. 2015
Brilliant. This is better then what Apple provides. It is more robust and does appear to be long lasting. It charges my IPad Air and iPod without any probs.

Meaco Home Dehumidifier 20 L - White/ Blue Trim
Meaco Home Dehumidifier 20 L - White/ Blue Trim
Offered by Energy Saving Bulbs/Products

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, slightly damaged, and disgustingly poor service from supplier, 19 Dec. 2013
I had received a product that was faulty and to top it off there was a crack in the water tank. I had contacted Appliances Direct to see if I could receive a replacement but the Customer Services agent made it sound like a long process stating that they would need to test it and after that I would be contacted for a replacement maybe! Given this I had opted for a refund as I wanted a dehumidifier ASAP that actually works so I stated that I would like a refund of my money and for the faulty product to be collected as I had decided to buy this dehumidifier from another supplier.

It has been a week now and Appliances Direct is 'still testing' the product that I had returned and no refund of my money. So please be aware of buying anything from this supplier as they are in my opinion a joke!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 6:54 PM BST

Premier Housewares Pressure Cooker, 7 L - Aluminium
Premier Housewares Pressure Cooker, 7 L - Aluminium
Offered by Prime Furnishing

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of Money, 10 April 2013
This is not a very good pressure cooker as I have tried using it several times and on each occasion the steam and vapour went everywhere. Also the cooking of meat and pulses still took a while.

This was a bad investment on my part and I am now contemplating to purchasing a more reliable make like WMF or Kuhn Rikon. I know these makes are expensive but I want a pressure cooker that actually works.

Mincespiration!
Mincespiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need Mincespiration look no further, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Mincespiration! (Kindle Edition)
I wanted a cookbook that provided quick and easy meals that I can make for my family that would at the same time be flavoursome and diverse when cooking with mince.

This book I found is nothing short of `mincespiration' as it provides you with a varied recipes using mince to make dishes from a selection of cuisines from around the world. Here are some of the recipes that I have found delicious and inspiring;
Beef and Mushroom Cannelloni

ProCook Cast Iron Casserole 28cm / 3.5L Shallow Aubergine
ProCook Cast Iron Casserole 28cm / 3.5L Shallow Aubergine
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Culinary Investment, 10 April 2013
After much sought and consideration I decided to purchase ProCook Aubergine Cast Iron Casserole 28cm and I do not regret it. It is just as good as Le Creuset if not better in my opinion and at a reasonable price too with 25 year guarantee what more can you want!

I can confirm that it is a pleasure to cook using this dish and I have made some delicious stews and aromatic curries so far. Not only it is good to cook with but it is also very fetching to look at.

Vietnamese Street Food
Vietnamese Street Food

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good recipes, 10 April 2013
I brought this on my kindle at a bargain price and I must say that I am very pleased with it as I do like eating Vietnamese food and the recipes I found were quite easy to follow and satisfying:
Beef rice paper rolls
Prawn and omelette spring rolls
Barbecued chicken wings
Sticky rice with peanuts
Wonton soup
Noodle Soup with Chicken
Braised beef with lemongrass and star anise
Salt Steamed chicken in baguette
Green papaya salad
Lotus Root Salad

Also, the ingredients can be easily sought from the Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and Oriental/Asian supermarkets.

Premier Housewares Tenzo Cupcake Tray with Silicone Grips, 12 Cup
Premier Housewares Tenzo Cupcake Tray with Silicone Grips, 12 Cup
Offered by Adelbrook

1.0 out of 5 stars OK not great, 10 April 2013
The cupcake tray itself would have been adequate to use for baking purposes however there are better quality ones out there.
The reason why I have given it one star is because I have received the products with little dents and the non-stick was not entirely smooth but had a grainy feel to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9