Profile for Michael > Reviews

Content by Michael

Michael

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BAAS® Sony Xperia Z5 - Stylish S Line Gel Case Cover, 2 Screen Protectors & Touch Screen Stylus Pen
Offered by BAAS Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it for this price, 11 April 2016
I keep on buying new phones, so I keep on buying new cases to protect my purchase from bumps and scratches. And for some reason I keep on buying S-Line cases, simply because I believe that for this price you cannot buy better. This particular one for my Xperia Z5 fits like a glove - no movement either way. And as with all S-Line cases there is a stylish s-line shape on the back and the gel material on she sides is rough to prevent the phone from slipping out of your hands - something I have not found on any other case. The only thing that is not perfect is the cutout for the laynard, but it is not out by much. And as with most cases (especially at this price point) I expect the clear gel material to turn yellowish over time.

SLEO Sony Xperia Z5 Case - Rubberized Hard PC Back Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z5 Case - White
Offered by SLEO Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Well fitting Case, 7 April 2016
This hard case fits snuggly on to my Xperia Z5, it looks good and does not add too much bulk to the phone. As with all hard cases, the top and bottom of the phone are not covered. The cutout for the on/off button (which is also being used as a fingerprint scanner) is precisely where it should be, and so are cutouts for the camera- and the volume-keys.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, especially for the price I paid. Still, the rubbery material of this case feels very slippery, so one has to be careful not to drop the phone. And I made the mistake to chose the white version, which gets dirty very easily.

Bailey 4 Drawer Chest - Beech Effect.
Bailey 4 Drawer Chest - Beech Effect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 24 Nov. 2015
There is not much to fault with this little chest of drawers. Delivery was fast, it was easy to assemble, it is sturdy and reassuringly heavy, and it just looks good!

For the price I paid I cannot really moan, but there are some tiny negative points. The drawers are attached to the chest, not like other drawers which can be removed from the main unit (for easier transport for example). And some corners of the assembly unit came slightly damaged - I do not know if this was due to the transport or if they left the warehouse like this. Not a big deal though.

If I had my way I would have liked this chest to be slightly bigger, but you pay much more for a larger unit. So I will order another one of these chests, they really are an asset to any setting.

Sony Xperia Z5 Case - MoKo Halo Series Hybrid Cover with TPU Cushion Technology Corners + Clear Back Panel Bumper Cover for Sony Xperia Z5 5.2 Inch Smartphone 2015 Edition, Crystal CLEAR
Offered by BSCstore EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 17 Nov. 2015
I ordered this MoKo case for my Xperia Z5 because I was very disappointed with my previous purchase from Orzly (FlexiSlim Case for SONY XPERIA Z5 SmartPhone). And this case is much more like it. The fact that the back of this case is made out of hard plastic and the sides are made out of soft, gel-like material gives it a tighter, more snug fit. It does not add much thickness to the phone, but it still feels tough enough to handle a few accidental drops. And unlike the Orzly case it does not feel slippery in your hands, so you are less likely to drop your shiny Z5 it in the first place. Cut-outs are all in the right place, and the volume and camera buttons are covered by a thinner gel, which is slightly raised. The power button is not covered as it doubles up as a finger-print scanner.

Only thing I would criticise with this case (and this is why I deducted one star) is that MoKo decided to have their logo exactly on top of the XPERIA logo on the lower left hand side of the Z5, which makes it look slightly tacky, and it makes you believe that MoKo is quite desperate to be recognised as a brand.

Orzly® - FlexiSlim Case for SONY XPERIA Z5 SmartPhone (2015 Phablet Model / ORIGINAL FULL SIZE VERSION of XPERIA Z5) - Super Slim (0.35mm) Protective Phone Cover in Semi Transparent WHITE
Offered by G-Hub

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your money, 17 Nov. 2015
I bought this case for my Xperia Z5 on the strength of the Orzly brand-name, but I have to say I am very much disappointed with my purchase. This case has not much going for it, it is too thin to protect the phone from accidental drops, but most of all it does not fit tightly, especially on the right hand side. And this just makes it look very cheap. I think the problem is that Orzly decided to have cut-outs for the volume and camera button, rather than cover them with some raised plastic material. And this in turn makes the case ’unstable’ and not very tight.

And if that was not enough, the case is made out of very slippery material, you might not want to bother at all. The only thing good about this case is that the semi-transparent frosted appearance looks quite nice. But this alone does not justify the price of £7 I paid for it.

I am going to be very suspicious about Orzly products in the future.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2015 5:48 PM GMT

TUDIA Ultra Slim LITE TPU Bumper Protective Case for OnePlus One Smartphone (Clear)
Offered by Aplars USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Purchase, 29 Jun. 2015
First TUDIA case I have owned so far. Fits the OnePlus One very tightly, probably even too tight as it is a bit of a struggle to get it on and off the phone. Does add some bulk to an already large device, but with this case attached the screen does not touch the surface when placed upside down. The cutouts are all in the right place, and the gel is slightly raised where the volume and power buttons are on the sides. One centimetre on the top and the bottom of the case is clear gel, whilst the part in between is matt, which gives it a distinctive look. The TUDIA case for the OnePlus One is certainly one of the better cases out there, and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

EnGive 6 Packs HD Crystal Clear Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector
EnGive 6 Packs HD Crystal Clear Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector
Offered by engivewayde

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not smudge-resistant, 11 Jun. 2015
These screen protectors for the SGS5 are good value for the money you pay. They fit the phone’s screen almost perfectly, only leaving less than half a millimetre unprotected, the cut-outs for the home button, front-camera and ear-piece are exactly where they should be, and they are easy to apply. They only reason I do not give them the full 5 stars is because they smudge very easily, which I think is because of the (cheap?) material being used.

SDTEK Clear Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Transparent Soft Gel TPU Silicone Cover Bumper
Offered by SDTEK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and looks good, 11 Jun. 2015
I have ordered many cases for various phones in the past, and they always come in some sort of sealed plastic bag to assure the buyer that they are brand new. This one came just loose inside the envelope, but it seems new so no big deal. Fitting the case on to the Galaxy S5 is very easy and it hugs the shape of the phone perfectly. All cut-outs are precisely where they should be and it makes the device less slippery in the hand. The volume and power buttons are covered but are clearly indicated as the gel is slightly raised in those areas.

This gel case seems to be able to withstand a few knocks and small drops, and for the price this is an excellent purchase. One thing I would say, though, from experience I know that these kind of cases usually turn slightly yellow after some time when exposed to daylight. Only time will tell if this will be the case with this case (see what I did there? :-)

Hardcase for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - leather optics turquoise - Cover PhoneNatic + protective foils
Offered by PhoneNatic

2.0 out of 5 stars The back has a nice feel to it and I love the colour, 1 May 2015
The back has a nice feel to it and I love the colour. But the phone does not sit tight enough inside the case, there is a lot of movement. Not for me I'm afraid.

7" RAPID5 SKITTLE KIDS TABLET PC - ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT - DUAL CORE CPU - QUAD CORE GPU - KIDS TABLET PC (BLUE)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good value entertainment for little ones (for a while), 1 May 2015
I bought this tablet for my 2 year old son who showed a lot of interest in my own touch screen phone and tablet. It is good for what it is, and especially given the below-£40-pricetag. "You get what you pay for" as they say, and this is certainly true with this purchase.

The Good: it is very sturdy and ergonomically shaped, perfect for little hands. And it looks like it can take quite a beating (or dropping for that matter). It comes with a lot of games and educational apps pre-installed, even though you can do this yourself by downloading those apps from the Google Play Store. It does not come with the very latest version of Android (v5.1), but version 4.4 is close enough. The Rapid5 Skittle comes with a micro-sd card slot so you can easily expand the internal storage of only 4GB - part of which is used by the system. The sound can be cranked up to quite a loud level and quality and distortion is acceptable at this price point.

A feature which the Rapid5 Skittle has got but which is missing on even some high-end Android devices is the ability to plug external USB-drives into the micro-USB port also known as "USB-OTG" or "USB-On-The-Go" (a micro-USB to full-size USB adaptor come with the package). This comes in handy when transferring files or keeping "grown-up" stuff separately.

The Bad: First thing I noticed when switching on the Rapid5 Skittle was the awful screen - it reminded me of those first-generation resistive touch-screens with low resolution and awful viewing angles - one needs to tilt the screen just a few degrees and the whole image becomes inverted. Colours are way too over-saturated and the screen lacks responsiveness at times. And given the low screen resolution of 800x480 pixels the apparently ’huge’ battery (2500mAh) does a very bad job in keeping the device powered for more than 2 hours, but this could also be a good thing as it restricts usage time for the little one. Even in standby mode with WiFi switched off it looses far too much juice.

The Rapid5 Skittle comes with its own charger and charging port, which is quite strange as one can also use a standard micro-USB charger and plug it into the micro-USB port to juice up the device.

The Ugly: I really cannot remember when I have seen such a bad camera on a mobile device. I probably have to go way back when manufacturers just started to introduce this feature, and those first cameras had a VGA-resolution. The tablet’s back camera is apparently 2 megapixel, but even in the perfect lighting condition there is far too much noise. And just ignore the camera indoors completely, because the image quality is an absolute joke, it really is THAT bad.

Conclusion: The Rapid5 Skittle Kiddie Tablet is an inexpensive entertainment and learning device for young children. It is not horrible or even unusable, but of course at this price-point compromises have to be made. Underneath the kiddies desktop the Rapid5 Skittle is a fully-fledged Android tablet with USB-OTG capabilities, and this makes it a low-cost choice for adults as well.

UPDATE: I have to downgrade this purchase to two stars as I have just found out that the pre-installed games on this tablet are not removable, and because there is very little memory left on the device I can only download and install one more game/app at a time. Very inconvenient. The better choice would be to buy a 'proper' android tablet - not a so-called 'kiddies-tablet" and download and install games and apps yourself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5