Profile for J. Cartwright > Reviews

Content by J. Cartwright

J. Cartwright (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Rotary Watches Men's Automatic Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 21 Dec. 2015
I have a thing for watches and battery powered ones just don't do much for me. I would sooner have one that needs to be wound up or with an automatic mechanism. I had been watching this one during the Amazon festive deals, each time I decided I wouldn’t purchase, until I thought to myself, it is Christmas and a big birthday for me in January so I purchased as a present for myself.

Really pleased, arrived today, unpacked and it looks absolutely stunning, really happy now that I bought this now, next thing I must buy is a case to put my watches in.

Genuine Rose jewellery Classical 18ct Real Rose Gold Plated Frosted Bangle Bracelet (Rose Gold)
Offered by DUALRANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 19 Dec. 2015
I will admit, I was worried about this being too small. Yes it's smaller than I thought it would be but fits the person I bought it for perfectly.

Now the quality, this is really solid, hence the review title, might not be solid gold but there sure has a weight, really nice and really happy.

The Book Of Souls
The Book Of Souls

1.0 out of 5 stars Rushed, needs editing, 28 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Book Of Souls (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of Maiden, I don't usually review albums but felt like I needed to. For me, the songs needed to be edited, lots of things that could be polished but aren't, almost as if they rushed to get in on the hype of the news of Bruce recovering, as for the longest song they have ever done, that should have remained on the cutting room floor.

I know there are some fans who love this album, but for me, their last real great album was Brave New World
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 8:00 PM GMT

Skullcandy S2SUHX-174 Strum 2015 In-Ear Headphone with In-Line Microphone - Black/Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is excellent, highly recommended, 28 Nov. 2015
Surprised by these. Use to use Sony manufacturered in-ear until they stopped making them. Sound quality is excellent, highly recommended

Island Bakery Organic Lemon Melts 150 g (Pack of 3)
Island Bakery Organic Lemon Melts 150 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, bit expensive but so nice, 28 Nov. 2015
So good, bit expensive but so nice

Betron KS45 Noise Isolating Ultralight Earphones with Amazing Comfort and Fit for Samsung (with remote and microphone)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 Nov. 2015
Very poor sound quality

Access All Areas
Access All Areas

5.0 out of 5 stars Was really surprised at the actual sound quality. I'm ..., 28 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Access All Areas (Audio CD)
Was really surprised at the actual sound quality. I'm sure this is a possible re-release but didn't recognise it. Must have if you are and old fan

Carissima Gold Unisex 9 ct Yellow Gold Enamel Ladybird Pendant
Carissima Gold Unisex 9 ct Yellow Gold Enamel Ladybird Pendant

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, 28 Nov. 2015
This is nice but was smaller than expected, not hallmarked either. Its actually about the size of a real ladybird. I like it and hope goes down well as a present

Deadwing
Deadwing

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Album but..., 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Deadwing (Audio CD)
This is my favourite Porcupine Tree album, so I hear you say why give it only 3 stars.

Well if like me you like to listen to music on your MP3 player then you would have wanted to be able to put this onto it.

Well the wonderful people of Sony have put copy protection onto the disc so you can play it in a standard CD player and DVD player but as soon as it goes into a CD-Rom drive you can't play it.

The album is for me the best album and would have been awarded 10 stars but due to the copy protection only gets the three. I recommend that you save your money and buy a high quality download from the bands official website, not only can you put onto a disc and MP3 player but you also get a live bonus track.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2012 2:31 PM BST

Dance Of Death
Dance Of Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, old Maiden classic!, 1 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Dance Of Death (Audio CD)
Drummer Nicko McBrain kicks off Iron Maiden's 13th studio record with an uncharacteristic one-two-three-four before launching into the rousing opener, "Wildest Dreams." This bar-band sensibility permeates Dance of Death's first three refreshing yet unremarkable tracks before shifting into the more familiar fantasy rock of previous releases. That shift begins with the remarkable "Montsegur," a brutal, melodic assault that recalls the group's glory days and showcases lead singer Bruce Dickinson at his venom-spitting best. The anthemic "New Frontier" is a musical sibling to the band's 1982 classic "Number of the Beast" and eclipses any doubt about the band's ability to keep up with the phantom specter of age. Despite the dark imagery and the ferocity of the performances, there's a looseness to the record that conveys a surreal sense of fun. They enjoy playing together, and that more than anything shines through on old-fashioned rockers like "No More Lies" and "Gates of Tomorrow." No Iron Maiden album would be complete without a Dungeons and Dragons-style epic, and they deliver on the hammy title track and the lush closer, "Journeyman." The group's innate ability to consistently cater to its fans' stubborn tastes, while maintaining a level of integrity that other veteran bands displace with unintentional Spinal Tap zeal, is a testament to its talent and experience. While the keyboard-heavy sound of their previous release, the excellent Brave New World, creeps into some of the more indulgent tracks, Dance of Death is a triumphant return to form for these heavy metal legends.
AHEM, Brave new world was not keyboard heavy, that was the return to form album ... this is mint too!

Page: 1 | 2