Profile for Adam Kemp > Reviews

Content by Adam Kemp

Adam Kemp (ROI)

Maxsimafoto® - BP-511a, BP-511 Replacement Battery, High Output! 1600mAh, for Canon EOS 30D, 40D, 50D & Canon PowerShot G-Series G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, Pro1, Pro 90 IS. also compatible with BP-512, BP-514.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 29 April 2015
Takes three pictures and died. Do not purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2016 8:50 PM GMT

Duronic HS12 - 2 Way HDMI Splitter Box - Latest High Performing HDMI Technology - 1 Input 2 Output - Full HD 1080p 3D Enabled - Displays 1 HD Source To 2 TV's
Offered by DURONIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont use on Wii U, 7 Mar. 2013
I thought i could use it to have my Wii U connected to my TV and projector at the same (with just the sound on the TV), because my projector dosent have audio and the home cinema doesn't support hdmi. Sadly that's not the case. I tried it on my Blu Ray player and it works up to 1080i at best. watching in 1080p loses the quality. so i don't think the device is strong enough for the Wii U. It gets an extra star, because the seller refunded my money with no problems.

The Incredibles [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
The Incredibles [Blu-ray] [2004] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Craig T. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film and great news, 14 July 2011
This review is regarding the USA version, as I heard the UK version is a disappointment.

First, I'd like to say, the film is excellent, one of the best I've ever seen and an absolute must see for all families and animation fans. I love the story and you can really connect with the characters, they are not just pixels and data with voice acting, they are like real people. it's also loads of fun to watch the action sequences. The gags are very clever and funny, so the film defiantly is worth watching, no matter what age you are.

The other thing is, the us version of the blu ray disc, is region free, so it can play on all working blu ray players, even European ones. So if you want the extras features that the UK version doesn't offer and you're outside the us, no problem at all. Both feature film and bonus discs are playable on all blu ray players.

Unfortunately, The non blu ray discs do not work outside the USA. the DVD version that comes in the package is region 1, which means it can only play on USA and Canadian DVD players, unless it's region free. The digital copy only works in the USA and Canada, which I found out the hard way, it was a lengthy process and it didn't tell me till the end. So save yourself time and don't try.

So if want to get the full blu ray experience with the extra features, import the USA version. But if you're simply after the film itself, get the UK version. Either way, you must see the incredibles.

Super Mario All-Stars - 25th Anniversary Edition (Wii)
Super Mario All-Stars - 25th Anniversary Edition (Wii)
Offered by COLLECTIBLE CORNER

4.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane, 10 Jan. 2011
I expected a lot more from the booklet and soundtrack, but the actual disc makes it all worth while. This was my first SNES game and I remember having a great time playing it. So I recommend giving this a go, whether you played it on the SNES or not.

Fantastic Mr Fox [Blu-ray]
Fantastic Mr Fox [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ George Clooney

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved Up, but I perfer this, 26 May 2010
I was very excited to see this film in the cinema for several reasons. One, it is a stop motion, which is (you know the word) because it's a type of animation you don't see everyday in the cinema, or even every year. Two, I enjoyed the Fantastic Mr Fox story. Three, I played Mr Fox in a school play. When I finally saw it in the cinema, it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was brilliant.

Just a little heads up, it needs to grow on you. Your first time watching it might not be your favorite, but second time watching it is much better. If you loved it the first time, you'll still want to see it again. If you have Blu Ray, get it, because the sets and backgrounds look WONDERFUL, you'll want to catch every little detail of the graphics and story.

Blue Dragon Vol. 1-2 [DVD] [2007]
Blue Dragon Vol. 1-2 [DVD] [2007]
Offered by 5-star-media

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Anime, 12 May 2010
If you've seen the old Pokemon series, there's a decent chance you'll enjoy this.

The series follows a group with the mystical power to summon beast through their shadows, each with their own powers. Naturally it is rare gift, but an evil force has the technology to make alternative shadows and use them to (yes, you guessed it) take over the world. So it's up to our heroes to travel to the evil source and save the world.

Obviously, the most recycled storyline ever. But I think the idea of summoning beasts through your shadow at your convenience is pretty cool. It uses the old fashioned anime style, the lips only move up and down and there's little movement. It's not a bad thing, it's a style of animation, it's used in shows like Pokemon. The English voice acting takes getting use to, but once you do, you'll want to follow the adventure. The fun really begins when bouquet comes in, a very beautiful but idiotic girl who can use her charms to the heroes advantage, oh and her ability to transform and turn invisible. She makes the show very funny and enjoyable.

Overall, it took getting use to, but I like the series and if you like the limited animation technique, I think you'll enjoy this.

Aardman Classics [DVD]
Aardman Classics [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nick Park
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars What Aardman do when not working on Wallace and Gromit, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Aardman Classics [DVD] (DVD)
We all know what Aardman is famous for, the creation of Wallace and Gromit. But have you ever wondered what else Aardman make? Now's your chance.

This DVD features a huge variety of short films, not just from Nick Park or Peter Lord. Some of the films include Creature Comforts, the electric ad campaign, Pib and Pog, Wat's Pig and Stage Fright. It even has some of Aardman's lesser known but great works like War Story, Humdrum, Adam, Loves Me Loves Me Not, Next and so much more that needs to be seen.

Just because they're made by Aardman, it doesn't mean they are all alike. In fact, they are quite different from each other. They each have different visual looks, different writing styles, different content, even different time lengths. There's something for literally everyone.

For anyone who likes animation, this DVD shouldn't disappoint at all.