Profile for A. Dean > Reviews

Content by A. Dean

A. Dean (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Leather Ladies Handbag - Cross Body Shoulder Handbags - Single Strap Women's Bag - Soft Real Leather Hand Bags in Brown Patchwork Leather - 5 Compartments - Small Phone Pocket - Quenchy London QL822
Offered by 7bags

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice bag for all occasions, 23 May 2016
I wanted a bag that has more interest than my black one. This one would probably go well with lots of different outfits as it has tan, navy, red, black and white panels. The leather is quite soft and feels good quality. I like the simplicity of two main compartments and one outside pocket. I tend to lose things when there are too many pockets to put things in. As others have said, the phone pocket is not of much use, but I don't mind that.
The bag is big enough to carry essentials such as phone, purse, keys, tissues and a few other things. My kindle fits in easily too.
I find that it stays on my shoulder and is comfortable to carry. The strap is adjustable. The zips seem good quality.I am happy with the bag.
This product was sold to me at discount in exchange for an honest review.

Anti Aging Cream For Face - Best Moisturizing Cream and Wrinkle Treatment - Skin Cream for Dry Skin - Filled with Organic Antioxidants + CoQ10 + Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamins - 2oz
Offered by Derma-nu Skin Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars Has sorted out the rash on my cheeks, 21 May 2016
I bought this to try as my skin has become dry and I suspected that my branded face cream might be making a rash on my cheeks worse. I have been using this cream for a few days now with good results. It is white and has quite a herbal smell about it. I have not decided if I like the smell that much, but you don't notice it once it is applied.
The cream is readily absorbed into my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. The redness and unevenness in my cheeks is resolving nicely.
I also like the fact that this cream is made with organic, natural ingredients (hence the smell).
I will have to let you know in a few months if I look 10 years younger....

This review was written in return for a reduced purchase price on the cream, but I may well buy it at full price once I finish it and make it my regular facial cream.

ECOOPRO Sleeping Bags Warm Weather Outdoor Camping Envelope Sleeping Bag for 3 Seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall) (Dark Blue)
Offered by ECOOPROO

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lightweight sleeping bag, 18 May 2016
I don't know why is this confusing called an envelope. It is a good simple sleeping bag!

I bought this for my son to take on cub camp. His children's bag is now too small for him. The bag is small when packed away and light weight. When opened up, the sleeping bag is rectangular; it does not have a hood shape at all. It is certainly large enough for an adult. It has a fairly smooth inner lining and my son reports that it feels warm once he is inside it. As others have said, I think it is best for warmer weather, not early spring or autumn.

The sleeping bag can be folded up quite easily and put back into the bag by my son. I also found it a lot easier to pack away than an old sleeping bag that I used to use.
The bag comes in a variety of colours. We chose the dark blue one which is nice.

I got this bag at a discount in exchange for an honest review.

GranVela® YJ8304 3x3 Stickerless Smooth Speed Magic Puzzle Cube
GranVela® YJ8304 3x3 Stickerless Smooth Speed Magic Puzzle Cube
Offered by GranVela Co., Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good puzzle cube, 18 May 2016
This 3X3 cube is the standard size rubics cube . It comes in more unusual neon colours than the original cube.The cube is 5.5cm in each direction. It comes in a cardboard box with instructions inside. The instructions are partly in English and show sequences to help you learn how to solve the puzzle.
The cube pieces move smoothly in all directions and so you can turn it quickly if you want to. The pieces are made of different coloured plastic, so there are no stickers to fall off it and it looks like it should last well.
It is one of the better made cubes that I have seen.

The product was sold to me at discount in exchange for an honest review.

GranVela® YJ8309 2x2 Stickerless Speed Cube Puzzles Smooth Magic Cube 50mm-for Kids,Adults,Beginners,starters
Offered by GranVela Co., Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cube, 18 May 2016
This little 2X2 cube is more of a challenge than you might think. The cube is 5cm in each direction. It comes in a cardboard box with instructions inside. The instructions are entirely in Chinese, but there is a diagram of moves which you might be able to follow to get some help with it.
The cube pieces move very smoothly in all directions and so you can turn it quickly if you want to. The pieces are made of different coloured plastic, so there are no stickers to fall off it and it looks like it should last well.
It is one of the better made cubes that I have seen.

The product was sold to me at discount in exchange for an honest review.

RioRiva (Pack of 5)Men Comfortable Breathable Lovely Expression Pattern Unisex Casual Cotton Rich Socks
Offered by RioRiva Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Good thin summer socks, 18 May 2016
I bought these for my husband after seeing on reviews that they fit larger feet. He has wide Size 10 feet. When they arrived, he liked the look of them, but was dubious about whether they would fit. However, we found that they stretch and fit nicely. The socks are quite thin cotton, so good for summer.
Each sock has a deer and then a diamond pattern repeating along the top edge. This is not that clear in the main picture, so I have included a picture for you. I would say one pair is black stripes and one is navy then grey, cream and red.

We got these socks at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but too small for larger feet, 18 May 2016
I bought these at a reduced price in exchange for a review. I thought they looked like a fun thing to try out. I have quite broad Size 7 feet, so I doubted whether they would fit. They are a bit short over the heel and barely work as a trainer sock. My toes went into the toe parts suprisingly easily, but once on I find that they are a bit tight around my second and third toes at the base of the toes.
The socks have a grip surface on the bottom so that they can be used for exercising on a wooden or plastic floor. I find that they grip spots are a bit too raised and making walking on a hard surface rather uncomfortable. It is a bit like wearing those shoes that are meant to massage your feet while you walk. I suppose that could be great if that is what you want, but as I say, it is not that comfortable.
I do like the idea of the socks and the colours are bright. I got a white, a pink and a lilac pair. I think they might work well for someone with smaller feet.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CIKIShield Cover for Fitbit Charge/Fitbit Charge HR Slim Designer Sleeve Protector accessories (style 1)
Offered by DingYP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 18 May 2016
This cover is great for jazzing up a Fitbit and making it look individual. It is also useful for protecting the strap or covering up if the strap is coming apart (which seems to be a design fault.
The cover arrived quickly in a small package. It is a rubbery cover and goes round all sides of the watch. On the reverse side, it has 2 holes for the flickering light and for the charging cable to attach. It is a tight fit and so you need to carefully fit it in place, but this is what you want so that it doesn't then slip around.
I think the colours are a bit less bright than in the picture, but it still looks good. I am happy with this purchase.

This product was bought at a reduced price in exchange for an honest review

PREMIUM QUALITY-Large 140x70cm Antibacterial Microfibre Sports Travel Towel. Free Carry Bag! Quick Drying, Ultra Compact. Great for Swimming, Yoga, Pilates, Camping, Gym, Beach.
Offered by EndeavourSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight towel, 15 May 2016
I bought a green one of these towels. It is 140cm X70cm which means it is large enough to comfortable wrap around an adult, like a regular size bath towel. The difference is that this towel is much thinner and lighter. It has a nice soft velvety texture. It comes with a black bag which is can be stored in. The bag is about 25cm X15cm and around 3cm thick with the towel folded up inside it. Both the towel and the bag have a little handle which can be used to hang them up to dry.

The towel dries you very well, and when it is wet, it dries quicker than a cotton towel. While it might not be so great to snuggle up inside as a thick cotton towel, it is far more practical for taking to the swimming pool, gym, beach or camping trips. The towel comes in a good variety of colours, so each member of the family can have one and they won't get muddled up.

This product was bought at a discount in exchange for an honest review. I am happy with the quality of the towel and believe it deserves 5 stars.

CrazyFire® 501B Tactical Flashlight XM-L T6 LED 5 Modes 1000 Lumens Torch with Tactical Switch and Barrel Mount for Hunting Hiking Fishing Camping Cycling Biking(White Light)
Offered by RESON

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright torch with 5 settings, 15 May 2016
I bought this for my kids to use on scout camp. It comes in a sturdy cardboard box. Although the title states it comes without batteries, it does actually have a battery. It is a size that I have not seen before, but it comes with its own charger. The charger is 2 pin, so you will need to use an adapter to use it. It is good to have a rechargeable battery as torches can get through batteries in no time when kids leave them switched on!

The instructions are not clear and I learnt more from reviews on how to use it. It has 5 settings which can be switched between by partially pressing down the power button. It comes with a pressure pad swtich, which requires that you unscrew the normal end of the torch and replace it with one attached to the pressure switch. I am not sure that I will ever use this. I also don't think I would use the barrel mount that it comes with.

The light is more powerful than other torches of the same size that I own. It would certainly light up a small tent without any problems. I am happy with this purchase.

This product was bought at discount in return for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11