Profile for M. A. Byrne > Reviews

Content by M. A. Byrne

M. A. Byrne "mbyrne63" (Cornwall, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Land Rover Series II & IIA Repair Operation Manual
Land Rover Series II & IIA Repair Operation Manual
by Land Rover Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Green Bible - the only thing I'd say is that it's too heavy to read in bed., 20 Mar. 2015
The Green Bible - the only thing I'd say is that it's too heavy to read in bed.

Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars All as described - and works as described., 20 Mar. 2015
All as described - and works as described.

Apple TV is a pain which stops auto-changing the channel (not related to the produce) and the Chromecast doesn't have a power off remote so I have to change channels using the remote.

The only thing which I wish I could change is the brightness of the lights on the front panel - VERY bright blue (and lots of them) which I may need to cover over with some tape.

Dragon Dictate 3 for MAC [Download]
Dragon Dictate 3 for MAC [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the grind out of long reports, 14 Oct. 2013
I tend to have to transcribe 4 long meetings each week and it was driving me nuts spending all that time listening to the recording of the meeting and typing it up. It won't recognise the voices in the meeting (other than mine) but it does recognise me summarising in the meeting. I then tend to do a 'voice over' from the meeting. Saves me hours each week.

Should have bought it years ago.

Mental Health Act Manual
Mental Health Act Manual
by Richard Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book for the MHA, 10 July 2012
You could never pretend that this is an easy read manual but that's not what it's supposed to be. It is THE definitve manual on it.

Working together to safeguard children: a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
by Great Britain: Department for Education and Skills

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Social Worker, 9 Jan. 2011
This is essential for anyone working in Social Work - its a big document and not the easiest of reads but hey its the law and therefore essential to understand.

Dinosaur Snap
Dinosaur Snap

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - the hit of Christmas, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Dinosaur Snap (Toy)
Of all the toys and games the boys got for Christmas this was the one which entertained them most. Though to be fair - their dad and granddad were also enthralled which led to a bit of a gender split in the household with mum and gran being left in peace.

A Volcano in My Tummy: Helping Children to Handle Anger: A Resource Book for Parents, Caregivers and Teachers
by Whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas, 12 Jan. 2010
I have been working with a very angry 8 yo boy and this book was brilliant in forming the work. The volcano theme worked well for him and the fact that it stresses that its ok to be angry was hugely realistic.

London's Lost Tube Schemes
London's Lost Tube Schemes
by Antony Badsey-Ellis

2.0 out of 5 stars Dense Dense Dense, 18 Jun. 2007
Ok - anyone who buys this is going to be on the geek scale somewhere and I freely admit that I am but this is a heavy book (both in weight and content) and although I am sure it is expertly researched I had to add it to the pile of unfinished books. Maybe I needed more stories and less fact but....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 1:06 PM GMT

My Life
My Life
by Bill Clinton

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Give up !, 29 Jun. 2004
This review is from: My Life (Hardcover)
I'm at page 186 and I've just had enough. Way too much hick nostalgia for me - Arkansas IS nowhere and Little Rock is just that. Even though he was the best President since JFK I've got to the point where staring out of the tube window (whilst underground) is more interesting than the book. Sorry Bill.

Fast Track to MDX
Fast Track to MDX
by Mark Whitehorn

1.0 out of 5 stars There are better books about on MDX, 3 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Fast Track to MDX (Paperback)
Bought this book thinking that it was going to supplement the information in 'MDX Solutions' by George Spofford and I was seriously disappointed.
I was expecting the definitive book given who the authors are and this is not the case.
It has some significant gaps such as how you would use MDX to define calculations within a cube, how the calculations interact and there is no function reference section.
Connection parameters which can govern a lot of what you see from the front end are not covered. Infact, this is not really a reference book and I could not imagine picking it up having read it once (if I ever got to the end of it).
This is the 'ladybird book of MDX' and is not something which will assist a Developer / DBA as it says in the blurb.
If you really want it buy a used copy - It may be mine !
Mick