Profile for Karen Lee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Final Girls
Final Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book which will be a massive hit!!!, 13 July 2017
This review is from: Final Girls (Kindle Edition)
Every now and then a book comes along that takes a genre in an unexpected direction! Riley Sager has done that here with Final Girls! You are as a reader both eager to find out the truth and yet you don't want to know more because you find a chill running up your spine! It's one of those books that is compulsive and disturbing-if this book isn't a massive hit, there is no justice!

Thanks to NetGalley and to publisher for ARC- completely fair review for a fabulous book!

Last Breath: A gripping serial killer thriller that will have you hooked (Detective Erika Foster Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Breath: the social media nightmare!, 13 April 2017
5⭐️ Review for a NetGalley

So Erika Foster returns in this new and amazing installation of in Robert Bryndza's electric series! This is another well-written and extremely well paced story, as I've personally come to expect from the writer but surprisingly I read this in record time- less than 24hrs! Dark Water was my personal high point but Last Breath steals the crown! It's a book that truly sucks you in and refuses to let your brain go free until you finish!!! My own baby (whose name is Erika- can you guess why?) enjoyed her bedtime feed whilst I shamelessly followed another Erika around!

This book has a fantastic group of characters, and finely balances the work and pleasure aspects of them- Erika in this book is revealed even further; perhaps even showing a warmer side than ever before. Despite this softer side being revealed, she is still the kick-ass Erika we have all come to know and love! Her ability to become SIO despite rubbing every superior up the wrong way with her rule breaking is miraculous but her selection of Moss, McGorry, Crane et al makes this story familiar! The crime however is your typical modern nightmare, social media becomes the perfect hunting ground for twisted piece of work, entrapping gorgeous females! He's not Prince Charming that's for certs, torture rather than tiffins is on his mind! Almost uniquely in Last Breath, the identity of this creep is known quite early on, you get to view things from his twisted perspective and the cat and mouse aspect makes for riveting reading!

Bryndza's style of pacing and dripping information to Erika and her colleagues makes the story flow elegantly, in fact I'd say it whips up the last quarter of the book into a reading frenzy! When the end comes; you're hit with conflict, the end is running at you full throttle and you want to see it through but you at the same time the end means saying goodbye to Erika and co again!

So in concluding this is an outstanding effort once again, Erika is revealed more and ok she gets away with a little more than is perhaps possible in reality but for me she's a absolute hero and I'd let her away with more. I cannot wait for more from the author, the Erika Foster series has become my crime fiction favourite!

A note to newbies: this series doesn't need to be followed in order, but if you'd like to chart character development then start with Girl in the Ice! Read all and don't look back!

An arc for a fair review!!!

Prussian Blue: Bernie Gunther Thriller 12
Prussian Blue: Bernie Gunther Thriller 12

5.0 out of 5 stars NetGalley for a fair review! Best Bernie Yet!!!, 6 April 2017
The praise for this book cannot be high enough- I am biased due to my long time love all things Bernie Gunther! This book doesn't let long time fans down but I also feel it does allow for people who are new to this book series to enter this world! The title of this book refers to antidote for Thalium, whereby Bernie is involved in another criminal enterprise! The success of this series is the character of Bernie- he's very much a man who is neither saint nor sinner and so you as the reader can live vicariously through him without feeling compromised. He is often caught in the web of Nazi or Stasi intrigue but he never loses his own humanity! Prussian Blue is set across two timelines separated by 17 years and this serves to show that despite the end of the Nazi era, nothing has fundamentally changed! It is a wonderfully intricate story, with excellent character details and a fabulous sense of time and place! Despite this being #12 in the series, it shows that good writing and a character who walks off the page, never has sell by date! I'm waiting for more Mr Kerr!!!

The Pearl and the Carnelian
The Pearl and the Carnelian

4.0 out of 5 stars ARC and well worth reading, 13 Dec. 2016
A free copy from Netgalley in return for a fair review!

I found this book uncomfortable reading at times, only because as an historian I realised how throughly well researched this book was. Perhaps to the point of overwhelming the actual story! However I enjoyed sinking into this world and it was comforting to turn the kindle off knowing it was fiction. Well written and paced. It echoes today's world and therefore worth reading!

The Murder Game
The Murder Game

5.0 out of 5 stars ARC I couldn't put down!, 5 Dec. 2016
This review is from: The Murder Game (Kindle Edition)
This book was gripping and such a page turner! Thank You NetGalley for giving me this!!!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Small by far don't bother!!!, 11 Nov. 2016
So the jacket arrived, on time! Only good point! I ordered an XL I'm a size 10 but I like a looser fit, this jacket wouldn't even meet to zip! Everybody's going to have to take my word that I don't have rings of fat over my stomach! Therefore I'm not at all pleased with the sizing of this garment- it's not too much to ask that an xl represents bigger than a size 10!

Second is to return the package I have to pay- this use the carrier that delivered is nonesense! We are they? It was a random guy who dropped it off! So it's costing me money to return an item that is significantly smaller than it should be!

Overall it's costed me money to find out that xl means something VERY different to these people!

Sugar Rush: A Sugar Bowl Novel
Sugar Rush: A Sugar Bowl Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous Price- loyal reader lost!!!!!!, 11 Sept. 2016
What is the deal with the price? Double the last book and treble the first! I don't care how good she is, this is nothing but a con! Stop fleecing loyal readers!!!!!!!!

Delta Baby Baby Sleep (White)
Delta Baby Baby Sleep (White)
Offered by Baby2K

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Baby means Happy Parents!, 14 Aug. 2016
After a stay in the NICU our baby girl was found to sleep better on her side and with this she sleeps sounds and safely and so do daddy and I! The cover is washable and we use it in her carrycot as well as her Moses basket! Flexible sleep aid which we couldn't do without!! 10/10!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer
Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery dead after 43mins, 13 Aug. 2016
What bad product! First time use- brand new battery lasted 43mins!!! Tbh I want to return this and get something else, it's such a waste of money! If I could negatively score this I would!

Internet Casual Women Feathers Chiffon Blouse Top Loose T-Shirt (10-12/L)
Internet Casual Women Feathers Chiffon Blouse Top Loose T-Shirt (10-12/L)
Offered by internet_8810

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap nasty fabric, 7 Jun. 2016
If this is chiffon I'm a cod fish! This the worst kind of polyester I've seen! Colour and pattern as detailed but this not worth the wait or the wear!

Page: 1 | 2