Profile for Little Miss Bookworm > Reviews

Content by Little Miss Bo...

Little Miss Bookworm

Page: 1 | 2
Make Believe
Make Believe

1.0 out of 5 stars What a bunch of ... make believe, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Make Believe (Kindle Edition)
*sighs* this wasn't my first time reading this book, I had it sitting in my library for over a year and couldn't remember why I hadn't read it again ... well now I remember exactly why. Unfortunately the whole book was just what that title suggests, a bunch of far fetched and slightly overdone make believe. I mean of course I can appreciate just how money and power can turn people against one another, but the antics of Hudson, and the reactions, actions and thoughts of a more often than not, hypocritical Jess left me wanting to not finish the book for the second time. It's bizarre how a book can drag so much and be rushed in other parts to the point where you feel almost cheated out of a potentially good storyline. I have no problem with a slightly out there story, in fact I welcome them, after all reading is a passion and can be an escape for most, but when you spend more time judging the stupidity and hypocrisy of characters like Jess than you do emphasising with them I think there's a slight problem.

I Married a Billionaire: The Prodigal Son (Contemporary Romance) (Book 3)
I Married a Billionaire: The Prodigal Son (Contemporary Romance) (Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me or ...?, 22 May 2014
Really? *sigh* I was expecting this to be a really attractive piece of work and I was burdened with fodder for 99% of it. I think 1 star is extremely considerate to be honest. It's so frustrating because the plot was golden, but it was warped by a woman who constantly complained even about things that she could have learned to love throughout the book and in the end or at least embrace much better. Like her baby, that whole golden scenario was rushed and evaded to all hell. So much so, that I almost couldn't continue reading without mentally telling Maddy to shut up every other sentence. I really couldn't connect with any characters other than Daniel's sister, and she wasn't even present in the book for the most part, which is saying something. Not to mention, this was either a grammar Nazi's dream or nightmare; I was so focused on replacing words mentally so the sentences made sense that I found myself forgetting to follow the plot at times. Being an impulsive reader was definitely my downfall when it came to this book, because I have to finish something I've started, and it irked me to no end that I even actually skimmed through some chapters just so I could finish the book and move on from it and never return.

Mistress of Rome (The Empress of Rome Book 1)
Mistress of Rome (The Empress of Rome Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this been all my life???!!!!, 9 Jun. 2013
One of my absolute all-time favourite books ever!! Read it four times now and I still can't get enough of it. The book is simply brilliant. I am a sucker for historical novels, usually I go down the ancient Egyptian route, but this was more than up my street. I highly recommend this book to everyone, even those not keen on the historic aspect, the action and smart-ass comments from Arius and Vix are enough to keep you both entertained and engrossed in this genius piece of literature.

Waiting for You
Waiting for You

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!!!!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Waiting for You (Kindle Edition)
Wow, just wow. This was packed with emotion, torment, pure enjoyment. Honestly read this, it is breath taking. I salute the author on this, truly an amazing read and loveable totally characters.

Oh, Brother!
Oh, Brother!

3.0 out of 5 stars HA HA and oh yeah, HA, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Oh, Brother! (Kindle Edition)
This child, it really couldn't get any more awkward than having your crush become your step brother. From reading the description I knew I would stick this book out to the end and I'm glad I did. I laughed at all of Mac's many misfortunes as well as her victories, awesome character. But yet again I would say that this is for the under 16s. I do think it was quite bizarre that Mac is around 14 and having to go through the issues which would have been more realistic and suited to a 16-18 year old perhaps. But I still enjoyed the overall book.

When Summer Ends
When Summer Ends

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm....., 23 April 2013
This review is from: When Summer Ends (Kindle Edition)
Eh. It was alright, didn't really appreciate the whole 'under aged but still gonna make it work' feel but hey ho, each author and Psyche to their own... I guess. I think this is definitely a book for the hormonal teen girls, not anything I would recommend to anyone above 16. Way too much blubbering and tantrums from the main character for me to actually sympathise with her. There were a few interesting twists, but the ultimate story just didn't sit well with me. But like I said, different morals and views lead to different reviews. So by all means read it and come up with your own stance.

Crush (Crush series Book 1)
Crush (Crush series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but praise, 23 April 2013
C'mon you gotta love these kick ass characters. This book was brilliant. The irony was off the scale. This author has some serious talent and I can only hope that she will release some new stuff. This book left me reeling at how it could twist then turn then totally blow up in your face before reassembling to give you a brilliant ending. Pure genius. Highly recommend it!!

Always You (The Best Friend Series Book 1)
Always You (The Best Friend Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Holy hell this was good, 23 April 2013
I was gripped from beginning to end, I loved it so much I read it in just under 2 days. I read this book after reading the reviews and I do agree that there definitely could have been an alternative for the nickname 'Riley Bear' it did get pretty annoying after being used so much. But other than that I really have no negatives about this story.

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 23 April 2013
Cannot complain one bit about this book. I have never laughed so much at a book and its characters so much before. Being from England meant that I was able to relate just that little bit more and it made the world of difference. I found myself reading with their accents the whole time. Mindy is an absolute gem! And really completes this plot and overall book. Would definitely read this more than once and highly recommend it to anyone up for a laugh or a simply great read.

The King's Concubine
The King's Concubine

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 23 April 2013
Not much to say really. It was good and then I really don't know what happened. It was like climbing a ladder of enjoyment and then falling off into sheer and utter boredom for the remainder of the book. I can happily get through 500+ paged books in a day, but this took me a month. My motivation to finish was only as good as the plot, so practically non existent. Really was a shame because the beginning was gripping. But every great beginning deserves an equally enticing middle and end which didn't happen. This book just wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Page: 1 | 2