Profile for Woodster > Reviews

Content by Woodster

Woodster

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Wavlink USB 3.0 Dual Bay SATA External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5 Inch and 3.5 Inch HDD / SSD Support Offline Clone / Backup Functions - Black
Offered by Wavlink Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but you need access to an optical drive that accepts mini-cd's in order to use the software., 11 Oct. 2016
Seems to work well so far. Direct drive copying is simple (once you've worked out which is the source and which is the destination bay - the documentation is limited). My main problem is that the software (for more advanced drive manipulation) is provided on a mini-CD. As I only had access to a laptop with a built-in optical drive, it couldn't accept the small CD and therefore I couldn't use the software. My attempts to contact the manufacturer for a downloadable version failed, though I've since copied it to USB using a work computer.

RadValve Clamp Set to prevent leakage from thermostatic & manual valves after removing the radiator
Offered by ABD Tools

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, but don't overtighten!, 22 Mar. 2016
These are really handy. I think many people will move into houses in which the thermostatic valve caps have long since disappeared, and these really work well in stopping the valves leaking after removing the radiator - even with the system pressurised and the heating on. My only slight gripe is that the thread is plastic, and it is therefore quite easy to strip it if you overtighten. Just use a bit of common sense and don't keep going for that extra turn - you really don't need it!

NETGEAR XAVB5221-100UKS 1 Port  500 Mbps Powerline Adapter (Pack of 2)
NETGEAR XAVB5221-100UKS 1 Port 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter (Pack of 2)
Offered by NETWORK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and simple, 28 April 2015
So simple to install and around 50% smaller than the old netgear homeplugs I had (of which one died after many years use). Very happy with the connection speed and simplicity of installation. All that is left is to use them for a while and see if the durability is as good.

Foscam FI9821P (Black) 720p Megapixel H.264 Wireless N IP Camera
Foscam FI9821P (Black) 720p Megapixel H.264 Wireless N IP Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars The microphone / speaker seems to generate feedback quite easily, probably because they are positioned so close together, 23 Feb. 2015
Now it's updated to the latest firmware, there are few faults with this camera.

Pros:
I can access it from anywhere using the supplied DDNS domain name. The browser addons work perfectly on Chrome
The app also works well on my phone, using either local or remote access
The camera is very responsive to the touch-screen interface on the app, allowing me to pan and rotate as required.

Cons:
I had some trouble installing the browser addons into firefox (even the latest version). They worked initially - albeit intermittently - before finally stopping working at all. I have not tried internet explorer.
The microphone / speaker seems to generate feedback quite easily, probably because they are positioned so close together.

Overall however, it is a good purchase.

Olive Wood Salad Bowl Size: 27cm
Olive Wood Salad Bowl Size: 27cm

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a very pretty bowl, well proportioned and looks excellent as my ..., 23 Feb. 2015
It's a very pretty bowl, well proportioned and looks excellent as my new fruit bowl. Nice, substatial wood (~ 1.5 cm thick), closer to 28cm outer diameter and around 25cm inner diameter. The inside depth is around 9cm, and it stands ~10.5cm tall altogether. As each one is hand made these dimensions will probably vary, but this is perfect for what I wanted it for.

Additionally, the smell is really very pleasant. It's perhaps a teeny bit expensive, but it really is high quality and I am very happy with it.

Practical MEMS: Design of microsystems, accelerometers, gyroscopes, RF MEMS, optical MEMS, and microfluidic systems
by Ville Kaajakari

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and informative, but error strewn, 3 Jan. 2015
It covers the basics well and is written in an engaging fashion. It is, however, full of grammatical and spelling errors, and one or two (that i have found so far) errors in the provided examples. This unfortunately makes me wary of trusting some of the other content, though I believe most of it to be accurate.

I can't therefore award it five stars, but the narrative is very compelling for a textbook and the content is (for the most part) very helpful, and so three stars would therefore be an unfair representation.

Small Brown Milton Rattan Laundry Hamper / Basket / Ideal Gift
Small Brown Milton Rattan Laundry Hamper / Basket / Ideal Gift
Offered by Wovenhill

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, nice smelling and not too big, 30 Nov. 2014
They're made of a thick, sturdy weave and smell really pleasant - a nice change from your ordinary laundry basket smell! Not too big and perfect for my requirements. They have a liner, but I don't really use it to carry my clothes downstairs, it just protects them from possibly sharp ends on the basket.

The dark colour makes them look very smart, too.

Ergo-Tek Mesh Office Chair - Black
Ergo-Tek Mesh Office Chair - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 29 Nov. 2014
Very easy to assemble, and it has a nice, sturdy frame with a good weight to it. I have admittedly upgraded from a very poor chair to this, but it is a real step-change in comfort. I am 6'2" and it is perfectly proportioned for me. The lower lumbar support is a welcome addition.

Ottoman Double Storage Bed Upholstered in Faux Leather, 4ft 6, Black
Ottoman Double Storage Bed Upholstered in Faux Leather, 4ft 6, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain at the price and a genuinely nice product., 29 Nov. 2014
This is really very good for the money. It arrived quickly and was delivered to a pre-arranged location at my house while I was out at work.

It took me just over one hour to assemble it by myself - it really wasn't difficult. All the parts were there, the instructions were clear and all holes were in the correct place. The only deficiency was the spanner supplied was the wrong size for the nuts provided, but that is no reason to mark the product down.

The bed looks very nice now it is assembled, and feels very sturdy. I wouldn't call the gas pistons too stiff - they are firm, but this just gives you confidence that the bed won't fall down on your head once raised! They seem to work very well for me.

Overall I am very satisfied.

Sea Grass Corner linen laundry basket Large seagrass storage curved
Sea Grass Corner linen laundry basket Large seagrass storage curved
Offered by Furniture and your home

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, 29 Nov. 2014
It's well made and came with a nice card from the seller - a sweet touch. It's lined with linen and hinged on one side. It seems very sturdy and smells nice - I just have to make sure my cats don't treat it as a scratching post, and I'm sure it will last a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6